Is procrastination the reasons why most people are not able to start up a business ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
According to Wikipedia Procrastination is the action of unnecessarily and voluntarily delaying or postponing something , this could be a business or a potential life's achievement. I've observed that this is becoming more rampants than before, people are no more focusing in their areas of business or concentration because they believe they still have enough time in their lives .

Well there are many reasons why this is happening. One of the most popular reasons why most people are not really interested in their business plans or achievement is because they spend a lot of their time seeking pleasure. This pleasure could be in terms of being so absorb on social media or spending times with friends on things that are not productive .

Another possible reasons for procrastination is laziness. It is estimated that 80% of people who procrastinate is always as a result of laziness. Generally when we are lazy about our life goal and achievement we may not likely be able to achieve it .

I have seen a lot of people who are not able to establish the type of business they are interested or achieve their life plans. Could this actually be as a result of procrastination or there are other factors ?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Procrastination is hard to fight because sometimes one can just wake up without any zeal of doing anything and just sit back and watch as time rolls by, without taking action or doing anything productive.

Time on the other hand don't wait and don't care how you utilize it, it just keeps on moving mindlessly, time is very precious and important..

Battling procrastination is not a one time thing, it takes time and discipline, we have to hold ourselves accountable on how we spend our time and always remind ourselves that we have a goal we want to achieve.

Sometimes, there are roadblocks, after you have set your goals and how you plan to achieve them, something might come up that will make you to just feel like that day is wasted and these will make you to spend the remaining days doing things that don't matters to you.

I personally battles with procrastination a lot of times maybe because I'm in my comfort zone, but honestly I find getting up a big deal.

But overtime, what I think works efficiently is writing down what is is important to you on a paper and keep that note with you, make sure you read it out loud to yourself everyday this will help with clarity.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Procrastination is actually an act of been lazy, and this is truly a challenge with so many business people. In fact if one is going to be successful in life that person must try as much as possible to eradicate laziness and I regard it as procrastination. If one is going to be successful both online and offline, one must always try as much as possible to do whatever you have to do now and not wait do for a later time, I have invited so many people to come and work here on Trendri and many of them keeps tell me they do not have all the time to post here. And when you go visiting them, you will either see them talking or sleeping. And they are always broke. Looking for emergency 2000 naira loans. To take care of their bills. There is a particular who has been talking about traveling abroad to either work or school but he is yet to make any tangible move to applying for either a jobor even an admission. All he does is look at pictures and videos of beautiful places abroad. So I think laziness is why people are not achieving their goals.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The the act of procrastination is 100% one of problem , obstruction , and hindrances that have caused a lot of people with good and profitable business ideas not to establish and develop their business prospects . Procrastination is very bad and I am very sure , even in our respective schools our teachers have always taught us to throw away any habit of procrastination we have towards our education . The Bible and even the holy Quran have made it clear that the habit of procrastination have caused a lot of individual to end up in poverty and brokenness . when somebody develop the habit of procrastination he begin to postpone or unnecessarily delay something he intend to do which might bring positive returns .

Same is apply to business , procrastination towards business activities occurs when an individual who might have the capital to establish his or her profitable business idea but refuses to thereby postponing the date to establish the business idea . Individuals must understand that time is very crucial and also human beings are not guaranteed to live on Earth forever so whatever positive idea we have to implement in life we must go for it without delay . We must also understand that just as money is very crucial it is also very perishable .

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Procrastination is not the major reason why some people are unable to start online business. there are some other factors that contribute which prevent some people from starting their dream Internet business.

Laziness is another factor which prevents some people from making money online on starting online business. Some people have the mindset that you can literally print money from the internet doing little or no work.

But when the reality comes, the length that making money online require some work and they give up as a result.

There are some people over here who always ask for what I do online to make money. If you motivated whenever I show them ways I make money. Are usually introduced get paid to post forum too many of them.

it seems simple whenever I am explaining how to make money from get paid to post to this set of people. They marvel at the amount of money I make in a week from get me to post forum.

They are always more than eager to get started. But the problem is that they usually get discouraged and bored when things are not moving faster as they expected.

They've forgotten that it will be several months of consistent work before I could become better at making money with get paid to post forums.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that procrastination is one of the most important things that might lead to loss. There are many people who tend to delay many important things and they end up losing the right kind of opportunity to start or run the business. However, I must say that procrastination is not the only factor responsible for losses in business, as there are many other factors that are also responsible for such kind of losses. For example, preparing poor or ineffective strategies is one of the biggest reasons why many businesses fail. Secondly, not applying the right kind of business strategy at the right time is also a big reason and obviously this also involves procrastination as well.

Apart from that, I believe that not preparing the right kind of time at the right time is also a kind of behavior associated with procrastination as well. If you have capital and if you do not invest it at the right time, then you will lose the chance of making profits. However, this does not mean that you should hurry and make poor investment decisions that end up leading to losses. You must always prepare the right strategy and keep future prospects in your kind. this is how a successful businessman thinks.