Do you need to pay to learn how to make money online?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Making money online is right about the most easy thing on earth to do, especially if you can discipline your self and develop quality time to learning what is working. That is the most important thing to ever consider doing as far as making money online is concerned in this our world today .
However, I still get to see a situation where people are still being asked to pay money to learn how to make same money online. The truth is that all the resources needed to make money online are available on the internet for Free if you really know how to use the query box of your favourite search engine.

Imagine paying money to learn things like forum posting, affiliate marketing, drop shipping, forex trading when there are already lots of videos on YouTube revealing the secrets behind all of these online earning opportunities available.

Personally, I am of the belief that those who pay to learn something like this do so purely out of laziness to find out what is working on their own.
They believe that the person who is going to tutor them would spoon feed them on everything they need. That is why most of them get frustrated easily when their expectations Ain't met.

What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Making money online is right about the most easy thing on earth to do, especially if you can discipline your self and develop quality time to learning what is working. That is the most important thing to ever consider doing as far as making money online is concerned in this our world today .
However, I still get to see a situation where people are still being asked to pay money to learn how to make same money online. The truth is that all the resources needed to make money online are available on the internet for Free if you really know how to use the query box of your favourite search engine.

Imagine paying money to learn things like forum posting, affiliate marketing, drop shipping, forex trading when there are already lots of videos on YouTube revealing the secrets behind all of these online earning opportunities available.

Personally, I am of the belief that those who pay to learn something like this do so purely out of laziness to find out what is working on their own.
They believe that the person who is going to tutor them would spoon feed them on everything they need. That is why most of them get frustrated easily when their expectations Ain't met.

What do you think?
You cannot just said that @Bookwormlux because if you do not pay to learn what you are interested then obviously you are not really serious about what you are trying to do. How could you expect me to go online on YouTube to learn about a complicated online business like trading of cryptocurrency or forex ? You supposed to really understand that 90% of people that are posting content on YouTube are not really expert in what they are doing , but are just interested on how to get millions of viewers to make their money that's all .

Going there with the mindset of learning everything to a point of understanding how to trade perfectly may not be possible because those people don't really have anything to offer.

Well if you do not really pays for courses online , for me I will try as much as possible to pay whenever I have the money base on the skill I am interested to learn because I have seen someone that really pays almost $300 to get a skill and the person is now perfect in the skill and He makes so much money with this.. The quality of what they offer is different between youtube and a paid course.

Well not at all for me. I learned how to make 2d animation without paying a penny, I strictly rely on YouTube if I wanna learn how to do stuffs. I think it is one of the most cheapest way out there. Right now I'm an animation expect and I also do digital art and stuffs. I'm not saying paying to learn how to make money or do things is bad, but most people like more better learning in an isolated environment just like myself. I basically hate per to per learning. Looking at the cost again is another factor. Most people are successful even without going through the affiliate marketing course Wich some charge around N60,000 or buy just a single book of 20,000 naira which is quite expensive for most people. For me instead of spending money buying a book or taking a course that worth quite a fortune, I'll prefer to just subcribe a data plan which would take me less than N5000 to get a good amount of data, make sure my phone is charged, then check YouTube for free courses or ideas about starting affiliate marketing or other programs. So in other words, I can't pay for something I know isn't worth the price.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Well, we all know that making money online is not easy and it also requires skills. So in this case, if you are ready to make money online and you don't have the skill which means you have to pay another person with the skill to teach you,that simply means you have to pay before you can make money online.

Sometimes it all depends on the kind of online money making you are engaging yourself in, talking about making money online through affiliate marketing, investing in cryptocurrency and trading forex, blogging and the rest.
All these method of making money online needs your money, which means you have to pay, get the idea from expert,then start earning.

A lot of crypto traders do subscribe to a telegram channel so that they get analysis on how to trade. Most people also get their signals and analysis from WhatsApp groups that is reliable.

For me, I don't really have no idea about forex and cryptocurrency, but my friend does, so he said I should bring $30 so that I'll learn from him.

So it simply means that,You need to pay and learn so as to make money online.

Kendy

Verified member
Well, I partially agree with you but on the aspect of castigating those who pay to learn skills, I seriously frown at such perception or misconception. Inasmuch as the web helps us with necessary information, but it does not have all the required nitty-gritty. I had a friend who is a cryptocurrency trader, he did his personal research and was trading gradually it within him, he knows that he still needs a professional coaching, which of course he paid for the services. Even trained personnels and experts are still learning, despite their vast knowledge, they are still prone to mistakes. Would you possibly say that there is no need for formal education system? Yes, since the internet is readily available, does it mean that students or pupils should not go to school but they should use the internet because the essence of going to school is to be spoon-fed by teachers? The illustration you gave is exactly likened to this situation. The internet is just to add to our knowledge and the way you perceive these things, it seems you are unaware that it's a human like you and I who upload these things both on the site and YouTube channels and assuredly not all the information on the net is 100% correct.

Rachael

Verified member
Paying to get the required knowledge should not be seen as waste of money. I believe that no knowledge is a waste, it might not be used to get you money but it can be applied in other spheres of life. The knowledge on the internet does not emanate from space or from the sky but it comes from a conscious research and observations from individuals just like you and I and in some cases, these information does not prove real certainty, this is the reason on some occasions, there are different opinions on a particular subject matter. Most of the Yotube videos that are uploaded do not give the secrets to the information needed especially when it comes to cryptocurrencies and forex trading and a novice would only keep running to losses if he depends solely on self research. Some Youtubers just needs traffic on their channel and this is the paramont reason they will choose to discuss topics beyond their knowledge comprehension. Paying to attain or acquire knowledge is the right thing to do even when you have the basic knowledge. It shuld be seen as part of a necesary investment. If everyone should follow your opinion, we would likely have no coaches again and knowledge on the internet would become more secretive and expensive which you might opt for a subscription plan.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I don't think paying to learn how to make money is wrong in all ramifications, because in my opinion you're investing in yourself and that is the best investment and also you're saving yourself from trials and errors by paying a mentor to teach you.

Another point is, you will have a shoulder to lean on every time you meet road block on your journey this is very important.

When I started learning how to code I assure if I have a mentor I will be way ahead now, but because I taught myself everything from scratch and I did everything by myself, I'm still trying hard to find my footing.

While I also agree with you some people are just point blank lazy and they don't want to work which is sadly the large majority, In such cases even if there is mentor by there side they will not be able to succeed because of their own laziness.

Currently, I'm going to pay for a mentorship and I'm still doing my background study but I assure you even if I don't get desired result which I greatly doubt, I would learn something new that will help me in my journey.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Money begets money and I don't see anything bad in paying to learn how to make money. But not all skills or platforms we need to pay money to learn from. There are many websites or skills that we can navigate ourselves without the help of other people.

There are some skills that we can not learn online. Not because those information is not online but because those information won't be completed online. The instructors may intentionally leave some information unattended to. It is not possible for us to see all the information on how to make money free online. They also do videos for more likes and views.

However, we need to be careful while choosing to pay before we don't still need to waste money in the quest to make more money. We need to make sure are cleared about the source of the information. And also before we decide to pay, we need to know that we have already exhausted other means of sourcing the information. We must have tried to know whether there are some friends and online tutors that can help you for free.

As well, we need to know there is much reason why we need to pay money for such information because most timez some people will pay money but still won't make enough 5o commensurate the money they pay.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are two ways to make money online. The first is to try everything on your own by relying on free information available on the internet. The second method is to pay and experts to put you on the right track and start making.
If I am going to choose.

Both of them have merits and disadvantages. If I had to choose between the two I will go for the second option which is to learn from the experts.

Learning from the experts put you on the fast track and you can start making money as soon as possible. You are just riding on the past experience of the expert. You are bound to make a lot of mistakes when you are trying things on your own.

A little advice from the experts can you speed up the rate at which you are going to get positive result quickly on the journey. The expert has developed some set of skills which will take you years of trial and error to discover on your own.

When you have an expert beside you getting you on a particular way to make money online, you are bound to overcome common problems that faced people when they are trying to crack a code about particular money making method.

Caramelle

There are many ways to make money online and most of them do not require you to pay for learning how you can earn money from various platforms. If you can achieve your earning goals without paying someone to show you the ropes, I guess that would be perfectly normal in the online earning world. I have been earning decent money from different platforms for the past 7 years and in most cases, the sites themselves provide the training I needed to use their platforms. However, I also don't see anything wrong with paying for mentorship in certain fields like programming or investing in forex and cryptocurrencies. I'm an advocate of lifelong learning and I am investing time, money, and energy in post-graduate courses as well as technical courses that I can use in the future to secure more lucrative positions.​

Suba

Staff member
To make money online has different levels of difficulty, some are very easy, such as faucet sites and ptc sites. Some require language knowledge, such as PTP, and also need broad insight. there is also make money that requires special skills such as web design, financial consultants, hackers, forex trading, crypto and stocks. This special skill, if you only get it from a few sites and YouTube videos are just piecemeal, it will be difficult for beginners to understand, so it's better to make money which requires special skills we need to learn, of course spend some money, such as courses, webinars, we are also active join a community such as a forex, stock, crypto trader or hacker community.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
@Sotherefore Anybody that is really making money online would not have enough time to even think of teaching other people how to make money online.

This is the major reason why I believe that people should just focus on doing the own personal research on the available resources in the internet and not just rely on a single class held by somebody else to reveal everything to you concerning any alternative that people are using to make money online.

A belief system like this usually helps a lot in making sure that you do not get into the trap of some people out there who are not really making the money themselves , buy would be looking for innocent people to teach.

At the end of the day, their students would end up regretting why they even paid to join such classes because the single person cannot reveal everything to them since he is only one among several factors that are available in the market, especially when you're talking about cryptocurrencies and foreign exchange trading.

That is the major point that I'm trying to drive at, because we have a lot of people out there right now that are only concerned about teaching others how to make money online, when they themselves are not making any money.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well, everyone is actually entitled to their opinion. When it comes to the issue of making money online it is true that you can actually make money without spending any money on anything but it is also very important for you to note that there are some online businesses that you must spend money for you to be able to make money. A typical example is if you want to go into affiliate marketing. You will see a lot of people especially YouTubers who will tell you that you don't need to spend any money to make money on Affiliate marketing but when you start it you will actually know that the reverse is the case. If you really want to succeed in affiliate marketing it is very important you try as much as possible to spend money on things like having a blog or possibly purchasing a professional landing page which can be done using several platforms. There are also other things you need like buying of ads on different social media platforms and so many of them. This is just the case but when it comes to learning, you can gather a lot of resources available for free online. You can get them on YouTube or platforms like Udemy.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
@Chibson it may interest you to know that some one who supposedly wanted me to pay and join their affiliate marketing team did not even tell me that I was ever going to need a blog like you are saying here now.

Imagine if I had decided to join that team ,I would only end up with half baked information and regret why I even took the first step . This is why I do not want to ever pay any one money in the name of me wanting to learn some thing about making good amount of money online ..

I made same mistake towards the end of last year and it did not go well because the person who was to tutor us was actually forwarding messages from a group he created for the last class he had and this caused us to end up in much confusion. This is why I am going to make sure I spend quality time to learn it on my own , without waiting for anyone to come and show me the way. A lot of them won't reveal that actual secret of what is working for them, but would keep on beating about the bush?

Finger Geek

Verified member
No I don't believe that it is true that they are lazy. Do you know that the real keys to make money online can't be found freely? Many people including me have tried many to search on how to make money online easily but have not found the right info. That is because we can never find it. Do you also know or believe with me that it truly we have found the right info to make money online easily, you and me will not be here posting on forum websites to make money?

No one is lazy for looking for someone that has been making cool money online to tutor them. They have tried many ways but failed and they need someone that have been making it to teach they how they make it online.

Or should I ask you this question. Have you ever made $1000 in a month before? I want to believe that the answer is no. Because if the answer is yes. That same thing that you did to earn that amount of money, you will continue to use that tips and to post on forum will not be always but sometimes when you feel like.

There was a time that I learnt how to trade forex from someone. Because the person is my street brother. He collected just N20,000 from me. And now I use the tip. Only that the monthly returns is low and I don't have huge money to trade. But I know of someone in my street also that went for a paid seminar and bought a robot that worth N60,000. Every day with investment of $85. The man makes at least $5 profit every day. To make it on the internet. We need to learn from those that are already making it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@Chibson it may interest you to know that some one who supposedly wanted me to pay and join their affiliate marketing team did not even tell me that I was ever going to need a blog like you are saying here now.

Imagine if I had decided to join that team ,I would only end up with half baked information and regret why I even took the first step . This is why I do not want to ever pay any one money in the name of me wanting to learn some thing about making good amount of money online ..

I made same mistake towards the end of last year and it did not go well because the person who was to tutor us was actually forwarding messages from a group he created for the last class he had and this caused us to end up in much confusion. This is why I am going to make sure I spend quality time to learn it on my own , without waiting for anyone to come and show me the way. A lot of them won't reveal that actual secret of what is working for them, but would keep on beating about the bush?
It is always very important you try as much as possible to learn on your own if you really want to make money online because those people you see on different WhatsApp groups telling you that you would make so so money when you join their team are actually looking for who will purchase what you're promoting. so many of those people are affiliate marketers and if they are able to convince you to purchase that particular product that they are selling then they have their own commissions there. This is just a marketing strategy that they're using to convince you so that you can be able to purchase. I have come across such people and I have also watched a video on YouTube that taught me on how I can be able to get a lot of people through Whatsapp to promote products to them. What made me to lose interest is that the affiliate marketing platform requires you to pay certain money before you can be able to join. Affiliate marketing generally doesn't compulsorily require a website to make money but if you are looking at the international audience, then having a website is probably the best option because you stand a chance of making money through it when someone who is the reader of your website actually purchases a product through your link.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have never believed that you need to pay in order to make money if you are talking about getting basic information. There are many different kinds of blogs and websites that are full of information about how you can make money and I do not think that they require you to pay for money most of the time. However, things might get different when you talk about some sort of exceptional information. When it comes to such kind of knowledge or information that could help you to make a good amount of money, then you might need to pay for such kind of advise. This is why there are many website owners who usually set up a pay wall or ask you to buy some sort of exclusive membership when it comes to getting access to some sort of exceptional articles or guides that allow you to gain some kind of special information.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with asking for money because there are many consultation services out there that ask for money. So, if you ask for money in exchange of some kind of great information, then there is nothing wrong with that. However, there must be a proper way of doing that. As I mentioned before, you could install a pay wall or ask your members to buy an E-Book, or ask your viewers to sign--up for a paid membership to get the information.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Not not in all cases there is some website that a beginner friendly to its users and does not require any skill learning of any kind in order to participate in them for example this website we are using trendri.com we can say the website is user and beginner friendly and I can say you do not have to learn a skill to work on this website all the website need it is your idea on various topics that concern money , business , insurance , banking , and savings etc . there are also other website that require an individual to learn a skill especially when an individual is looking for how to make huge amount of money online .

Online jobs like affiliate marketing surely requires an individual to learn skills he must be able to know how to choose the best product to reach potential customers he must also be able and be good at promoting product the right way sometimes affiliate marketing is complicated and if someone does not tell and guide youin some of these complicated areas possibilities are you might end up not making any money . What are jobs like freelancing as well also go by an individual to learn a skill website like Amazon and up work including clickbank are all freelancing websites and to be able to outsmart your competitors you must learn a very qualified skill .

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor

What do you think?
Hi. Thank you very much for your interesting thread. It is true that nowadays most people are interested in making money online. Online jobs are considered to be easier than offline jobs since you can work from the comfort of your own house wearing comfortable clothes without any boss causing you stress but with your family and friends around you. What's more, you can have flexible working hours to arrange your daily schedule as you wish. This is wonderful! Of course, some basic knowledge about online earning is required so as to start working online.

On the other hand, it is believed that making money online is not easy at all. The main reason is that although there is a great variety of online jobs to choose from, most of the sites that offer these online jobs are fake. So, you may waste your precious time and effort working on these sites and not get paid in the end. Another reason why making money online is not easy is that some people do not have the knowledge and information required in order to make some money online. They do not know which earning sites are legit and which ones are fake. In some cases, they hardly know how to work on these sites so they end up giving it up. For this reason, it is highly important to learn a few things in advance about online earning.

In my opinion, you do not need to pay to learn how to make money online. You can find a lot of information on the internet for free. If you do a google search you will realize how many earning methods exist. Well, it is left to you to choose the best earning method you think is the best one for you and start making money online.

E

eldavis

It depends on what you are learning though and how far you plan on going to acquire these skills. Most of these skills we use in making money online, we can learn them for free, while there are also paid classes. In most cases, the paid classes have more to give and also offers more advantages than the free class. Forex trading for example, there are alot of free articles you can make use of in learning the skill, while there are also paid classes.