How do you get outstanding salary when you want to quit your job?

Etini

Valued Contributor
This might sound strange. It is a common occurrence in the developing world for an organization to owe employees up to two months or three months' salary. And the amazing part of it is that if an employee decides to resign from that job, they won't even bother to pay such salaries.

The big question is, how does an employee get these debts before resigning from that job? Should he take the organization he/she worked for to court? Should he/she take the company money if he has access to it?

I had this experience. The company I worked for owed me three months' salary. I tried everything to make them pay my due but it seemed they blatantly refused. On the day I made up my mind to resign, I took their power-generating set. They had to call and beg me to come to get my pay. I believe organizations like this need people that are strong-headed.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
That was cool, as In the method or should I say tactic you used to get your owed wages paid. But you know this will not be possible in some conditions and situations and at times, it may not even work for example if you had no access to some important things, then that tactic would not have been possible and at times this kind of thing can flop and rebound on you. What if they decide to charge you with the crime of theft and taking properties illegally?

Actually I feel the best solution to this in my own opinion is once a company or organisation begins to delay or stop your payment, you take action immediately. Don't allow it to get prolonged or even continue for a long time. If I was to be in that condition, I will either direct my query or simply quit the job immediately.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you want to leave your company and get paid all your money before leaving the job, here are some steps:

1. Make sure you have a solid reason for leaving your job. It's not enough to just want to do something else; you should be really passionate about it.

2. Get a lawyer and have him or her write an exit letter for you (don't forget to get references!). This letter should explain why you're leaving, how much money you'll be getting from the company, and what your plans are for the future.

3. Send this letter to the HR department and ask for an official response within a week or two. If you don't hear anything from them within that time frame, then call them up and tell them that you're quitting because of their lack of communication (and tell them they need to call you).

4. Once they respond with an offer that meets your expectations, sign a contract with them stating that they will pay out all of their employees' salaries before they leave the company (and give them two weeks' notice).