Is it good to use groundnut to cook soup?

Ganibade

Verified member
Groundnut is very good to be used as soup. It is very good proteinous food. Groundnut is a plant that grow its seed underground the soil. It can be used as a delicacy by some people as spices to eat. When you ground your groundnut very well and mixed with a spices or Pepper together are add palm oil and let it cook very well for some minute, it is very good soup.
This food is very common among Ibo people in my country that is south East people of my country. This soup serve as medicinal for those who have lack of vitamins and also body infections to recover on time

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I don't really know about it Sha , scientifically it has not been proven to be a dangerous combination in the body even though I have not read about it before. You can try researching to understand . Sometimes in the past this is what we always do most especially when we were still children and our parents will be cooking soup with groundnut for us but ever since I grew up to this stage I have never seen them doing it again and even if they do I won't likely have the interest to consume it

All these things to me is not really necessary anymore and I may not likely have interest in this as we used to eat when we were children because I do not really see the need for people to spend so much of their time trying to prepare such an irritating foods combination .

It is still rampant to some people just like you have said especially in the Igbo community of Nigeria but over here we tried copying it from them but people do not really have the natural interest to cook Such types of food here anymore as I see ..

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I don't really know about it Sha , scientifically it has not been proven to be a dangerous combination in the body even though I have not read about it before. You can try researching to understand . Sometimes in the past this is what we always do most especially when we were still children and our parents will be cooking soup with groundnut for us but ever since I grew up to this stage I have never seen them doing it again and even if they do I won't likely have the interest to consume it

All these things to me is not really necessary anymore and I may not likely have interest in this as we used to eat when we were children because I do not really see the need for people to spend so much of their time trying to prepare such an irritating foods combination .

It is still rampant to some people just like you have said especially in the Igbo community of Nigeria but over here we tried copying it from them but people do not really have the natural interest to cook Such types of food here anymore as I see ..