Frustration of Big Transcription files to type correctly to verify...

Lekhraj19

Verified member
If you have ever gone or experienced the Transcription site to apply and verify, they often give you a big file to check whether you are eligible for it or not. But, it sometimes give a lot of frustration to the applicants.

I have recently gone across the site called 3PlayMedia, where they already a lot of detail about me, and then they gave a 3 min audio file to transcribe and that was too without any speed controller there. As you know, accents creates issues and when you get a big file like that it is more tiresome. What are your views on it and have you ever gone through or qualified those?

Ekuvero

You would be given a file to transcribe to test you if you have any hearing impairment, through it isn't easy at the first time but along the line you would be able to cope with it, just keep trying if you could find a way to slower the speed so you could get the words bit by bits, with the issue of the accent trying playing the audio file often so you could get the words clearly and make sure you do use a good earphone so it would enable you enhance the words more audible than playing directly from your phone speaker

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Actually you need some applications to work perfectly on some transcription sites. Not because you are not good but because the accent always cause issues. I tried tired some to pass some transcription sites tests. But I couldn't until I found the gimmick to use in order to scrape through this hurdles. But for now you can make use of good earphones and be in a claim place before writing the test.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you have ever gone or experienced the Transcription site to apply and verify, they often give you a big file to check whether you are eligible for it or not. But, it sometimes give a lot of frustration to the applicants.

I have recently gone across the site called 3PlayMedia, where they already a lot of detail about me, and then they gave a 3 min audio file to transcribe and that was too without any speed controller there. As you know, accents creates issues and when you get a big file like that it is more tiresome. What are your views on it and have you ever gone through or qualified those?
I have seek for transcription jobs before found one called gotranscript. My time with this transcribing site didn't go as planned. I was given a task to transcribe an audio file that is 9 mins long. Which ia ore than 3k+ words to write down perfectly without errors in full verbatim. That is a test to access my transcribing ability. But for me, that is too much, i couldn't finish it cos i felt the test was too much for me to complete. That's not the best way to access a new member, at least they could have given me a short audio to transcribe that shouldn't eclipse past 2-3 mins.