How Do You Motivate Yourself As A Forex Trader

Zonked

I think the motivation we get from external sources would only last for a few moments. The real motivation is internal and that will last longer. Also you should not waste your time waiting for a boost of motivation. Sometimes we just have to show up even when we don’t feel like it. That is called being disciplined and discipline is what helps us in the long run. We all feel the urge to give up and quit once in a while. But always remember that there is no shame in struggling until you make it. The only people who fail at something are those who quit before succeeding. So just keep trying and keep thriving.

Wavemeter

Motivation comes from within. If you don’t feel motivated, try to remember why you picked trading. Obviously, monetary reasons are primary. But many invest to get rid of problems that do not have money. Use it to channel your concentration. Only you can drive your motivation.

Ponmo

I like to read success stories when I feel down and lost. I also talk to other traders on different forums to discuss how I feel and why trading seems difficult. It’s quite motivating to have so many traders around me who are going through the same issues who are ready to help each other.

Satanology

It’s all about acceptance and not beating hard on yourself when things go wrong. When you don’t accept your failures, you cannot learn. In this process, you want someone to motivate you. It is possible for them to cheer you up, but you are the only one who has to go further, cheering yourself even in the challenging times.
Acceptance is the only key here, in my opinion. Learn to accept your mistakes without criticism.

Scrutinize

I think joining a trader’s forum like this can be very helpful to keep yourself motivated. You get to know that you are not alone and that sense of belonging would keep you going. It will still be a journey that you have to take on your own in order to find which way will lead you to success in the long run. Still you do get some guidance and motivation from a community of fellow traders and that truly helps a lot.

Asahi

Verified member
A reliable trading platform is free of trading technical errors like slippage, reqoutes and dealing desk. Reliable brokers can only provide reliable and technical errors free trading platform. Eurotrader provides both mt4 and mt5 platforms and both of these are free of slippage, dealing desk, and requites.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing , forex trading is something that needs proper planning , dedication and willingness to succeed and without all those things I have mentioned above it will be very difficult for people to succeed most especially those that are not really serious to pass through a serious training on how to accurately analyse the market to come out with high quality signals. . ..

I really understand what you're trying to say , there is absolutely no one that will be motivating you in your forex journeys. You are definitely the one that will be motivating yourself if you are interested to succeed in this business because you will make a lot of mistakes during your demo trading and also when you are trying to test your skills in other ways.

Staying focus , learning from your experience and gaining more knowledge every day on forex is the only way that will help you succeed.

Mudpuppy

Self motivation goes a long way in this market, taking breaks and balancing out time is very important. Beginners should place stop loss in the beginning and maintain a journal to review past transactions. It is necessary to understand the issue and fix it. The end goal is a motivating factor, hard work wins. If you want to survive in this market for a long time, a strong mind is what gets you there.

Gastrology

I motivate myself by looking back at my trading journey and thinking how far I have come so far. It was surely not easy to retain my motivation as a beginner. But I was able to push through by following a disciplined and professional approach towards trading. Motivation will not last forever but discipline will lead you towards even when situations are unfavourable.

Petricolous

I try to remind myself of the things I’ve achieved because of forex and what I will achieve. Sometimes it works and doesn’t. But I try to be consistent by making it a part of my life.

Cittosis

Learning from mistakes can be a starter pack towards winning returns. Take breaks to refresh your mind and come up with new ideas. Take your time in learning and don’t rush the process. Watch the market and study it closely so while making decisions, you don't face any problems. Balance your life and trading, maintain a journal and keep track of your journey.

Diagraphics

I have written down my goals and remind myself from time to time when I see them. But sometimes motivation does not work. Instead I would say, building a discipline will go a long way than relying on temporary motivational quotes.

Lickspittle

During times of low motivation it is critical to remember that in addition to market fluctuations and economic conditions, it is our own psyche that helps or hinders us from reaching market success. There is no better motivation for success in forex trading than being driven by your goals, having a timeframe in place, and being totally involved in reaching those goals. It is, however, difficult to stay focused throughout the trading process in order to achieve success. Remove as many emotions as possible from your trading career, have solid knowledge of the forex market, stick to your trading plan, and keep going.

Electuary

Trading is a self-motivated adventure. Nobody will encourage you to earn more money and trade more effectively. In your trading journey, you are your only motivator. It is advised to adopt a trader's mindset and act accordingly. You can also learn from the experiences of other traders. It can assist you in becoming motivated.

Spittle

Motivation comes from consistency. When we push ourselves a little more day by day, we become disciplined. In that way, we do not become extreme on ourselves, which results in losses. There will be times when we may find forex difficult to trade, and motivation will come from our inside by understanding that it is our mind's tricks. No external resources for motivation may work all the time. If we remain consistent and improve little by little instead of improving ourselves under resistance, we will become profitable.

ShyCube

I just stopped looking for motivation a long ago. I trade like it’s my job and profession where I need to give my 100% in order to make profits. Being motivated is good but being disciplined as a trader will always lead to long term success in my opinion.

Honkie

There are a few things that you can do in order to motivate yourself as a Forex trader. One of the most important things that you should focus on is developing a strong work ethic. You should be determined to succeed and always strive to improve your skills and techniques. Additionally, another important thing that you should focus on is maintaining a positive attitude. This will help you stay motivated throughout your trading career and make it easier for you to succeed.

Belomancy

There are times that are challenging, even for the advanced players in the market. The key is not to lose your mind when such situations arrive; instead, deal with them with courage and confidence. You must understand the value of your mindset and how to utilise it in the best way possible to achieve the maximum out of your trading. That is why learning is so crucial. Learning everything (with a special focus on trading psychology and risk management) will keep your mind balanced. When you cannot trade, or it feels difficult to trade, do not trade forcefully. Forcing yourself to trade in such situations will only result in chaos.

Winebibber

To be honest, my financial goals motivate me to keep going forward. I know that success isn’t built in a day and it requires patience. We need to take small steps for reaping big rewards in the future. Also, I never compare myself to any other trader and connect to other traders on a forum. Connecting to other traders boosts my confidence.