Earn Money Do you think transcription is an easier gig online?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I took my time to study transcription for six months using my device, watching YouTube tutorials about transcription. I was more focused on learning about tools required to filter those inaudible voice of the speakers in order to hear their speeches clearly, so it can be easier for me to put down their voices into written words.

I discovered "footpedal, "headphone the stereo type, which "Dejays use to listen to audios perfectly. The work of "footpedal is to trap down or speed up audio voices to your own hearing. Upon all this tools I discovered, and the tutorial videos I watched to transcribe with 96% accuracy. Still it wasn't easy for me to get going with transcription at "Gotranscript, and transcribeme.com site.

I failed couple of transcription exams, later passed my final exam via "Transcribeme.com site. But didn't achieve the success rate in my first transcription assignment to carry on with my transcription tasks via "Transcribeme, due to inability of not hearing those voices correctly, even when i used the big stereo headphone to play it over and over it didn't work for me as planned.

Do you see transcription being an easy task?

Have you found success transcribing?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I really can’t say or agree that it’s an easier one but at least it could earn easy money for one. We a matter of fact. It is included in my list of passive income because it is a job you can do from home without having to do much stress rather than investing your time

Phabbyfundz

I would say that online transcription is one of the available ways to earn money with your skills online. But I think transcription solely rely on skills, and anyone who isn't skilled on transcription would find it difficult to take it up as a gig online. If you are skilled in transcription I think taking up transcription gigs online would be really good for you.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You simply need bigger stereo headphone which has improved sound that will enable you hear those speeches of the speakers audibly to transcribe better. That's why I slowed down in my transcription career. Apart from transcribing from Transcribeme, you can also do short transcription via toloka-yandez and earn reward too.
Wow you are a deep researcher .I wonder how you were able to come in contact with all this website, this toloka Yandez that you are talking about, do you think is really easier for me to pass their transcription test because passing their transcription test is always the most challenging things for us now

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Wow you are a deep researcher .I wonder how you were able to come in contact with all this website, this toloka Yandez that you are talking about, do you think is really easier for me to pass their transcription test because passing their transcription test is always the most challenging things for us now
You don't need to take a test in some of it's transcription offer cos they don't last more than 20 secs. The pay rate is okay, I did some earlier on, and got some right and also didn't do some good in transcribing those speeches of the speakers. Which it's simply looking inaudible, but if you are making use of large stereo headphone you'll hear it better.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You don't need to take a test in some of it's transcription offer cos they don't last more than 20 secs. The pay rate is okay, I did some earlier on, and got some right and also didn't do some good in transcribing those speeches of the speakers. Which it's simply looking inaudible, but if you are making use of large stereo headphone you'll hear it better.
Okay it seems like headphones is the only the problem and hindrances to our success as a transcription, but if I may ask what is the current price for the type of headphones that we will use all the transcription ,do you have an idea of how much we can budget for this headphones because I'm also interested to get one.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Okay it seems like headphones is the only the problem and hindrances to our success as a transcription, but if I may ask what is the current price for the type of headphones that we will use all the transcription ,do you have an idea of how much we can budget for this headphones because I'm also interested to get one.
I've priced that big stereo headphone at the local store, the list one which I saw that can improve my hearing which will enable those speakers to be audible due to its sound nature is $25. Their are some I priced they even told me to bring $60, I was shocked. But their are others you can get for $10 but they are simply making noise without bringing the main speeches out to be clearer.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I've priced that big stereo headphone at the local store, the list one which I saw that can improve my hearing which will enable those speakers to be audible due to its sound nature is $25. Their are some I priced they even told me to bring $60, I was shocked. But their are others you can get for $10 but they are simply making noise without bringing the main speeches out to be clearer.
Omo are you talking about $60 ? That's almost 30,000 naira for the headphones alone, what is so special about the headphone that we really need to spend so much money to get it and what is the difference between those two the one of $10 and that of $60, will the one of $10.00 not last, now that they are expensive what do you want to do.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Omo are you talking about $60 ? That's almost 30,000 naira for the headphones alone, what is so special about the headphone that we really need to spend so much money to get it and what is the difference between those two the one of $10 and that of $60, will the one of $10.00 not last, now that they are expensive what do you want to do.
The one of $30 which they showed me has a better sound, you'll get to hear the dip inside speeches of the speaker and the noise on the background, which I tasted and confirmed that's the true fact. The $10 type simply sound like an earpiece you can't get everything said around it, if you're using it to record or do transcription.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I have read so much about transcription as a method of earning online. But many people say that it is really hard to earn from those transcription sites. As you said, hearing those audios that you need to transcribe is not easy. Especially if it is an accent that you don't really get the words correctly.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The one of $30 which they showed me has a better sound, you'll get to hear the dip inside speeches of the speaker and the noise on the background, which I tasted and confirmed that's the true fact. The $10 type simply sound like an earpiece you can't get everything said around it, if you're using it to record or do transcription.
Ok then if the one of $30 is able to do all these things like giving you a clear and sound understanding of what the speaker is saying then what will the one of $60 do so special that it is expensive to that point ? Well I think you should consider buying the one of $60 because that is the one that will be suitable and that may actually last for a long time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
But what of this smaller headphone that are popular ,don't you think that can be used in place of the big one because that one also may be able to deliver a good sound, if that one will be good then there is no need for you to spend so much trying to get the big one as both of them are almost the same.
You simply need bigger stereo headphone which has improved sound that will enable you hear those speeches of the speakers audibly to transcribe better. That's why I slowed down in my transcription career. Apart from transcribing from Transcribeme, you can also do short transcription via toloka-yandez and earn reward too.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Ok then if the one of $30 is able to do all these things like giving you a clear and sound understanding of what the speaker is saying then what will the one of $60 do so special that it is expensive to that point ? Well I think you should consider buying the one of $60 because that is the one that will be suitable and that may actually last for a long time.
It's good you've acknowledged the fact about what they each can offer to you as a transcriptionist. If I have the funds I'll simply go for the $60 option, because it will enable me hear everything that I needed to hear. If your accuracy is high around transcription, surely you'll Excel cos the writing isn't a major problem to jot down.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It's good you've acknowledged the fact about what they each can offer to you as a transcriptionist. If I have the funds I'll simply go for the $60 option, because it will enable me hear everything that I needed to hear. If your accuracy is high around transcription, surely you'll Excel cos the writing isn't a major problem to jot down.
But even with all these things it may not actually be easy because it will actually take a lot of time for you to deliver a good job because you are to carefully listen to what they are saying and write it down. if you're not using any artificial intelligent than is not going to be easy for you as a transcriptions because of typing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
But even with all these things it may not actually be easy because it will actually take a lot of time for you to deliver a good job because you are to carefully listen to what they are saying and write it down. if you're not using any artificial intelligent than is not going to be easy for you as a transcriptions because of typing.
Artificial intelligence can't be successful in any way doing transcription tasks. For a successful transcription you need to write free from error, apply the terms of transcription, filter slang words and filler words. That's why transcription is centred to human intelligence because it's a sensitive kind of job that requires technical know-how to be executed.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Artificial intelligence can't be successful in any way doing transcription tasks. For a successful transcription you need to write free from error, apply the terms of transcription, filter slang words and filler words. That's why transcription is centred to human intelligence because it's a sensitive kind of job that requires technical know-how to be executed.
If you watch some YouTube videos ,you will see a lot of people are using the artificial intelligence to improve their transcription skill because this artificial intelligence can interpret what is being said to at least 95% accuracy then after that they have to replay it and correct some of the things that the artificial intelligence was not able to do.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you watch some YouTube videos ,you will see a lot of people are using the artificial intelligence to improve their transcription skill because this artificial intelligence can interpret what is being said to at least 95% accuracy then after that they have to replay it and correct some of the things that the artificial intelligence was not able to do.
Okay, to let you know something you don't know about.

Did you know that if it were possible to use artificial intelligence to do transcription perfectly those transcription sites wouldn't have needed your services in any way. They wouldn't have been paying professional transcriptionist above $1,000 a month simply transcribing for them.

Transcription isn't about writing as you hear those words on the voice note, you'll format it in the right way to suit transcription requirement before you'll be rewarded for that.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Transcription service is very difficult because you must develop a good listening habits before you can detect what people are saying in most of the audios. The service is even difficult when you are using software to render it. you will need a lot of gadgets and equipment before you can render high-quality services and the pay is not that high.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Transcribing is not an easy job to render as a freelancer in the market place. you need a lot of software to render the services and they are very expensive. I would rather go for the proofreading which is less stressful and can be render within short period of time. There is no reason to waste much time to earn little.

Last edited:

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Okay, to let you know something you don't know about.

Did you know that if it were possible to use artificial intelligence to do transcription perfectly those transcription sites wouldn't have needed your services in any way. They wouldn't have been paying professional transcriptionist above $1,000 a month simply transcribing for them.

Transcription isn't about writing as you hear those words on the voice note, you'll format it in the right way to suit transcription requirement before you'll be rewarded for that.
Bot may not be able to do all the transcription to 100% accuracy but they can do it to 75% accuracy and this can only be done within a period of 1 minutes and it will be your responsibility for you to proofread what the bot was doing a make a correction. This will make it easier for you and you may not even spend up to 10 minutes pay task.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
In my own opinion transcribing services is very I made this conclusion when I was helping a friend out doing transcribingI made this conclusion when I was helping a friend out doing transcribing job on humanatic. I have to listen to an audio several times before I could have idea about what they are discussing. And the pay is not that much.