Bitcoin ATM was installed at the Senate building in Mexico

Flow-er

Despite the criticism that the cryptocurrency world faces in the global financial system. Despite the criticism, the cryptocurrency world continue to grow at an alarming rate and this is see. in the market capitalisation in cryptocurrency market.

In the first quarter of year 2022 the cryptocurrency market capitalisation increased by over 26% . this is to show that there is more use of the cryptocurrency than before and so, more financial investors are getting involved in the crypto world. the cryptocurrency ecosystem as seen a lot of development around the installation of the bitcoin ATMs.

The United States is the leading country that has a large number of bitcoin ATM installed in all major event centres. Also there are so many bitcoin ATMs installed in the major cities of El Salvador.

Another history has been made in Mexico where the senate building of the country as in have a bitcoin ATM installed close to his entrance. This is to show the importance of the bitcoin in the economy of the country. All the legislators in the house unanimously supported bitcoin in the country. The team of the bitcoin project was fronted by a legislator called Miguel Ángel Mancera. This senator was supported by others unanimously.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
A Bitcoin ATM was installed at the Senate building in Mexico, which could lead to new legislation regarding cryptocurrencies. The ATM, which was developed by Athena Bitcoin, has been approved by the Senate. According to the company's CEO, it will be used to encourage ongoing discussions regarding the use of cryptocurrencies in Mexico.

"We're excited to bring Athena Bitcoin's cryptocurrency ATMs to Mexico," said CEO Gary Fan. "Working with the Mexican Senate really opens up a lot of doors and opportunities for future projects and digital currency awareness programs."

The cryptocurrency is not currently regulated in Mexico, though that may change in the near future. This ATM installation is the first step toward making that change happen. This Cryptography ATM is a welcomed development, if it can extend to other countries in no time, it will serve a great need. I don't see any disadvantage in having it all over the world yet, but i feel, there will be. I hope it gets to Nigeria too, I just hope. But then I don't see it being possible anytime soon.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
This is indeed a clear indication that the legislators will soon legislate on bitcoin adoption. Most of the legislators in the senate in Mexico a crypto enthusiast and I believe that they will soon put up a bill in the house that we'll see through bitcoin adoption. This is a good news around cryptocurrency community in Mexico, because installation of the bitcoin ATM at the senate building is a pointer that anytime soon the country may accept cryptocurrency. However, we don't know if it is going to be on the ground of being a legal tender or it is just going to be used as a normal transaction commodity. I'm looking at regulations around cryptocurrency in that country very soon. It is also known that most of the legislators holds the bitcoin. The extent or the amount of the bitcoin that they hold is what is not known. There is a strong clarification on the ground that the country will accept cryptocurrency very soon. We have seen so many countries use bitcoin as legal tender. Recently, a Central African Republic used bitcoin as legal tender and it was unanimously voted for as the legal tender in the house of assembly.