Do you think an illiterate person can become a business billionaire??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This kind of question looks strange but though it is something that is happening. I have seen a scenario where an illiterate man without zero educational knowledge exploiting so high in his business initiative. The knowledge in fetching money is different from the one learnt at school. School can never guarantee you business success or wealth, rather they'll show you the way, enlighten you to face the reality to be successful. Most illiterate people are billionaire's today, cos they choose to learn the other way round to he productive in their respective business. Which is the one making them to succeed in their respective business endeavours.

Lyrrex

The thing is that some people are just blessed to be smart education or not, they applied their common sense and smartness to their businesses to become wealthy. The thing with business sometimes needs one studying trends and going for what is in vogue and what people are really looking for. Especially if one decides to go for community needs or ideas of things that a community lacks. But I still will not undermine education. It is good to add education to what one is engaging in

Shigobad2020

Illiteracy does not define wealth, getting wealthy has to do with the level of your intelligent quocent, I know some smart illiterate farmers in my area that has wealth and they employs graduate as their Secretary, I also know a car dealer that cannot even write his own name and he's making millions .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Why not? It is very possible for an illiterate to be a successful business tycoon. We have many examples of them, dangote has no university education, most top richest in the world are school dropouts. Education is just an added advantage, you will be able to apply your educational knowledge to your business. But that does not mean it is the only way to succeed. Just have the right motive, get a mentor, and be willing to try new things. Many people are educated but don't know anything about business sector. So education is not a barrier to success in business sector.
Sure, education is never a barrier of riches. Without education in ones life, the goal can still be achieved. As long as, their is still sense of reasoning and ability to innovate and create fantastic ideas, then i believe such person without formal education can still attain greater height and achieve a billionaires status in his or her life. Just as you said, our own dangote, that owned one of the biggest industrial company in our country isn't an educated person when he made his riches known on the world scene. That's another example that wealth isn't attainable in school, one can attain it any where.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The thing is that some people are just blessed to be smart education or not, they applied their common sense and smartness to their businesses to become wealthy. The thing with business sometimes needs one studying trends and going for what is in vogue and what people are really looking for. Especially if one decides to go for community needs or ideas of things that a community lacks. But I still will not undermine education. It is good to add education to what one is engaging in

Thosynho

This kind of question looks strange but though it is something that is happening. I have seen a scenario where an illiterate man without zero educational knowledge exploiting so high in his business initiative. The knowledge in fetching money is different from the one learnt at school. School can never guarantee you business success or wealth, rather they'll show you the way, enlighten you to face the reality to be successful. Most illiterate people are billionaire's today, cos they choose to learn the other way round to he productive in their respective business. Which is the one making them to succeed in their respective business endeavours.
In my view and experience in life being illiterate as in not having formal Western education has nothing serious to do with becoming a billionaire or successful business person. As a matter of fact, I have seen quite a number of successful business persons whom do not have more than primary education and are doing great as business tycoon in the business world. Although your education gives you an upper hand but not necessarily to make you billionaire.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Why not? It is very possible for an illiterate to be a successful business tycoon. We have many examples of them, dangote has no university education, most top richest in the world are school dropouts. Education is just an added advantage, you will be able to apply your educational knowledge to your business. But that does not mean it is the only way to succeed. Just have the right motive, get a mentor, and be willing to try new things. Many people are educated but don't know anything about business sector. So education is not a barrier to success in business sector.

Jonaville

Last I checked, literacy is not a criteria for becoming rich. This is one wrong mindset that affects most people today. They believe that if you don't go to school, you will become automatically poor, but that is not the case. There are many uneducated people out there who are making it big, and if you ask them if they are interested in going to school, they won't think twice before saying no.
In fact, becoming rich has little to do with literacy, but how innovative, determined and business oriented you are. So an illiterate can startup a business and become a millionaire through it.

Sprite1950

Richard Branson was considered a dunce by the people who taught him at school. He was actually dyslexic which as most people know is a disorder which causes learning difficulties in reading, writing and spelling. When he was at school there was not much known about it so his teachers thought he was stupid. He left school at 16 and decided to travel and talk to people to learn about the world. Now he is a billionaire and a lesson to us all never to give up on our dreams.

Olajidey

School is not a guarantee that if you do business you will succeed in doing the business, in fact, school did not even teach us how to do business we just go the study theory and practical while the people you called illiterate engage in business at a very young age, they learn from there mistake, they grow with knowledge, the use the knowledge gain and avoid the mistakes and make a lot of cool cash, nut we the so call literate we believe if they can do it we will do better, we pump a lot of cash in the business, and when we face little challenges we quit the business,

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Richard Branson was considered a dunce by the people who taught him at school. He was actually dyslexic which as most people know is a disorder which causes learning difficulties in reading, writing and spelling. When he was at school there was not much known about it so his teachers thought he was stupid. He left school at 16 and decided to travel and talk to people to learn about the world. Now he is a billionaire and a lesson to us all never to give up on our dreams.
That is motivation message you shared here, I've always said that, educational knowledge isn't the one that brings about wealth. The brain for acquiring absolute wealth isn't attainable in the school environment. One can only develop and expand his or her knowledge about productive things of life, try to innovate great ideas and putting into practice to get the best result that will lift his or her career up. Education will only enlighten us, teaches us deep aspect of life, broaden our knowledge. But it won't show us how to make million, billion dollars, everything depends on the mentality to crave forward and make greater mark through the skills you developed on your own. Or acquired through learning from experts.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
School is not a guarantee that if you do business you will succeed in doing the business, in fact, school did not even teach us how to do business we just go the study theory and practical while the people you called illiterate engage in business at a very young age, they learn from there mistake, they grow with knowledge, the use the knowledge gain and avoid the mistakes and make a lot of cool cash, nut we the so call literate we believe if they can do it we will do better, we pump a lot of cash in the business, and when we face little challenges we quit the business,
Good points bro, sometime we the graduates/undergraduates gets it wrong when classifying the illiterates. Like, saying they will only plan to fail cos they lack that essential basic knowledge of education to succeed in whatever business venture they enroll themselves. Its good the way you outlined the true facts that is needed to be heard. We are same humans with those illiterate ones, we reason like humans and have that business cog to drive success through adequate plans. If those illiterates plan admirably and stay calculative in their respective business endeavours they'll succeed and attain greater height than that one that said he's a graduate without proper plans for his business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Last I checked, literacy is not a criteria for becoming rich. This is one wrong mindset that affects most people today. They believe that if you don't go to school, you will become automatically poor, but that is not the case. There are many uneducated people out there who are making it big, and if you ask them if they are interested in going to school, they won't think twice before saying no.
In fact, becoming rich has little to do with literacy, but how innovative, determined and business oriented you are. So an illiterate can startup a business and become a millionaire through it.
Your message is wonderful with applied sense of reasoning. I wonder why some people always believe that without education one can't achieve his or her desired goal for life. Just as you said, most of those illiterate billionaires crave to go to school early time but base on no assistance from someone. They decided enrolling into business or any creative adventure to shape their life in order and make their families proud. Currently no one values paper without money proof, the riches are the ones enjoying life the graduate without substantial earnings is on the toll and suffering, no one knows him and his papers.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Making money is entirely different from acquiring formal education. An illeterate person can make as much money as possible and even become a multi billionaire, provided he has been able to develop some business sense that he would apply and succeed.
This is not to say that education is just a waste, the illeterate business owner still needs the services of trained professionals that would help him grow his business.

So the answer to your question is yes, there are a lot of such people, especially in Africa. But one thing I observe about them is that they send their children to the best schools. I guess they don't want their children to be illiterate like they were.

chicnthin

For sure it is possible for a illiterate person to become rich. Education is only a way to ensure one's future but it is not a determinant. In fact, it doesn't guarantee that it will you success, but rather it helps you get a job to live a decent life. I've heard a lot of story of people who have made a lot of money even when they didn't finish their degree. It's all about the determination of one person and resourcefulness.

Snazzy001

Yes, it is very possible for an illiterate to become a business billionaire, making money does not necessarily depend on literacy, so far as as the illiterate has got capital and people willing to work and help manage his business, he can really make billions.

Peppul

Well normally it shouldnt be possible but there are some businesses that you don't even need to be educated as long as you have an idea of the business which is by going for a training related to such businesses. Many people you see out there running a business are not all educated, some don't even have high school certificate and yet they are making it big time in their business while you look at some who are educated struggling with the business they are doing. The only area i think being an educated person has an advantage is an office work, where all your credentials will be reviewed if you qualified apart from this advantage there is none. Infact I can say that 70% of people that goes into business are illiterate only having the idea of buying and selling and how to manage the business by learning under a mentor and they are making it big time. So it's possible

Finger Geek

Verified member
There are many illiterate that own very big business and they are doing well with the job. Been educated does not mean the person will have brain for business. Business is all about using one's brain to put one or more things together with the idea of making money. There are some literate or educated people that has no sense of business.
Even if the illiterate doesn't have the brain to start a business, he can employ experts to run the business for him

Maks25

You will be amazed at the number of Uneducated successful business men and women compared to the huge number of educated men and women who are struggling to build a little business like selling doughnuts or cake or event decoration.
Not everyone was or will be privileged to go through the four walls of a university but whether you are educated or not is not a guarantee that you will succeed in business.

Maven Tiger

You've said it all @Bookwormlux. Formal education has little or nothing to do with how to successfully run a business. Majority of the millionaire residing in the Eastern part of my country don't have formal Education but when it comes to trade, they are very smart and informed.
If Education is that important in making a successful business owner, why is that majority of graduates with first degrees failed in business at first trial? Only few excel after learning what it takes over time.