Intermittent fasting to lose weight

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I know that there are so many ways to lose weight as we can see on this board with the numerous thread about losing weight. My contribution is the intermittent fasting which was proven to be effective in most cases.

In a normal eating habit the body gets hungry in 3 to 4 hours. That is why I eat a mid morning snack to ease the pangs of hunger. From breakfast at 7 am my stomach would grumble before 12 noon which is 5 hours break from eating. If you missed lunch that would be breakfast at 7 am and dinner at 8 pm. That’s more than 12 hours of intermittent fasting. The only drawback in this kind of diet is the hunger that you may not be able to withstand in the first week.

Mika

VIP Contributor
intermittent fasting is just a fad word. I do not like how people are trying to make money by selling ideas to people who are struggling to maintain their body weight. We all have our own body types and we are perfect the way we are. Instead of focusing on making a celebrity-like body, we need to focus on a healthy lifestyle, active life, healthy food, and moderate exercise.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have tried this during my search for sustainable weight loss practice, but I couldn’t make it pass 4 weeks I became so tired of the whole process. So I opted for portion control and it has been sustainable for me. IT will help one lose weight but it can get really boring

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know if this is an effective way of losing weight but personally if I am thinking of losing weight I will rather engage in exercise and limit the type of food I eat. I can never engage in fasting for the main purpose of losing weight because I find it very difficult to stay without eating food. That is my own personal decision.