Is making money better than education?

Hagson1

Education is the act of acquiring knowledge and impacting knowledge. When we are impacting knowledge to a group of people we say we are educating them. And when we acquired knowledge we say we are educated. Education is very important to man kind. As it exposed us to the reality of life. How we relate with each other and how we do things. It also direct us on how we manage our resources. You can have the money but if you don't know how to manage that which you have you may end up with nothing at the end. On the other side money is also very important to us, as we need the money to acquired even the education. Most especially in this twenty first century you can not go to school if you didn't have money. Now education have become so difficult that you have to spend a lots of your resources before you gain knowledge. As both of them is important which one do you think me, is better for someone to engage in first. Money or education, because this is very confusing to me. They say money is the root of all evil. And they also said money can buy education.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Education can be formal and informal we most certainly need both so essentially, the idea behind the creation of money itself all came as a result of some very well educated individuals who sat down and look deeply at the problem of trade by barter and came up to create the use of money. You can imagine if those people were not educated and they are having everything within their reach yet they will still live very poorly. The life of a truly educated man or woman is a very wealthy one because education helps you to improvise and provide for all the things that money may struggle to have. We are making a very big mistake to think that money rules the world. The truth is ideas actually rules the world and not money. We have so many billionaires in the world today and many of them are very silent and no one actual knows them, they have no imprint in the sands of time. But should me a truly educated fellow and I will show you a ruler of the world. Education provides you with opportunities to be knowledgeable and knowledge they say is power. Believe it and have peace.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Having money has nothing to do with education. There are many educated people out there that don't have money. Most of them have gone into petty business not worth for educated person like bike rider. Some have also gone into illegitimate business and occupation like selling drugs, going into robbery, been a scammer and many more.
Why do we even need education? Is it not to earn money and be respected in the society. But there are many rich people out there that has money and respected in the society but has little or no education. I heard that Bill Gate and Mark of Facebook dropped out of school to start there own business.
Education should be seen as second option. We should first acquire wealth or learn a profession before we think of going further in our education after we finish high school.
I am nit saying that education is not good. But it should not be our first choice. It is even advisable for everybody to have education. Because it develops our mental brain in promoting our business and interactions in the society.

E

eldavis

Though everyone is entitled to their own opinion but personally I feel both are important and have their roles to play, so it does not really make sense to say one is better than the other. There are lots of persons out there who are making money but are not educated, but their level of education has limited them for being amongst certain groups of persons.
Education does not guarantee your success financially but it is important. There is also notting wrong in fighting out your education and also having a job or hand skill you can use in making money.

Both are actually important, we need money to pursue our educational aim and achievements. Making money is good as we all know, but I'll prefer the later. Education first before money. Most people don't understand that you don't rush into finding money, finding money requires patient. Some even go extra miles doing money rituals and all sorts of illicit act just to make money. Education on the other hand has its own advantage, when you're educated, you get to pinpoint your aim or objectives in life, you get morals and know what is good and what is bad, when you see someone who is educated and has money, you can clearly tell the difference from his counterpart who is not educated but has a lot of money. The educated tend to think and make wiser decisions and know his goals. So, nope. It's better to be educated before you even think of being a billionaire.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I think they can't be compared, it's like asking between food and water which one is more important to the body system, education is a humanity's biggest asset and without education money will be useless and worthless, it's education that gives money it's value, without education we can't have money in circulation.

A typical example is those that leave in Village, they have a lot of assets ranging from animals to farm lands, to houses and all what you can think of, but they are not living a quality life, they don't know what a refrigerator is or what an AC is, they don't know the comfortability of a personal car and many other things.

Why do you think it's so? Because they don't have education, they don't know what to do with money, they just keep on hiding it and hoarding it and they'll die and their offspring will inherit.

Education is very important and money is very important, if you even look at money and understand the purpose its serving you'll gain a lot of things.

Money are acceptable today because people made them to, if the world decide on using cowries as money, we'll start using cowries, the inherent value of money is beyond the paper that we see.

Oluwasegun purpose

as for me I will say the two are good ,because both making money and education they are helpful for human being...

Let start with education first. Education is very important to one life,education is the key to one future,because one can not live without education..and the Major purpose of education is to read and write,if one can not read or write they is no how you can communicate with others....and also you can not make money without the help of education.....

About making money ...making money is also a very important thing into the life of human . if one do not have money in this life how can he/she survive, no one can survive without money in his or her life... The important and use of money in one life,with money in someone life one can be able to buy food stuff,buying of clothes and also paying of house rent....

With all this you can one see that the two are very good and important..

anil02

Verified member
Which type of education are you talking about? Is it formal education or informal education? Well, whatever be the case, I think money is better than education because even if you are a professor and you are still poor, your own locality or society will never respect you.

We live in the world of competition and money does almost everything rather than education. I think the world's richest man is not a professor.
We can say experience of life to informal education and we get it whole life. Every day of life teach us a lesson but in these day I think earning money without formal education is not easy. Why you are saying that a professor who have not money have not respect. First why a professor can't earn he can earn like other persons. It is right that in these in society money is more important than other things but how we can earn without formal and informal education. If some one is doing lo-profile work but earning nice sum than I think society never respect him

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to answer the question “is money-making better than education” you first need answers to two other questions.

How can you make money?

What is the purpose of education?

In order to make money, you need skills and knowledge. I will give you one simple example if you did not have writing skills and if you did not have knowledge of various topics, would you be able to make money on this platform?

How do you build skills and knowledge? Apart from education, is there any way to build skills and knowledge? It does not matter how you get an education, but what matters is you need to be educated.

So, now back to the original question. How can money-making be better than education when you need the education to make money?

If you want to make money, first consider building your knowledge and skills through education. Without education, your life is doomed.

You don’t need the education to pick trash and make money from trash, but I guess that’s now what money-making means, right?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
It is a very nice question indeed. Both money and education are important in life. When you are young, you must finish school and maybe go to university in order to acquire knowledge. Education will definitely help you to find a good job and make money. So, you can understand, that money and education are equally important in life.

anil02

Verified member
I think it is not fair to take meaning of education is formal education of school and college. It is fact that formal education is must to earn money with job. I think it is not possible to get a government or private job without a formal education it may be academic or professional. But for business some time it enough if we have some formal education and more experience. Here we have community Sindhi. These are business minded and they thing matriculation is enough and our read education is what we learn at our home business

Ajebo25

Verified member
When I was little I used to hear that education is the key but the way tings are going nowadays is making me to have a rethink, youths of nowadays don't want to work, they just want a miracle to happen for them to be rich which can't be so because everyone needs money, but they don't want to work hard for money nowadays instead they tend to scam people both online and offline in order to make money.

Many youths have dropped out of school just because because they want to be like their friend who made money without going to school but they need to know that education is very important when you're not educated and you have money, people who are educated can still scam you with their educational knowledge.

More over the lack of jobs has driven many youths to think education is not a good thing they government should do something about that.

anil02

Verified member
I am agree with you in these day education is some more expensive so if after spending time and hug money some one not get job than they may gets depressed. In these day here we have to much competition for government jobs. And low profile private jobs are not good paying jobs. Government also have limits of doing for jobs. I think it best that peoples thinks to learn and develop skills to gets jobs. And they also believe that there is not short cut of earning

Johnny Parker

Money is not better than education. Both have their own importance and serve different purposes in life. Education helps individuals develop important skills and knowledge while money enables individuals to acquire goods and services and meet their financial needs.

Aditi

Nice forum topic. Earning money is very important now. It depends on what skills you have. But education is also needed to teach skills.

ISPRWasIf

The question of whether making money is better than education is subjective and depends on individual circumstances and values. Both making money and education have their own importance and can contribute to personal and professional growth. Here are some points to consider:
  1. Financial stability: Making money is crucial for meeting basic needs, supporting oneself, and achieving financial stability. It provides opportunities for a comfortable lifestyle, accessing resources, and pursuing personal goals. However, financial stability alone may not guarantee long-term happiness and fulfillment.
  2. Personal growth and development: Education plays a vital role in personal growth and development. It broadens knowledge, cultivates critical thinking skills, and fosters intellectual curiosity. Education can enhance one's understanding of the world, promote self-improvement, and provide a foundation for lifelong learning.
  3. Career opportunities: Education often opens doors to a wider range of career opportunities. Having the necessary qualifications and skills can increase employability and job prospects. However, it's worth noting that practical experience, networking, and skills acquired through work can also be valuable in certain industries.
  4. Fulfillment and purpose: While making money is essential for financial security, finding purpose and fulfillment in life goes beyond monetary considerations. Education can contribute to personal fulfillment by allowing individuals to pursue their passions, make a positive impact on society, and engage in meaningful work.
  5. Balancing both: It's possible to strike a balance between making money and education. Many individuals pursue education to gain knowledge and skills that can help them advance in their careers and increase earning potential. Continuous learning and professional development can go hand in hand with making money and achieving financial goals.
Ultimately, the decision between making money and education depends on individual priorities, goals, and circumstances. It's important to consider both short-term financial needs and long-term personal and professional growth. Striving for a well-rounded approach that combines financial stability, ongoing learning, personal fulfillment, and meaningful contributions to society can lead to a more satisfying and balanced life.

Hola Penio

Education is the act of acquiring knowledge and impacting knowledge. When we are impacting knowledge to a group of people we say we are educating them. And when we acquired knowledge we say we are educated. Education is very important to man kind. As it exposed us to the reality of life. How we relate with each other and how we do things. It also direct us on how we manage our resources. You can have the money but if you don't know how to manage that which you have you may end up with nothing at the end. On the other side money is also very important to us, as we need the money to acquired even the education. Most especially in this twenty first century you can not go to school if you didn't have money. Now education have become so difficult that you have to spend a lots of your resources before you gain knowledge. As both of them is important which one do you think me, is better for someone to engage in first. Money or education, because this is very confusing to me. They say money is the root of all evil. And they also said money can buy education.
That's the main point of training - to make money. If you have your own way of making a good living without going to university, that's the best thing that can happen to you

lamxaquntufh

Lol, i dont think so. Knowledge is the most. In my opinion education is more important for people

Beelz3bub84

Its a hard question to answer as ok yes I do believe education is really important but also education costs which not everyone can afford so its personal thoughts to the individual which answers this.