Earn Money How can I make money doing transcription?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the simple ways to make money online is to engage in transcribing services.

Transcription job is in highly demand in most of the freelance market places that are available online.

You must be thinking you need to have a sharp hearing before you can make money transcribing, that is not always the case.

It is not necessary to have good hearing before you can make money transcribing. All you need is a software that can easily transcribe an audio file into written forms.

All You Need Is to install this transcribing software into your system, you play the audio while the software transcribes it into written forms.

Once the software finish with the transcribing job, you can proof read the document with the uses of a software called grammarly.

Some of the transcribe software you can use include Express Transcribe, Otranscribe, FTW Transcribe etc

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to work as a transcript you can find a lot of job opportunities online and offline. I never worked as a transcriptionist but I have had many friends who worked as transciptionists. But the work was so tiring that they left in few months. I hear humanatic is a good site where you can work and earn as transciptionists.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have read about transcription opportunities and was told one would need a laptop and also a good head phone. This is a kind of limitation that made me to not proceed with trying this opportunity, also I read that so many of them pay through PayPal and this made me quit thinking about earninng from it.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think there are several freelance websites or apps that we can get a transcription jobs from. But we have to how to transcribe one language to the other. However, people are using different means to do the transcription jobs..... I heard people can use Google app or some APK apps to run the job.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My niece has been a medical transcriber for more than 20 years now. She is earning good money and very comfortable with her work-from-home job. It is like having a household chore for her to work 8 to 10 hours in a day. However, in her field of medical transcription a medical degree is required. My niece has a diploma in Physical Therapy.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Transcription jobs are ones that are of very high demand all right now and there are some people that are even in the demand of people that can do it both ways. If you want to be successful in this then you must have to own a laptop computer and a good music system.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have a little experience of transcription when I was going through the training of becoming a transcriptionist. It was difficult and I couldn't make it in the transcription website because I did not have all the required tools that was needed to become a complete transcriptionist. Because of lack of tools it was difficult for me.