Crypto what was the first coin you noticed on your first involvement in crypto

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There are now over thousands of crypto currency been created and more are still been created on a daily ,with new investors trooping into the crypto market ,i think during my time the first crypto currency i noticed was bitcoin because then where i learned about bitcoin was through a seminar since bitcoin was used to show us different examples on how to trade and others, so i thought bitcoin was the only availble crypto currency in the whole crypto ,till i downloaded a app and i start noticing and start finding out that there are some certain crypto currency available apart from bitcoin ,although it wasnt my fault then because i was a newbie online and i knew nothing about crypto currency ,so this affected my thoughts thinking it was only that crypto currency that was available,share your experience

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The coins I heard of when I just started the online surfing was ethereum and bitcoin. I thought those are the coins available, I never knew that we have millions of coins. Bitcoin is the pioneer coin and all other coin are clone of it . Altcoins are created so solve the shortcomings of the bitcoin. Bitcoin paved the way for the altcoins

uforwealth

Verified member
I lost Naira to Bitcoin investment in 2016.
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency introduced to me by a man online. He told me that if I could keep $100 of Bitcoin which is equivalent to 100 USD(not 100 Bitcoins) in my bitcoin wallet, I would be making nothing less than $1 on a daily basis because it would be increasing in value day by day.
I bought this coin in the hope that I would be able to make a huge amount of money as a profit. To my surprise, Bitcoin refused to increase instead, it continued to decrease daily. Out of fear that I might lose the remaining balance, I sold the remaining satoshi.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I lost Naira to Bitcoin investment in 2016.
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency introduced to me by a man online. He told me that if I could keep $100 of Bitcoin which is equivalent to 100 USD(not 100 Bitcoins) in my bitcoin wallet, I would be making nothing less than $1 on a daily basis because it would be increasing in value day by day.
I bought this coin in the hope that I would be able to make a huge amount of money as a profit. To my surprise, Bitcoin refused to increase instead, it continued to decrease daily. Out of fear that I might lose the remaining balance, I sold the remaining satoshi.
Imagine if you had many research on Bitcoin then just to know how it tends to increase in value and maybe with a lot patience, you could be in massive cash now lol. But i bet if most people knew by then that Bitcoin will rise up to this level.
I was dealing with faucet then too but I left faucet few days after I started claiming, thought it was wastes of time.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Shiba went down with the Doge, people who invested badly in it are waiting patiently for future surge. I think some people lost badly and they are waiting for any rise value so they can drop the coin.
Some people may continue to hold but I concur many new inventors in crypto will swiftly layoff the coin. I guess!

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency I noticed. It is very safe to say that the name bitcoin is synonymous to cryptocurrency. When you hear people talking about bitcoin sometimes they may not be referring to Bitcoin in particular about cryptocurrencies in general period the fact that it was the first cryptocurrency that was introduced in 2008 makes it the king of all cryptocurrencies.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Of course, bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency I noticed. It is very safe to say that the name bitcoin is synonymous to cryptocurrency. When you hear people talking about bitcoin sometimes they may not be referring to Bitcoin in particular about cryptocurrencies in general period the fact that it was the first cryptocurrency that was introduced in 2008 makes it the king of all cryptocurrencies.
Most people, especially the newbies in crypto never even know that there are Alt coins lol.... whenever they hear cryptocurrency, they think you are referring to Bitcoin. And when you start to name other ones for them, they tend to look surprise like "what is this one saying again"? Lol. This makes me realize that, we still don't have enough people in crypto yet.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The first coin i noticed when i was getting into crypto investment, is simply BTC. I was thinking BTC is the Cryptocurrency itself, before i came in fully to understand their are other coins that surrounds it. I gained some reasonable amount of Satoshis from faucets/PTC sites earlier last year when the price of BTC was around $10,500, I saved those fractions until December when the coin reached $25,000+, that's when i flipped my 100,000 Satoshis to make some reward back then.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I am very certain that 98% of people that will make comments on this topic will mention bitcoin as a first coin they come in contact with when they know about cryptocurrency, my opinion is also not far from it because it is my first queen of encounter and I invested in it and make profit but in the long run I discover the other coins that could give more profit in a very short time compared to Bitcoin so I shifted to them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It was Bitcoin that I first noticed in the news. I was wondering what a crypto currency is so I just ignored the Bitcoin. But now it is surprising that the market price of Bitcoin is very high at about $40k plus or minus. That high price is due to the transactions that the Bitcoin is having which until now is still the crowd favorite.

Josemendez

Verified member
I could remember the first coin I interacted with. It was bitcoin . I reached payment threshold and being unable to receive PayPal fund , I have no other option than to consider withdrawing through cryptocurrency. Indeed back then , I do not know what to do with the bitcoin that I acquire nor how I can convert it to Fiat currency.