How Sugar Can Damage Your Health and What You Can Do to Stop it

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
I’m sure you know by now that sugar is a dangerous substance. But I don’t expect you to take my word for it, so let me tell you some of the ways sugar can damage your health and how you can get rid of it in your system.

The first thing you need to do is get rid of all the foods in your home that contain sugar. You can start by getting rid of anything with high fructose corn syrup or dextrose, as these are very dangerous to your health. The next thing you will want to do is start eating more fruits and vegetables, because these foods contain natural sugars that are not harmful to your body.

If you have diabetes, then this should be particularly easy for you since fruits and vegetables tend to have more fiber than other types of food. Fiber helps keep blood sugar levels stable, which makes it easier for diabetics to maintain a healthy diet. If you don’t have diabetes but still want to avoid eating too much sugar, try eating more berries and apples instead because they made up less natural sugars than most other fruits. It might sound counterintuitive but eating more vegetables will actually help lower your blood pressure as well.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Sugar has been getting a bad rap in the media lately, but the fact is that sugar can be damaging to your health. Sugar is a type of carbohydrate that you digest and absorb quickly. Sugars are found naturally in foods like fruits and vegetables, but added sugar is often the biggest source of calories in American and diets.

The human body processes sugar differently from other types of food. The more sugar you eat and drink, the more your body wants—it works like a drug addiction. This means that when you do consume sugar, your body craves more of it to feel satisfied. Just as vampires crave for blood.

When you eat too much sugar and carbs, or not enough protein or fat, your blood sugar rises quickly. This causes a spike in insulin production, which lowers blood glucose levels. If your blood sugar drops too low, you may feel tired, irritable, or hungry again soon after eating.

Another problem with high-sugar diets is that they can cause insulin resistance over time—that's when your body needs more insulin to process glucose but isn't able to produce enough due to being overworked. Insulin resistance can lead to type 2 diabetes (and all the problems like heart disease and neuropathy that come along with diabetes).

The best way to avoid these negative effects is to stay away from additional sugar in your food and avoid or eat less food high in sugar content.

E

eldavis

Like they say, prevention is better than cure, the best remedy to stay healthy is to mind the level of sugar you take into the body. There are certain times where you might not even feel the effect until old age.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is easier said than done as you can just convince people to do away with all food substance containing sugars in their house.
Sugar containing substances are actually staple foods that are common in many homes, most especially those homes in developing and under developed countries. That is usually their only hope and it is almost practically impossible to convince them to do away with sugary food.

As someone who has got some first hand experience, I know how the increased level of sugar in an individual's body can deal with their health.
But there is also a need to be realistic about certain things. Take for instance, the people living in poor countries where they only have easy access to carbohydrate substances, they have no choice but to manage what they have and make sure they do not go hungry.

Personally, I think that the economy of a country is a determining factor in whether or not its citizens would depend more on sugar contents food.
A very good clarification here is just the food that usually add value to human body are usually very expensive and not affordable to the common man.
I just hope I have been able to make some things clear here.