Diseases of the Lower Respiratory Tract

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
BRONCHITIS
ACUTE BRONCHITIS

This is a common condition often initiated by a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract with secondary bacterial infection such as Haemophilus influenzas or hemolytic streptocci. It is commoner in the winter months and particularly in the elderly,the frail or in those with a chronic chest disorder.
Bronchitis often occurs in children with infectious fevers especially measles,influenza and whooping - cough.

SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS
(1). there are the symptoms of a mild fever such as malaise,headache and loss of appetite.

(2) A cough is an early symptom and is associated with a moderate amount of mucoid or purulent sputum.

(3) There may be soreness or pain beneath the sternum caused by an accompanying inflammation of the trachea.

(4). The respirations are usually a little fast and somewhat laboured,but except in serious cases there is no severe dyspnoea or cyanosis.

(5). When the chest is examined, alterations in the normal breath sounds are heard which enable the doctor yo diagnose the condition.

CAURSE
The disease usually subsides fairly rapidly in a few days with proper treatment, and is serious only in young children and elderly people where the inflammation may spread and cauae a bronchitis may, howevwr ,give rise to chronic bronchitis with much more serious consequences.

TREATMENT OF ACUTE BRONCHITIS
The patient is to put to bed and kept warm in a well-ventilated atmosphere. Light diet is given with plenty of drinks. Aspirin will probably be found useful. And on this treatment most cases will subside rapidly.
Expectorants,i.e. drugs to increase increas expectoration of sputum ,may be ordered, especially if the sputum is thick and difficult to bring up.

This are the causes,symptoms and the treatment of lower respiratory tract.

I felt relieved when I read it is curable. To be honest, I do hope we can just preventing these diseases instead of curing them. Though disease may be unavoidable since the bacterial and fungi and other vectors are more than the people, still we can still prevent them by maintaining good health cultures.

Mild bronchitis is very common and some people might get a single or few episodes of it and then recover from it for good. Chronic and severe bronchitis can be real troublesome. Lifestyle changes and all that one can do to boost up immunity helps a lot. Exercises and breathing exercises that help build lung capacity are good to prevent bronchitis.

In this pandemic period it is scary to have a cough or a cold. We know that the common colds is natural especially during the winter and the rainy season in tropical countries. But since the cough is also a symptom of covid so you should not go out when you have a cough so that people will not suspect you of spreading covid.