How to be noticed and kept after an internship

Holicent

VIP Contributor
While internships are a great way to get hands-on experience in your area, they may also be a fantastic way for you to establish your name. Here are three strategies you can employ to leverage your internship to find employment after it ends.

1. Determine the needs of the business.

Try to select an internship that will allow you to work on projects that are in line with the goals and objectives of the organization while you are looking for one. In this manner, they will be impressed by both your diligence and your capacity to think critically about how your abilities can be applied when they see what you have managed to do during the course of your internship and how it aided them in achieving their objectives.

2. Completely familiarize yourself with the available goods or services.

The greatest way to impress your managers and establish yourself as a go-to person is to get as knowledgeable as you can about their goods or services, then use that knowledge to demonstrate how well you comprehend how they operate (and why). For instance, if a part of their website isn't functioning properly, make some recommendations for how it might be improved (and then act on them!). You'll dazzle everyone.

cmoneyspinner

The best way to get noticed and get offered a job to stay at a company is to work like you're already a permanent employee for that company. People notice somebody with a strong work ethic, i.e. they notice you are not lazy. You may not be able to work at the company where you interned for personal reasons (you had to relocate to another city, etc.) So another good thing is that even though don't get a job with the company where you interned, it is possible that the employer would be willing to be a reference and recommend you if you are applying for a job ellsewher. They'd be happy to say: "Yeah! I know that kid. He or she works hard!"

E

eldavis

Your efforts and hard work would definitely speak for you, I know someone who was once an intern where I currently work, she was an intern way before I even got the job. She was later called back to work for the company simply because of her efforts and dedication back then when she was an intern.