Is it good for husband to let his wife know about his income?

Richee84

Incorrect Sentence Format
Trust is one of the fundamental key in any relationship and so it is good for both spouse to trust themselves in whatever they are doing. Letting your spouse known or have knowledge about your income or salary is a good thing to do and this will help to build their love and relationship on open-minded and trust, however there have been many occasions where this has rather be a disadvantage to the husband if the wife life style tend to be too extravagant in nature. Some women having knowledge of their husband income give them the privileged to make unnecessary demand to satisfy their needs at all cost, they help in planning how the man salary will be spend. The man who actually work for his salary is totally seen as not been in charge of his income as there is no secrecy's to how he spend his income. I feel is a good thing for spouse to totally trust themselves but at the same time I don't think is actually right to let your spouse know the exact amount of salary you are earning to enable the man have full control of his salary. What is your take on this?

HeavLeighGill

My husband and I both work and we each have our own bank accounts. We each know the login to each other's account and he knows exactly how much I make in salary. He gets overtime a lot so I usually know if he's going to have a good payday, but I only know the exact amount if he tells me. We're only middle class though, so we have to talk and work together to make sure all of our bills get paid. I imagine things may be different for those that make a lot of money.