Why Was It So Hard To Make Money Online In The Past?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are so many folks who tend to make money online right now. A lots of people have chosen to make money online and there are many reasons for that as well. There are many people who never like an offline job. I am definitely one of those who always loved making money online and hated making money offline and there are many reasons for that. However, I have always wondered why making money online was so hard in the past? I think that there are several reasons for that as well.

Lack Of Opportunities/Platforms

I think that this was one of the main reasons why sop many people were simply not able to make income. There were not many websites that used to pay people for their hard efforts, but now things have changed and I must say that internet has played a very big role.

No Cryptocurrencies

I think that this is also one of the main reasons why there was a huge lack of opportunities in the first place. Even the websites that used to pay people only used PayPal as their option. After cryptocurrencies became prevalent, people started to get paid through cryptocurrencies as well.

So, what are some of the other reasons why there were almost no money making opportunities in the internet in the past?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There were many reasons why people couldn't make money online years back . For me it was lack of the right knowledge on how to find the jobs
Another thing is that in this part of the world , it wasn't even easy to have data to use online. Data was very costly so buying it wasn't easy for anybody. So this also hinders one from accessing the internet for work.
Another thing was the mode of payment. A lot of sites mode of payment was just PayPal and it became very difficult to get paid of your country dont have access to Paypal.

Etini

Valued Contributor
It was certainly difficult to make money online in the past for a variety of reasons. One major reason was the lack of technology and infrastructure in place to support e-commerce. Online payment methods and secure transactions were not as prevalent, making it difficult for people to trust in buying goods and services online.

Additionally, there was a limited amount of digital products and services available for purchase, limiting the opportunities for entrepreneurs. Furthermore, competition was limited as well, and SEO and online marketing knowledge was far less developed. However, now technology and infrastructure have improved a lot and many more options are available to make money online.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Making money online in the past was pretty hard for sure. For me, so many things made me unable to make a reasonable amount. One of them is that I was just lazy. When I learnt of legit ways to make money, I still found myself not doing it.

Another reason is lack of a good payment processor. At first, I had PayPal which was widely accepted. But then it got permanently limited and for sometime, I couldn't work online because I could not receive payments. But with time, most sites started using cryptocurrencies for payments and that is when I went back to trying my luck online.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It was certainly difficult to make money online in the past for a variety of reasons. One major reason was the lack of technology and infrastructure in place to support e-commerce. Online payment methods and secure transactions were not as prevalent, making it difficult for people to trust in buying goods and services online.

Additionally, there was a limited amount of digital products and services available for purchase, limiting the opportunities for entrepreneurs. Furthermore, competition was limited as well, and SEO and online marketing knowledge was far less developed. However, now technology and infrastructure have improved a lot and many more options are available to make money online.
There were many reasons why people couldn't make money online years back . For me it was lack of the right knowledge on how to find the jobs
Another thing is that in this part of the world , it wasn't even easy to have data to use online. Data was very costly so buying it wasn't easy for anybody. So this also hinders one from accessing the internet for work.
Another thing was the mode of payment. A lot of sites mode of payment was just PayPal and it became very difficult to get paid of your country dont have access to Paypal.

I think that there are so many people in here who are getting things wrong about payment methods. In the past, many payment systems such as Payza (AlertPay), Liberty Reserve, etc existed back then. However, PayPal was the only way to get paid because majority of the sites used PayPal only and never even thought about using some other ways to pay their members. The other reason why making money online in the past was so hard is due to the fact that there were almost no opportunities back then. Now there are many sites and they also use cryptocurrencies to pay the members and this is how people are now making money online.

SHAHID987

It is fact that in past it was too hard to earn online, in my view the main problem was payment processors as majority of sites only offers payment through Paypal and it is still not available in so many countries. Secondly internet connection was very costly, smart phones were not available and the only option was to use desktop.