How to Start a Business When You are Still Working Full Time Job

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Starting a business, especially when you're still working full-time, can be hard. You probably have all these ideas and dreams, but you don't know where to start. The good news is that there are steps you can take to make it easier.

First of all, don't quit your day job right away. It's usually a better idea to keep the day job until your business is up and running and bringing in steady income. This provides financial stability while you get started, and it gives you time to make sure your business can survive on its own before you jump in headfirst.

Next, find a mentor who has experience in your field or area of expertise and ask them for advice. Whether they are someone you know personally or just someone whose work you admire, see if they are willing to share their knowledge with you. Mentors can provide valuable guidance as you navigate the world of entrepreneurship. You may also want to consider joining a local business group or networking organization so that you can meet people who have similar interests and goals as yourself. This will allow them to share resources such as office space, equipment rentals, interns or employees - anything which will help them grow their businesses faster than if they were going at it alone.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Starting an offline business while you are still working offline may not really be the best especially if you are interested to start up an offline business again.

Offline business will definitely need a lot of your time but if you are to work offline and still have an offline business then you must be ready to employ someone to help you in your business , Or you quit one and focus on the other one if you are to take responsibility of your business alone.

To me , the best thing I will just do is to look for a way to establish an online business , an online business is the type of business I can do on my spare time . If I can be able to start up an online business I won't really have any problem at least I can organise my time to work on what time that suits me.

For now I am still a student to be , so I may not even have the time to engage in any offline business , I will even look for opportunity to engage in online business full time so as to have enough time to attend to my academic need.

anil02

Verified member
If some one doing job in private sector than it is not easy for any one to spare time for business, because in these day private sector have too much competiton. If some one doing government jab and working for fixed hour than they can start some home based small business. They can do it online offline or both. If some one is perfect in making any dishes they can do this business at weekend. They also can do more home based business like making candles. scent sticks, painting and much more thing

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It may be somehow difficult to combine business with working offline, especially full time job. But it can be possible if there are proper usage of time. This will make it easier for the entrepreneur to balance the two tasks. But to make sure we don't lose out with the two, it will be better to have established much before deciding to focus on the business part. This is because business, at some point will require full attention.

We need to be ready to take full responsibility to get the required results.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well it's true Planning and prioritizing tasks can help in better time management and strike a balance between the two. Also dedicating full attention to one may lead to success in that particular area, especially when it comes to business. It is important to weigh the options before making a decision.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
An offline business with an offline job looks like something that would almost end up being calamitous in the long run as one of them is bound to suffer. It can only work if you have a sufficient support system that can help you manage the business while you only provide funds for the business.

Apart from that, you would find a business that you would be doing part time when you close from work. That may not be ideal but manageable.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
As individuals who want to leave a good and fulfill life we are always advised never to put out our egg into one basket. That obviously means that we should not put all our hope into the particular job that we are currently occupying because paraventure we might lose it and go back to being broke and poor, however establishing a business coupled with your job can be a good financial move. This kind of practice is mostly undertaken by individuals who are close to their retirement days or who are about to retire from their various White collar jobs.

Establishing a business despite having a job can only be done through effective planning and you do not necessarily need to be the manager of such business as you can employ another to stand in place of you, however this individual must be a person you can trust.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have actually tried to balance a job and a business and I had to resign from the job in the long run because it led to a lot of burn outs and the business was not doing well because if divided attention. It is not easy and it is not impossible too. It is just that it would stress you out and you might end up not having a social life because of that. Maybe, if you are doing an agro based business, it might tend to be a little bit easier.

Axis

Banned
Starting a business while having a job is obviously a good business idea and this is obviously one of the intention of individuals looking forward to having a better retirement days. First and for most you would need to plan on the kind of business that you want to establish are you must make sure that it is a business that does not inconvenience your job or career. In this case you do not necessarily need to be the business manager to manage an administrate the business but all you have to be is to be the business sponsor in terms of issuing funds and financial assistance.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you already have a day job you only have a couple of hours of free time, mostly in the evening. Therefore, you might not have enough time to work in the weekdays. However, you will have a lot of time to work in the weekends. You will have to look for business ideas that do not require a lot of time to run, especially during your initial days. Having a jib also means you already have some knowledge skills and also money, so it will be little easy for you.

Phantasm

Banned
Working full-time and starting a business in the same period requires planning, time management, and dedication. In order to make it work, you need to clarify your idea, write a business plan, set achievable goals for yourself, manage your time effectively, use your spare moments wisely and have people around who can give advice or feedback when necessary. People can also join networks meant for startups.

Decide which tasks you should outsource or delegate so as to create more space for yourself. Strive to keep a balance between work and personal life; take care of self first. Employees should be open about their employer’s activities with respect to the company. Plan an exit strategy from your full-time job as the firm grows. Launching a new venture during one’s usual employment entails being disciplined, resilient and persevering.