Do you think an illiterate person can become a business billionaire??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This kind of question looks strange but though it is something that is happening. I have seen a scenario where an illiterate man without zero educational knowledge exploiting so high in his business initiative. The knowledge in fetching money is different from the one learnt at school. School can never guarantee you business success or wealth, rather they'll show you the way, enlighten you to face the reality to be successful. Most illiterate people are billionaire's today, cos they choose to learn the other way round to he productive in their respective business. Which is the one making them to succeed in their respective business endeavours.

D

Deleted member 27583

This kind of question looks strange but though it is something that is happening. I have seen a scenario where an illiterate man without zero educational knowledge exploiting so high in his business initiative. The knowledge in fetching money is different from the one learnt at school. School can never guarantee you business success or wealth, rather they'll show you the way, enlighten you to face the reality to be successful. Most illiterate people are billionaire's today, cos they choose to learn the other way round to he productive in their respective business. Which is the one making them to succeed in their respective business endeavours.
Of cause it is possible not to be literate and still become a business billionaire,but the people who work for him must be literate ,by that he or she can do more in business.because they will be some kind of business offer for her or she to handle but been illiterate he or she won't be able to handle it,but since he or she employed literate staff for her or her self they will execute the business on her or her behave ..so it is very possible to be illiterate and become a successful business billionaire... But been educated could make u go far in life than just been a billionaire but multi billionaire as well...
So education is the key to successful business...

D

Deleted member 28873

Yeah its actually happening been financially smart is diff from been educational smart.all it takes is an idea then 1% aspiration and about 99% perspiration.the idea of school is making us to think in the xme way while an illiterate man who is financially smart could possibly think out of the box and work really hard to follow his idea and one day he would wake up to find himselve a billionaire

Unique23

Yes I think it is true and I saw and meet many people who are not well educated but they are business man . In my opinion they are God gifted people who are illiterate but they are businessmany.

Barypresh

Yes, an illiterate person can do well in business. Become a billionaire all by himself? That will be a very long shot if you ask me. In this time and day, to succeed in business, one need some level of education, at least to understand and deploy some modern technology that will make a business grow to make billions. A "wise" illiterate person can employ literate people to run his business and get it to the billion naira or dollar business though

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are different kinds of education and they are; formal and informal education. Someone with proper knowledge of a particular business can actually venture into the business and become successful on it without any kind of paper certificate.

I have seen a scenario whereby people who never attended any schools succeeds in different kind of businesses and their probably millionaires. Many businesses actually has nothing to do with paper qualification because I have seen a lot of people who are university graduates but they are not even able to make money for themselves but they depend on 9 to 5 jobs in order to make money.

When it comes to making money and business generally your mindset can determine if you will actually be successful or not. If someone who never attended any School learns a particular business from someone who has been doing it for a very long time and later ventures into that particular business there is a very high probability that he or she will succeed in a particular business venture.

It is all about having proper knowledge of how business works and being disciplined towards achieving your business goals. Even as an illiterate you can employ people that have educational qualification to work for you.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
That is absolutely and literally true a lot of people today who own and control prominent business Enterprises and huge business organisations and possibly not graduate but illiterates . Riches and wealth is actually no respecter of knowledge and wisdom but what ability of an individual to harness the possibilities of getting rich and wealthy is totally what gets him or her to be actually rich and wealthy . Some people are naturally smart and very conscious of the environment and that is why they do not find it hard to create business ideas because almost everything they see and touch is actually a business idea for them to establish and implement in order to make money .

Personally I have a friend who is possibly at his early 20s and is indeed one of the top investor that I can think about in my country . To be very much elaborate this friend of mine isn't a graduate he only had his basic school training up to high School but because of lack of turning he didn't further his education into the tertiary institution but today he is totally earning huge and big it is business . All this was made possible as a result of his creative and critical thinking in order to formulate good and positive business ideas that are worthy of establishment and implementation and in order to do so it doesn't have to matter whether you are a graduate or a non-graduate or whether you are an literate or an illiterate .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You're right, when it comes to business, it doesn't have to be about formal knowledge to be successful. We can be successful through our common sense, having that creativity within us. God made us on his image, with good sense of reasoning, some persons threw away their talent for things that is less productive. Whereas some use their time well, invest in something much more profitable even without formal education, I've learned so much from people who are successful in business. Most of them didn't attend tertiary institution to become great. I am a graduate, since I finished my college, I haven't seen any opportunities offline, the only opportunity I'm having in life is through online. And I've been working online in the past 24 months, I depend solely online to make ends meet. Anyone can make money online without being a graduate, it depends on the skill level. One can learn a skill and master it exceptionally and earn money from that skill. At the moment, skill is the way forward, those who are skilled are making money out of their work or services to employers. I wouldn't rely on government to provide me job, because the high level of unemployment us high. So, I'm using my own hand to fend for myself, and learning skills on my own to improve my income.

blessingc

Making money doesn't have to do only with going to school coming out a graduate with certificates to show the world and apply for jobs, entrepreneurship is real and a very good source of making good and even better source of making money these days with the kind of economy we have in our country today.

These days alot of people gain wealth from building up their own empire with their skills not education. Some from really poor backgrounds who couldn't go to school or further their education, develop themselves and build up businesses where they employ even the educated.

Yes it is really necessary to know how to read and write but even those who do not know how to still make it with hardwork and patience, ignoring the shame and fighting to break through the barrier that made them not go to school so their children can go.

People who have skills like making shoes, business trading skills, fashion design, even brick laying and many more are gradually building up busines organizations where they make even more than those who claim to be educated and they employ the educated. They make huge sums of money from what they do and become billionaires.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Success is not defined based on being illeterate or not. There are many illeterate people that are successful business wise and we have some literate that have handled business without any success to boast of. That's life. What then make the difference?

Success in business is defined and determined by how far we can give our businesses whatever they demand. Whether you are illeterate or not, the moment you start giving your business the attention and the strategies that it craves for, the more chance you have to become a successful business owner.

In fact, some unverified claims have noticed that the illeterate do have much chance of success when we compare them with those that are literate. This is because those that are illeterate do business like that's their last time. They tend to put all their best to it compare to some literate who most time depend more on their certificate.

Besides, being educated only enlighten, expose and make us to see solutions in all problems. It will also let us realize opportunities where people see obstacles. Literacy will never tell us how to manage people or let us know the type of management style to adopt. It is just our acumen and love for business cum experience.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Well, this can happen by chance or by luck. If you look at the world around us, you'll see that many of the people who have made their fortunes have done so without having any formal education beyond high school. When asked why this was the case, many of these people said that they were able to learn through experience, and that when they had a goal in mind, they would do whatever it took to achieve it.

A case study is a man who made his fortune through real estate investments began buying up properties when he was only fourteen years old. He bought these properties from his parents' savings accounts, which were managed by his father. By age twenty-one he had been able to accumulate enough money for his first big purchase: an apartment building on Main Street (which later became known as "Main Street Mall").

He continued buying more property throughout his life until he retired at age sixty-five with a net worth of $200 million dollars (USD). He said that he never went to college because there weren't any jobs available for people without degrees at that time; however, he still felt confident enough in himself to pursue business ventures without any formal training whatsoever. Nevertheless, it is good to be educated, if you can.