Eczema Treatments and Solution

NurseFlo

I get eczema when I am stressed and during change of weather. It is very itchy and annoying.

I usually get rid of it by applying hydrocortisone cream. And taking antihistamines. Sometimes if it is severe then I also go for E45 cream.

Do you know any other treatments?

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
I get eczema when I am stressed and during change of weather. It is very itchy and annoying.

I usually get rid of it by applying hydrocortisone cream. And taking antihistamines. Sometimes if it is severe then I also go for E45 cream.

Do you know any other treatments?
There are a number of different treatments for eczema that can help you manage the symptoms of your condition.

One of the most common treatments is topical corticosteroids, which help relieve the itching and redness associated with eczema. Corticosteroids are available in cream, ointment, lotion or gel forms. The cream form is applied directly to affected areas while the other forms are used on a daily basis as an alternative to using a steroid cream every day. Topical corticosteroids can be helpful for treating mild to moderate cases of eczema, although they are not as effective at treating more severe cases.

You may also find that over-the-counter creams such as hydrocortisone or clobetasol work well for relieving inflammation and reducing redness and itching when used in conjunction with your regular treatment regimen for eczema.

These products do not come with the same side effects as prescription topical steroids such as methylproprionate or betamethasone valerate, however they do have some serious side effects including skin irritation, changes to blood sugar levels in diabetic patients and toxicity in children under six years old.

Mikevms

Hi, For mi works Humidifiers
Eczema is painful and itchy. Changes in temperature can escalate a flare-up. Since we cannot control the weather that occurs in nature, many people try to control the weather inside their homes. One way to gain more indoor control is to use a humidifier. In many cases, people use a humidifier to break up congestion when someone has a cold.
Humidifiers work equally well for dry skin caused by eczema. They release water into the air to increase moisture levels indoors. House temperatures should be kept comfortable and humidity levels between 45 and 55 degrees. To ensure that you are not exposing the skin to any harmful bacteria, you should clean your humidifier regularly with distilled water. Dry air in summer or winter can create a rough environment for your skin. However, a little bit of moisture in the air can change all that