Can i still work as a full time preacher?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Preacher are people who have decided to work for God and do the his will, in the society sometimes people don't regards them as been capable of taking care of their financial needs because they have to depend strongly on their followers or congregation for help and financial support mostly when one is working as a full time preacher.

The full time preacher struggles alot to survive mostly when he she is not entailed to payments or salary, then it becomes very tough. Now there are some people that has a full time calling from God to steward the people while there are other who do it as a part time job.

How will a full-time preacher survive without having another business attached looking at the current economic situation in Nigeria today.

I need your feedbacks.

E

eldavis

This is a very tricky question. One thing I know for sure is that God is not an author of confusion, if he really calls someone to be a full time minister, then he would also make a way for his servant. Look at Elijah for instance, God called him and he made ways for him as well. As long as your hope is on God he would be the one to touch the hearts of people to give r you. Apostle Paul said it, I can't really remember the bible verse but he said he gives spiritual things to the people (prayers) while the people in return give back to him physical things ( money) you can also invest on things online. Looking at it physically, you can also invest online, there are so many things you can do online to still make money for yourself especially in this our present generation it would not affect you working for God full time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't think this is even the best approach now because if you are working full-time as a preacher you may start preaching things just to attract money instead of you to really preach what is really necessary for repentance, I always advise that every pastors should have something to do because this will really help them to focus on the church and preach the truth than to depend on Church for everything.. when you depend on Church for your feeding you may start preaching things that will attract money instead of attracting repentance and blessings of God... Except you know that you will Always defend the truth.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think you can work and earn as a full time preacher. But let me ask you a question if you actually want to make money, why should you choose to become a preacher, use God for your self interest, sell God to make money. Why not choose a career where you do not have to bring down God and tell people to donate money in the name of God. Believe in yourself and work for a proper job. Become a preacher only when you are self less and you don't do it for money but for purely divine's work.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Religion is a business, God is a product available for sale. So, you can make a lot of money as a preacher, or perhaps you can even become one of the richest men in your country because you can collect donations yet you do not have to pay tax, you can open a business, yet you do not have to pay tax in your business. This is highly lucrative profession in any part of the globe.