Can Soup Help To Combat The Symptoms Of Common Cold?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Winter season is one of those seasons that many people enjoy. However, there are many people who fall ill when this season arrive. Many people usually get infected with the common cold virus. There are many viruses such as Rhinovirus or Covid-19 virus that might cause common cold or similar kind of symptoms in the body. There are some studies that have suggested that heat or high temperatures could actually be effective against common cold viruses and Covid-19 viruses and many different strains of such kind of pathogens that cause flu, covid-19 infection , and common cold.

One of the best and traditional way to get rid of common cold is by consuming more and more soup. This is what I have been doing right now. Recently, I discussed this issue with my tenant and he suggested me to avoid soup with a lots of corn flour. Instead of that, he suggested me to drink "Yakhnee". Yakhnee is a soup that is usually consumed in Pakistan. It is made of Broth and chicken bones. It is considered very effective against common cold and it is usually consumed a lot during winter season. What soup do you think can actually improve the health and help us to fight common cold? Any ordinary soup with corn flour or Broth/Yakhni?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our culture the chicken soup is still regarded as one of the best treatment for the common cold. But I really don't believe on the efficacy of the soup although I agree that soup gives relief due to the heat that it gives the body. Sipping the hot chicken soup would make you sweat and that would give a feeling that you are getting better. However, if the virus is still producing in your body then you have to endure the life of the cold virus. We always have a pack of instant porridge (it is actually not instant because cooking time is 10 minutes) which is also good for one who has the common cold. Eaten with boiled egg, the porridge has a lot of substance for the body and the hot porridge will also make you sweat.

E

eldavis

You mean spicy hot soup right? Or any kind of soup? What I do know of spicy soups or like we would prefer here, pepper soup can be pretty effective most times for cold, especially when it's hot. It also helps a person having malaria and over here, it's more like a tradition be where a mother who just gave birth eats only pepper soup to heal her heal faster.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Sometimes prevention is always better than cure and the best thing we have to do is to try as much as possible to prevent it from happening to us in first place . If we are able to prevent it obviously we can be able to avoid it at all costs . When winter approaches the most important thing is that we should always stay indoor as much as we can and also try to cover the body in a warming coat and sometimes wearing of face masks may absolutely be necessary as this will prevent direct in breathing of cold Air.

If By any reasons we are infected by cold or flu the most important thing is just to get in touch with the doctor to administer some sort of antibacterial drugs that can eliminate the bacterial infection in our body .

If this is not as a result of bacterial infection then the best thing we have to do is to cover ourselves with warning coat as this can really prevent us from getting direct exposure to cold which is bads to our body system.

Taking of hot tea always might really help but not too hot as it may also be dangerous..