How To Overcome Procrastination And Laziness While Making Money?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
According to several dictionaries, the term procrastination actually refer to the habit of delaying things and being lazy at the job. People who tend to procrastinate, are less likely to become successful as they ,do not make enough money due to this bad habit. Procrastination can affect anyone at any time. I have observed that when I feel really active and when I work a look, I feel much happier despite the fact that I do feel exhausted at some point or at the later time of the day, but things get much better when I feel satisfied about my money making task.

However, there come a few days when I feel really tired and lazy and I fail to complete my task at time and I make less money. This has been happening to me for the period of almost one month. I have to somehow overcome procrastination and break the habit of being lazy if I want to make more money. This is something easier said than done. So, have you ever felt that way? I am sure that we are all humans and we do feel lazy sometimes, but this does not mean that we should feel lazy all the time!

E

eldavis

Laziness and procrastinating has become a major factor hindering a lot of persons form actually achieving their goals and dreams. One very effective way to overcome this is your why factor.
Your why factor is simply your reason for wanting to make money or to go into a particular line of business. I came across a young entrepreneur who said if your why factor is not strong enough, you would end up half way, cause there would definitely be things that would discourage you, if your reason for doing it is not strong enough, it would discourage you.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Procrastination is truly an issue that affects so many people while making money online. I have faced in many times too. There are days when I am just so lazy to do anything and so I put it off to another time or another day. Which is a big disadvantage because I end up not doing anything on that day.

There was a time I decide to read about procrastination and it helped me a lot in dealing with it. Here are some tips I learnt on how to overcome it;

1. Learn to just get started even when you feel like procrastinating. I know it is so hard to get started. But it is also the antidote to procrastination. When you get started, you realize that the work is not really hard, you can do it!
  2. Control your emotions - Nils Salzgeber insists in his book "how to stop procrastinating" that procrastination is an emotion management issue and not a time management issue. Which is so true because when you are feeling sad, angry or anxious, you are most likely to procrastinate.
  3. Improve your willpower - willpower is the same as self discipline. It involves doing anything no matter how you feel. You can learn it by just practicing it. Just like a muscle, it grows stronger when you practice it.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely so exhausting to see majority of people today claiming that they are , or want to make money but yet they feel unwilling , reluctant , and procrastinating towards their intention of making money . Having a procrastinating and reluctant attitude and behaviour towards the act of making money online put you at a risk of not even making money at all but rather you will be left disappointed and remorseful to find out that a particular website or platform that was supposed to pay you for your activities if well carried out is no more in the internet and because you're lazy and reluctant you did not earn the most money out of it . There is literally no website or platform that is in the internet that is guaranteed to stay forever or even last the test of time because sooner or later a website that is considered to be legit and paying today good seems to vanish from the internet and nowhere to be found anymore .

If you want to succeed in your quest and intention of making money online you must endeavour to throw away any procrastinating and other procrastinating-related habits and behaviours , because they will never help you to succeed and attain financial freedom .

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I had a job I never missed a day on my job (except when I was sick). However, I work online, and sometimes I feel like not working and I don't boot my laptop. This kind of thing never happened when I had a job. I did not avoid going to the job just because I was not in the mood to work. I also never missed the deadline because when I missed the deadline, I would be humiliated by the boss. In my online work, I miss the deadline and ask the clients t extend the deadline. Since there is no one to humiliate me face to face, I sometimes take the leverage to miss the deadline. These days whenever guests come to my house, I make excuses for not working, however, when I had a job, I never missed my workday even when I had guests in my house. When you are working from home, you will have a lot of distractions and you make excuses to work, this will rarely happen when you have an offline job. If you want to make money online, you should always overcome procrastination and laziness. You should always meet the deadline.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Working on the internet comes with a lot of challenges but what will the time in your level of success on the internet is your ability to overcome the challenges. If you want to work online you should know that it is not a bed of roses because you must be able to discipline yourself in such a way that you will work almost 10 hours on daily basis in order to make something tangible.

Someone who taught me Affiliate marketing some time ago said that sometimes he works up to 18 hours in a day on the internet in order to make something tangible. if you want to work online if you first of all discipline yourself.

Discipline is very important when it comes to making money on the internet because if you are not disciplined you will procrastinate a lot and that alone is very bad for someone that really wants to make something on the internet.

Procrastination will make you to lose a lot of online money making opportunities. If you want to start a blog for example, it is very much important you get started as soon as possible and don't procrastinate. It is better for try and fail than not trying at all.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Procrastination is the thief of time and you must not procrastinate if you want to make money online. If we check the records of those that are making cool cash online, they never procrastinated. This is why procrastination is an habit that must be conquered very soon and must not be allowed to take a better part of us. It is simply put as an habit of being lazy to work which could make us poor. Because if you are not working you are likely to be poor . Forget about people talking about free money on the internet, there is nothing like free money on the internet, you just need to be hard-working to get that money. So many people are into working hard and that is why they become very poor. You could decide to settle for poverty or to settle for wealth by your attitude. This show that attitudinal change is needed in this regard. you should not in any way procrastinated whenever you are working online or offline. The basic truth is that most of the rich people of the world today are very hard-working and they are reaping the fruits of their hard work and doggedness.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Procrastination is truly the thief of time and this things happens to each and every one of us at some point in time of our lives. Infact somethings this monster called procrastination raises it ugly head in our daily house hold activities, for something as simple as cleaning ones room, or doing some laundry in the house. One could procrastinate all through.

This also shows it ugly head in our business and duties at the office as in some cases we end up suspending alot of jobs or task that we are suppose to do for some other time. And the challenge is that the time will never come as we will still continue to get busy.

One of the best ways to overcome is doing the task as soon as they arise and not leaving out anything for another time. And sometimes we need to go the extra miles of doing more work than necessary because this will help us to stay fit and keep us mentally alert. It will also help us to overcome any strain that may arise in the future since we must have completed alot of the daily task and the ones we still have do the future.

There are many people out there who are struggling with procrastination and laziness. They want to make money but they can't seem to get started.

Many people find it difficult to overcome procrastination and laziness. However, there are a few techniques that you can use to make money while overcoming these obstacles.

The first step is to understand why you're procrastinating and being lazy in the first place. Once you know the root of the problem, you can start to address it. Maybe you're not getting enough sleep, or maybe you're not eating healthy foods. Once you identify the issue, you can start taking steps to work towards it.

Another proven step is to set realistic goals. Don’t try to do too much at once. Start by setting a goal for each day, and then work on gradually increasing that number.

Finally, you should be determined at everything you do. Being determine would make you want to strike harder and it does help one to be in the right track.

However, there are a lot of things that can be done to increase your motivation, but these I have given I feel are the most important when it comes to staying motivated.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The worse form of laziness is laziness of the mind it can keep one captive for a very long time ahd you need to always find it if you want to make money. you know a lot of things that we intend to achieve in life starts. from the mind. Your mindsets would determine the rate at which you would succeed with what you intend to do with your life.

So if you want to kill laziness then tell yourself the simple truth that you want to be up and doing daily and how do you achieve to his by making up your mind that you would have to start working as early as possible.

if your mind is not set to work then you would know that you would not find working or work enjoyable. The thing is that if you don't enjoy you can never make good money especially if you are self employed.