Earn Money Do you think transcription is an easier gig online?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I took my time to study transcription for six months using my device, watching YouTube tutorials about transcription. I was more focused on learning about tools required to filter those inaudible voice of the speakers in order to hear their speeches clearly, so it can be easier for me to put down their voices into written words.

I discovered "footpedal, "headphone the stereo type, which "Dejays use to listen to audios perfectly. The work of "footpedal is to trap down or speed up audio voices to your own hearing. Upon all this tools I discovered, and the tutorial videos I watched to transcribe with 96% accuracy. Still it wasn't easy for me to get going with transcription at "Gotranscript, and transcribeme.com site.

I failed couple of transcription exams, later passed my final exam via "Transcribeme.com site. But didn't achieve the success rate in my first transcription assignment to carry on with my transcription tasks via "Transcribeme, due to inability of not hearing those voices correctly, even when i used the big stereo headphone to play it over and over it didn't work for me as planned.

Do you see transcription being an easy task?

Have you found success transcribing?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You're a faster thinker. I was so indebted in this job earlier on, but my inability to master those speakers voice with high accuracy, and passing the Transcribeme test faze me off. I tried transcription again via toloka-yandez, I still find it difficult to cram the words of the speakers with 100% accuracy cos my equipments aren't up to par to decide those voices into my hearing. That made it impossible for me to continue.
Do you have a laptop ? and what are the requirement that is necessary for you to become a good transcriptionist ? If laptop is actually the hindrances you then you should think of getting it if it will help you in your journey, I understand that it is profitable if you are an expert.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have seen a lot of people who have gotten a lot of gigs that involves them transcribing some articles . on a personal perspective I do not think that the business is something that is very easy and a lot is going to depend on how much work you put in and your skill.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have seen a lot of people who have gotten a lot of gigs that involves them transcribing some articles . on a personal perspective I do not think that the business is something that is very easy and a lot is going to depend on how much work you put in and your skill.
To be frank with myself, transcription isn't an easy task to do. I've tried it severally and it didn't work out successfully for me. To become a skilled and expert transcriptionist you need to undergo some course online or offline for some months to get aquatinted with the job in order to decode perfectly what those speakers are saying, and how to put your writing in the right format according how transcription demands.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
well, I don't consider transcription as an option for me because I do not like it and I have not ventured into it before. there are people that makes money from it on different freelancing platforms and also a platform called Qworld or something like that. There are people of different languages or will I say accents, so you need to know different accents in order to be successful in transcription.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You don't need to learn any other language to earn from transcription dear. Having English language as your main language is an option which puts you on a great advantage to work as a transcriptionist. It's never easy to transcribe with accuracy, I'll say the simple truth. But if you're determined you'll earn from it sure.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had an experience with transcribing movies for the subtitles. It is not just transcribing but also with a translation. It was not an easy job because sometimes the audio of the movie is not clear that words are mistaken when written. My niece who is a medical transcriber said that you need a good ear for the job of transcription.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You don't need to learn any other language to earn from transcription dear. Having English language as your main language is an option which puts you on a great advantage to work as a transcriptionist. It's never easy to transcribe with accuracy, I'll say the simple truth. But if you're determined you'll earn from it sure.
You were also interested of becoming a transcriptionist and ever since then I've not been hearing about it and your progress toward the transcription work, I think being able to qualify for the transcription is actually the most difficult thing for new people who are interested.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me it isn't easy I have been trying to get into some transcription sites but haven't been lucky with their test or entrance exams so it isn't easy at all but it pays better than posting on sites. I wish I can scale through the next time I try it out

AfriPeeps Official

To be sincere with you I really admire your tenacity and hardwork, not everyone can do what you did by dedicating time to make research on certain things well you have really tried and this post has encouraged me to dedicate time to research on that particular topic transcription, I am not familiar with it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You were also interested of becoming a transcriptionist and ever since then I've not been hearing about it and your progress toward the transcription work, I think being able to qualify for the transcription is actually the most difficult thing for new people who are interested.
You're a faster thinker. I was so indebted in this job earlier on, but my inability to master those speakers voice with high accuracy, and passing the Transcribeme test faze me off. I tried transcription again via toloka-yandez, I still find it difficult to cram the words of the speakers with 100% accuracy cos my equipments aren't up to par to decide those voices into my hearing. That made it impossible for me to continue.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Do you have a laptop ? and what are the requirement that is necessary for you to become a good transcriptionist ? If laptop is actually the hindrances you then you should think of getting it if it will help you in your journey, I understand that it is profitable if you are an expert.
Laptop isn't the problem with my downtime around transcription. Some transcription sites permit use of mobile phone to transcribe for them. But the ability to decode those outspoken words of the speakers is a difficult thing for me. And the equipments which will help me do that is simply 'footpedal, and big stereo headphone. Those equipments can cause me up to $200 including a laptop also, which can take it up to $400.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Laptop isn't the problem with my downtime around transcription. Some transcription sites permit use of mobile phone to transcribe for them. But the ability to decode those outspoken words of the speakers is a difficult thing for me. And the equipments which will help me do that is simply 'footpedal, and big stereo headphone. Those equipments can cause me up to $200 including a laptop also, which can take it up to $400.
But for management purposes the foot pedal you are talking about is not really necessary, I think you should be able to get a good Headphones with as low as $10 right here and this can also improve your hearing abilities when transcribing. Well I don't really know I'm just saying.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
But for management purposes the foot pedal you are talking about is not really necessary, I think you should be able to get a good Headphones with as low as $10 right here and this can also improve your hearing abilities when transcribing. Well I don't really know I'm just saying.
I am currently in the hunt for a larger stereo headphone to see how it goes with me again via Transcribeme transcription job. If I pass the test then perform my first task again then record success then I am off with earning from transcription. I know it isn't easy cos I will go through stress again in order to pass the multiple test of Transcribeme and Gotranscript etc.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I am currently in the hunt for a larger stereo headphone to see how it goes with me again via Transcribeme transcription job. If I pass the test then perform my first task again then record success then I am off with earning from transcription. I know it isn't easy cos I will go through stress again in order to pass the multiple test of Transcribeme and Gotranscript etc.
Well if you're just new then you shouldn't concentrate on two website ,you should just be looking forward on how you can be able to gain access to One One website, if you are fortunate to get employed then you can look forwards for others when you have much experience on it. For the heads phones you can check it out on jumia.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well if you're just new then you shouldn't concentrate on two website ,you should just be looking forward on how you can be able to gain access to One One website, if you are fortunate to get employed then you can look forwards for others when you have much experience on it. For the heads phones you can check it out on jumia.
Your exertions bare simply ideal, it's better to focus on one, cos transcription is too demanding and stressful too. At this time I am facing lots of school stress it wouldn't be ideal for me now to concentrate on two transcription site, your info is well taken.

I won't rush it, I'll take time to understudy how I'll simply use to pass the test.

I don't like buying items on Jumia, the time of delivery is way too long for me to absorb.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Your exertions bare simply ideal, it's better to focus on one, cos transcription is too demanding and stressful too. At this time I am facing lots of school stress it wouldn't be ideal for me now to concentrate on two transcription site, your info is well taken.

I won't rush it, I'll take time to understudy how I'll simply use to pass the test.

I don't like buying items on Jumia, the time of delivery is way too long for me to absorb.
For me I actually gave up on the transcription since I didn't have all the requirements that is necessary, although I have been glancing through some of their questions to understand how it is being done, the reason why I suggested Jumia is because you may not actually have time to check it out in an offline store... If you have time to check it out in an offline store then there is no problem.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
For me I actually gave up on the transcription since I didn't have all the requirements that is necessary, although I have been glancing through some of their questions to understand how it is being done, the reason why I suggested Jumia is because you may not actually have time to check it out in an offline store... If you have time to check it out in an offline store then there is no problem.
I know that the inability of not having the transcription equipments made you to give up on the task online. But in reality transcription doesn't require much, cos you can still use your phone to transcribe but I can be a burden, but if you're determined you can start with your phone to take it up gradually and build experience.

I'll search for it offline see if I can get the equipment in an affordable price.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know that the inability of not having the transcription equipments made you to give up on the task online. But in reality transcription doesn't require much, cos you can still use your phone to transcribe but I can be a burden, but if you're determined you can start with your phone to take it up gradually and build experience.

I'll search for it offline see if I can get the equipment in an affordable price.
But what of this smaller headphone that are popular ,don't you think that can be used in place of the big one because that one also may be able to deliver a good sound, if that one will be good then there is no need for you to spend so much trying to get the big one as both of them are almost the same.