How to Use Canva to Make Short Videos

Mika

VIP Contributor
Creating and publishing short videos is one of the best ways to make money online as you do not need investment and you do not need elaborate skills.

You can create short videos and publish them online by just opening the video app (youtube, tiktok, facebook reels, and instagram reels). However, if you want to create videos with quotes, quizzes, puzzles, texts, images, tutorials, instructions, you will need a video editing program. There are a lot of programs for video editing, but the one that I recommend for editing short videos is Canva. For this purpose you need Canva pro account.

Since short videos are vertical, choose a vertical frame, drag and drop the video clips, add text, images, clip art, emoji, emoticon, memes, transition, animation, music, anything you want. Canvas has a lot of video clips, images, and music files for you to embed on your videos. Best thing is you can create your short video by using Canva mobile app and you don’t need a computer. Your video will be ready to be uploaded in the platform of your choice in few minutes.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is awesome to learn. Thank you so much for sharing this information. I have been so interested in creating such short videos of late and I was wondering how to do so with just images, quotes and memes. I came across Canva recently and I have it installed in my phone though I don't know yet how to use it.

I am glad now to have your instructions here that I can follow so that it can start me off into learning how to make videos there. I have just not upgraded to the pro version of this app and so it won't be useful for now until I pay for it.

It is so great to have such a great app for editing videos on your phone. Most other softwares and apps only require that use them in a laptop or computer, otherwise they won't work. But if you don't have a computer right now, Canva will still benefit you.

Creating short videos is a lucrative activity these days with so many platforms that you can post them in. After creating and editing, you can post in YouTube, TikTok, Facebook or Instagram. Others even have accounts in all these platforms.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you do not have Canva pro account, you cannot edit videos with Canva. You can edit images, create graphics for free on Canva, but you cannot edit videos for free. You need a pro account. In order to get a pro account you need to pay $13 per month. Paying $13 per month is obviously a big amount for someone who is not yet earning from videos. I do not have Canva pro, therefore, I have never used canva to edit videos. Having said that you also get a free one month trial, during this trial period you can create lot of short videos and then save on your device. I have used the trial version and I know how easy it is to edit videos with canva. You get a lot of free video clips, free music, free images and graphics that you can embed on your videos to make it look interesting. Canv cana be used in different ways not only to create graphics and videos but also printable. You can sell the items you create on canva. Therefore, in my opnion, spending money on canva pro account can be considered a good investment of you plan on creating short videos or selling graphics, templates and other digital products.