How should financial responsibility be share when husband and wife run joint venture?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Some time it is possible for couple to have the same idea and start a business.
There is no how they will not make gain or profit at the end of the month and the profit will be share.
Now the issue is who contribute mostly to the business? Is their any agreement on the sharing ratio? If yet,at what percentage are they going to be sharing it?
If all this questions can be answer that is good that means the problem can be solved now. Example if the husband should be taken 60% and wife 40% that means husband can still be taken up most of the responsibility but wife will still be helping Little.
But if both of them where sharing 50-50 that means both of them can be doing that.. But no matter what the woman will still be saying man is the head of the house when it comes to responsibility at home.
My question is how are they going to do share the responsibility?

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view when it comes to joint venture I believe financial responsibility should be shared equally between the husband and the wife because this is business, there is no brother or relationship when it comes to business so every expenses should be shared equally. Or should be shared due to the percentage of their income in the business. Joint business between husband and wife can also be a family business which can be controlled by any of them

Ozigba Richard Lamai

This all depends on the family most family they don't share of financial responsibilities why other families they share the financial responsibility or however you say the man is always the head of the family irrespective of the kind of business the one fund husband are doing the man will always take the highest responsibility in when it comes to caring for his or her own family. However according to me they can share it 60, 40 that is the man having 60 with woman having49

Maphalle

I'm not sure if I well understand. Butif a couple start a business obviously they had the same interests. My opinion is that rhwy havw to be all responsible. Both of them must know how muxh comws in and how muxh foes out. In terms of profit they will be directed by the kind of marriage contract they entered into. But all in all they should have salaries as individuals.

Victor001

Looking forward to get married soonest, and running joint ventures with my wife must definitely be a well calculated proceeds to avoid issues, anything involving money takes another dimension of understanding. Personally for me I will choose to invite the higher bargain of the business while she run the business,it's all understanding of your partner.

Segat

Well I don't see anything bad in husband and wife having a joint venture, but they must both trust themselves and approach all issues not with business mind alone but with both family and business mind together. It depends on the agreement between the two of them and what ever they agreed on has nothing to do with discharging their duties as either husband or wife.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am quite surprised with the topics of a business that is involving the husband and wife. It seems that in your culture the husband is a separate entity from the wife. In our family the business of the husband belongs to the husband and wife and the business of the wife is also the same. There is no issue of shares with a business owned and operated by a couple.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
In case like this I prefer when there is a good pre agreement of what and how the business will be run so that when their is a case of divorce then it will not be hard to spilt the wealth. The authority of the business is for the both of them. They agree and make decisions together, in one body and mind.