Real estate What you need to pay attention to when renting a home

greenieS

Verified member
How much will maintenance cost?

In addition to the actual rent, you will have to pay monthly for the maintenance of the home, which means water, gas, heating bills, but also common expenses, such as the elevator, the removal of household waste, light and heat in the block, but and the salaries of employees, who may be the president, accountant, administrator or censor of the association and the maid. Some blocks included in the final amount the repair fund of the block. Find out from other neighbors or even from the list displayed on the ground floor what is the amount that those who live in the building pay both in summer and in winter. You will be protected from unpleasant surprises in the future.

Parking spaces

If you have a car, make sure you don't have to park in the neighborhood. If the apartment is located in a crowded area (you can see in the article "Top 10 cities in Romania with the lowest air quality" which are crowded areas), it is very possible that you will not find to rent a parking space from the town hall. and having to leave it on the sidewalk, where you can take a fine or quarrel with your neighbors.

The program of the means of transport in the area

It is very important to be interested before moving to an area if it is well developed in terms of public transport, if you do not have a car. Usually, at most, at most, only one transport line leaves the newly built neighborhoods, and their traffic and schedule may be in opposition to your need to travel.

Neighborhood of shops

If you move to a new place and do not have a car, you need to find out which are the nearest stores. Otherwise, it may seem like a chore to go shopping with your arms full and you have to walk too much or wait for the bus full of bags.

How are the neighbors?

If you find out before you move in who you are dealing with above and below the apartment you want to rent, you will be relieved of any inconvenience. If the neighbors are noisy or are partying in the middle of the week, while you wake up in the first hour, you will probably have to look.

Does the owner accept pets?

If you are an animal lover, it is good to determine from the beginning if the future owner of the apartment where you want to move agrees or not with your four-legged friends. This way, you know if your place is there or not and you avoid any contradictory discussions that may occur later, because of this.

If you're thinking of renting a home there are various factors to be considered, here is what you should look out for.

1. Environment: make sure you cross check the environment and neighborhood of the place. Is it a place you can cope with? You should avoid places associated with too much criminal activities. These are high risk areas and should be avoided.

2. Availability of material: you wouldn't like it if you go 10 miles just to get niddle or goods, this is another factor to be considered.

3. Comfortability: take a look at the area and judge if you can be able to cope with it. You should also check out the rooms if you're comfortable with them. Your choice .attets in choosen a house for rent so choose what's best for you .

4. Accessibility: you wouldn't wanna stay in a ghost location which is far from the city. The more closer you are, the more safer. Be sure you're able to access places like the hospital, banks, schools etc.

These are some of the factors I think should be considered or important before you rent a house. Overall, what matters is how comfortable you are with the environment and the house itself.

Kendy

Verified member
Before renting a house, there are some things you might not be able to determine until you move into the particular environment. For example, to ascertain the type of neighbours you would possibly live with is difficult to ascertain. There are cases where a fellow neighbour makes the environment unhabitable to other tenants. Also, if you are renting a house which the landlord is living in the compound, you might not be able to do some certain things depending on the landlord and this is one factor people look out for, hardly would you see any one in my country who would willingly want to live in the same compound with his or her landlord but atimes challenges and no other alternatives makes them manage the available house. One of the key factors I look out for is access to good roads, the road should at least be accessible to infrastructures and most importantly it should be favourable to my work place. I would first of all calculate the cost of transportation daily and determine if I would accept to live there or not. I would also check the electricity bill because I have lived in a house which they give tenants expensive bills which is higher than what the landlord pays.

Rachael

Verified member
When I rented my present apartment, I looked out for just four features which I can readily access. First, I considered the basic amenities present in the vicinity like; water, the hours of power supply for at least 10 hours in a day. The location was of greater priority to me because no matter how cheap an apartment would be, if it is situated where it is known for insecurity issues, then I will not take the offer for free. I also considered the transportation I would possibly pay to work on a daily basis. I also considered the closeness to the market, hospital, a restaurant and to a church where I could easily gain access. I like to get acquainted with a particular environs before renting it either through my frequently visiting the area or through the recommendation of another person. The electricity tariff is very important to me and I do not like using a direct source of light due to high monthly bills. Lastly, I would never choose to live in the same compound with the landlord or landowner because the last experience I encountered taught me unforgettable lessons, where every move you take is a subject of discussion by landlords and their entire household.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I'm looking at renting my own apartment by the end of the year and there are only three things that matters to me.

Electricity, this is one of the major things I look out for because it's the most important thing to me, my life revolves around that, from charging my laptop and phone and enjoying the fan, electricity have to be on top of my priority, where I live currently has an epileptic power supply and most people uses a generator as a back up.

Security, the area has to secured because if there's no security then there will be no peace of mind, a lot of areas are insecure, most of them experience daylight burglary and robbery, a lot of touts around and all they are after is your possession, so that is a great priority for me too.

Last one is water, I don't really consider water as a major priority because there are alternatives, most houses comes with there own boreholes, most of the houses we have around here have boreholes already installed so that's not really a problem.

It is really worth it to look out for these things when renting an apartment because most agents just want to rush the whole process and get paid

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The parking is very important now because almost all apartment dwellers are parking on the side of the road due to obvious lack of parking space in their compound. Some villages are now imposing an anti-parking rule that you can park on the roadside but you have to pay a fee. Overnight parking is expensive in that rule but I guess that is good because at least the road parking is discouraged.

My friend bought a condominium unit that he intended for renting to foreigners. He didn't buy a parking slot because it is expensive at $20,000. Anyway, thinking that a foreigner has no car so it is just okay. But there was no foreigner to rent the unit and all that came were the locals who has a car. In other words the unit remains vacant for more than a year now (I think he bought the unit before the pandemic). That parking slot has ruined the plans of my friend.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Renting house should be done with proper consideration as there are many reasons why we need to be careful while trying to rent houses. The following are needed to be seriously considered.

There is need to consider the house rent of the house. There are more people that have rented apartments and later find out that they cannot cope with the payment. That's the reason why we need to be careful when renting houses to check whether we can recurrently afford the payment of the house.

Environment matter a lot. Environment most time may not only include the physical features of the house but skos the social environment which include the type of people living in the area. There is need to be careful with people that we choose to stay with as we are indirectly the product of the environment we find ourselves.

The structure and turn modernity of the house should be our focus while choosing to rent houses. Many oeille always get tired of living in a particular area maybe when they discovered that the structure is not suitable to their taste anymore .

We also need to consider the opportunities that we can get from the area. This will include the job opportunity z networking opportunity and even whether the place is good location for business organisation and promotion.

Caramelle

I would also be interested to know the monthly fees I have to pay to the homeowners' association. Often, fenced and well-developed communities charge a higher monthly fee that can ruin a family's budget. Condominium living is not cheap because of the monthly dues that are almost equal to the amount you'll have to pay for renting a unit.

Some places in my country frequently experience flooding for various reasons like poor community planning, inadequate maintenance, low area location, and changing weather conditions. This is worth investigating because floods can destroy properties and may make the house unlivable for days or weeks.

The rented house should be near places that matter to you and your family and have access to cheaper means of transportation if you don't own a car. Transportation can be costly if you choose to live in a rented house located in a remote village.​

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is not easy to just rent an apartment and they realized that it is really not what you expected of it at all.

A proper scrutiny on observation would enable you to avoid the situation and not end up with something you wouldn't be proud of.

In a country like mine, you have to try as much as possible to see to it that there is a reliable light supply in the particular environment where you are thinking of renting an apartment.

Another factor thatSome of us used to check, especially the young ones is the fact that we have to know if there is reliable internet connection network in the particular place.

This may seem insignificant so people who really do know but about it, but to us it is very very important and we do not take it for granted no matter how beautiful or highly designed the apartment is.

Another factor is the fact that the security of the environment must be good and top-notch .

This is to avoid a situation where you end up in an environment that usually as various crises and activities of cultists individuasl , which makes everything is a bad and life becomes miserable for you, despite the money that u are paying.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
If I am renting a building for my own personal use or a business , I will consider so many things personally and in most cases the security is always a point of consideration because the security will determine so many things about the location .

The availability of social amenities such as good constant power supply, good transport and good road network can also help if you are dealing with business.

Having this thing in the right proportion is a great advantage to you because you are much more likely to succeed in whatever business you are doing within such a location.

Now considering the main location as you're talking about , I will put so many things like you said into consideration but the most important thing is really the the environment because that can sometimes be dangerous and no one will wants to associate or live in an environment that is filled with criminals .

I may not really care about pets because after all what will I use it to do, even if I need to have a pets it will definitely be in my own house and not really when I am renting someone's house to leave .

Shigobad2020

There are many things you need to pay attention to when renting a home , most especially the house where your landlord will be staying with you , it might either be a flat or an estate , you need first do a reserch to know the actual types of people living in that house to know if their behaviour can be accommodated by you , there are some tenents that prefer staying in a quite environment while prefer playing high sound of music from morning till night which means they are not compatible .

Secondly you need to check if theres enough space in the house environment for parking space and for your family to play.
And you also need to know about the payment charges , form the monthly electricity bills , night guard bills, water bills and other bills that might inconvenient you as a tenant, and you might have a pet while the landlord don't like pets.