Be Careful When Make Money Online

Suba

Staff member
This is my experience a year ago on another forum, at that time I replied (comments) about a new project on Coinbase wallet, but he replied to me via pm, then we communicate via whatsapp, he promises big profit if I follow in his footsteps, he convinced me with payment proof screenshot, big profit in his Coinbase wallet. But I replied that I didn't find the new project feature, maybe Coinbase didn't launch the new project feature in my country. In short, he finally asked me to join his project by sending him $100 in Ether. On the advice of some friends, I better not send the money, and don't reply to his chat. and a few months ago his whatsapp number has been deleted so there is no picture. and I looked for his username on that forum but I can't find his username, maybe it has been deleted too. I share this experience, because I don't want any Trendri forum members to be caught in the tricks of scammers. Therefore, don't easily believe in big profits, especially if they invite PM, which other members don't know about. (although not all pm is a scam).

In the midst of majority of legit and paying website in the internet , they are in existence majority of scam and fraudulent websites that has scamming and fraudulence in nature , disguised with the purpose to pay it users real cash and money but after they have finished investing their time , money , energy , and knowledge on the website they all of a sudden scam their users and members . That is why every online hustler using the internet as a means of earning money online must be careful . online money making is a wild thing to do . But although , it is highly paying a lot of people have refused to develop knowledge about making money online so as to shield themselves from online scammers and fraudsters .

It is understandable why people choose to earn money through offline mediums rather than online . But one thing we must not fail to understand is that technology is slowly taking over the business and financial industry and we do not want to left behind rather we want to follow the multitude to do the most positive financial things which include using our phones and other electronic gadgets to make money online . Another thing we must have in mind is that online investment have the capability to pay more higher than offline investment and business .

Thank you so much for sharing it is absolutely necessary for us to be careful about most of this platform and so many people we met online because some of them are real scammers . They are not there to help us in any way , they are just interested on how to scam us of the little money we have which is not always the best option.

Personally in anything I do online I am always so sceptical about certain people I deal with because most people are not coming out way to help us but they are just interesting and they are just coming for their own selfish interest.

There is one rule that have been guiding me in the online space and the rule is that when things are too good then I have to be careful on Such thing because these are the tricks scammers are using to moneyscam the innocent people.

And lastly I do not send out my to anyone that promise to help me do anything because that is against my role in The online space based on my past experience.
I consider people that ask me to send money to be scammers that is why I don't do it.

There is no one that aims at making money online that's not prone to being duped. In fact, only few people will escape not being banned. Personally I was duped when I wanted to make money on ponzi crime. Ever since then, I have been careful of how not to be earned. Below are my ways of preventing being duped online.

I always being careful of what I call fake promises. Most websites will always promise what they cannot offer. Most gullible people always fall for these fake promises. Not only gullible but the greedy people are always fall victims for this fake promise.

Apart from this, there is need for more researches before we delve into any website. Most people don't do much researches before they join a website. They do it just because they are carried away with the money they may want to get from the website . Most time, they are always victims of fake website.

And lastly, some people do fall for fake websites because most of them do believe they can outsmart the websites. I do see some people that always try to cheat ponzi websites. They always aim at making sure that they will join ponsi scheme earlier with the aim that they would have made much money before the website collapses.

In my two years of online working experience, I have worked on a lot of sites however, I do not have any experience of the websites that scammed me. I do a lot of research before joining a site and I join a site only when I find it legit and paying. I have never joined any site just because someone I mate on some site told me that he earns well and shows me payment proof. I always do my own research and never rush to grab any opportunities. I know many people get scammed and lose their hard earned money because they want to take a short cut to become rich and earn a lot of money in no time. They want to travel a short road to financial freedon. One of the reasons why people still invest in ponzi schemes is because they are greedy and want to become super rich in no time. Well, some people manage to become successful in short time even when they are working in genuune sites, not talking short cut but for most of us, we need to work hard for long time to become financially free.

Such a bad experience but sooner or later, the culprits would be caught. Because of some bad eggs, some forums remove the conversation tab where you can communicate privately with another user but this might not be the solution because me, I like the availability of the conversation profile tab because you can make new friends and also share new ideas. There are many fraudsters and they find any and every little opportunity to explore their greed. They tend to forget that every other person is also looking for ways to make money and I cannot imagine how you would feel stealing in a broad daylight for something someone else had worked so hard for.

This was my case three years ago when I was busy investing in different Ponzi schemes and hyips sites, until I decided to quit and never to invest although I still fell victim in 2020 when I was sweet mouthed on favorable terms by a working partner, just so I could invest in crypto. One needs to be on the watch out because you cannot even trust someone. All they are after is to satisfy their greediness and they can go to any length just to carry out their plans.

Thank you very much for sharing , this will really help so many people to really understand more about the type of online business they have chosen to explore because most online business might be as simple as a lot of people might consider , but the fact is that some of them are not really trusted and a lot of people behind most online business are not really interested in your earning, but are just interested on how they can get the little amount of money you have.

They will always try to Lure you with things that are always too good to be true.

For me , I am always so sceptical about most of these platform or any others that will ask that I invest my money because from my past experience so many of them that will ask you to invest some money are not always trusted , so I don't even consider to make money with it.

It is very important for us to be careful because without proper carefulness , you could be a victim of scam which is not always the interest of so many people.

We just have to try as much as possible to avoid most of these platform that asked us to invest.

I have been scammed online but not in the way like the OP is talking. A certain person offered me a job via social media. Back then I was very new to this whole concept of working online. When I delivered the work and asked for payment, the client vanished. I learned a lesson. Next time when I received a job offer, I asked to pay in advance. The client sent me 50 percent payment, however, this client vanished with the remaining 50 percent payment after I delivered the work. I was even scammed by a person who was hiring me regularly. He paid in full in the beginning and gained my trust. Then one day when he sent me job offer, I did not ask for advance payment as he was an old client who always paid me. However, this time he just vanished and I lost $200. Now, I have devised a plan where I don't get scammed. I ask advance payment, I do not work with people are unwilling to send advance payment. If the buyers are suspicious, I ask them to use escrow service to make the purchase. However, escrow has high processing fee, therefore, I use this service only for bigger payment.

You're right @Suba, we shouldn't be too quick falling for money making opportunities. I've gotten load of spam messages about that, even right on my WhatsApp account, I don't reply to such kind of information because they just want to take money away from me. What we should know is that, if someone is truly making money as they claim to be making, they would not come to us to share such a marvelous way of making money with any one. Instead, we'll be the ones to locate them, and it wouldn't be easy for us, because they wouldn't have such time to share with us. I don't believe in an expert coming to meet novices for a money making opportunities when he or she should've stick to it, go to YouTube and create a channel to help people, earn by educating them on how to earn. Then, put the description plain for anyone watching the video to understand clearly before going into it. Those who pushes you too hard to join an investment platform are mostly in for the money, immediately they make that money, they'll definitely run away without looking back, that's why I am very careful with some sort of investment.

There are many ways of making money both offline and online and it all has to do with the level of expertise we have. In affiliate marketing, if you decide to engage without professional marketing skills, you would be doing yourself a huge disfavor. The online ecosystem has high level of fraud and this has made some government authorities decide to place a ban on some sites like cryptocurrency trading is restricted in my country and if by chance, you get caught, you would be charged with criminal offense. Although this might not be the major reason of the government placing a ban, but it still has some droplets of the challenges of risks.

Prior to this time, so many people were unaware of the scam of Ponzi schemes and HYIP sites but recently, it is now becoming clearer and people are now able to decipher some scam sites, although the fraudsters still come up with different methods to exploit the vulnerable. At times, no matter how careful an individual tries to be, there are higher chances of falling prey. For instance, even with the proactive measures of the HYIP monitors, it is not 100% authentic and with this, it leads users to invest in the wrong domain.

It is absolutely true that we must be very careful before joining any website or invest your money in any site because most of the websites are scam,fake and fraudulent. They promise to pay you and convince you to join their website but at the end they give you nothing and your are left with empty handed. Don't waste your time and money in these kinds of website. In order to check the authenticity of the websites you must first check the reviews and comments about the website

As we know that everyone wants to earn money and for this some people choose the wrong way to earn money by deceiving the people and by playing with the people emotions. They are using different trick in order to catch the prey into their claws.Foe example they will send you attractive links and offers in order to attract the attention of the mambers,they will promise you to give a huge profit if you will work for them .So ,the things that you do in order to protect yourself from scammer are that just avoid them and don't trust or join any website easily without gaining proper knowledge and information about the website

Last edited:
This is the reason why it is very important to always do due diligence in everything you do including making money online. One can never be too careful because it is very hard to make money these days.

People are on the High road just to scam other people of their hard earned money. they are ready to do everything that will make it appealing for people to fall into their scam.

It is also good to get rid of get-rich-quick scheme mindset. This kind of mindset can lead someone into scam.

Few days ago someone reported about his experience with an online scammer. The person saw an advert online in which huge amount of money is guaranteed with little or no work. The advert said someone only need to invest a little amount of money.

You didn't do any due diligence, he went ahead to deposit a huge amount of money into the money making scheme. After a while the website is no longer available and the person lose all his investment entirely.

The sad thing is that the entire money is for his school fee and house rent. He is in a tight situation to find a solution to the problem which he find himself due to greediness.

I have been working online for a long period of time now and there is nobody who had been working online that would not get scammed or have the experience of someone trying to scam him or her mine was a different complete storey I don't know why some people just like to scam their fellow citizen or even tribe.

It happened in February I was broke and I needed some money so I heard of a platform called gainvest which was paying at that time the registration fee was not much but I still didn't have the money I started looking for ways to raise money then I saw an advert on Facebook saying " if you have a Facebook account for sale dm" Immediately I remember I had a Facebook account which I have been using for years I decided to dm this guy and he told me he will pay me 5k for the account I was shocked ad the money was too much but then he told me to send the logins I begged hum not to scam me and he even swear he won't immediately he got the logins he changed the password and Email and blocked me without sending my Payment be vigilant guys

Scammers are so common in online earning platforms. It is so scary that they can even PM you to discuss such deals that look so great. It is best to be so careful not to fall for anyone who promises you really high returns online. They only end up scamming you of the money.

Whenever you come across a new earning method, don't give your full trust to it in the beginning. Just take your time first and study the site. Consider what they promise to return, how active the admin is and what others say concerning the site. These clues will give you a clear answer of whether the site is legit or not.

Then never trust anyone who does not sound convincing about the deals they are making with you. Maybe they are not showing you clearly how the desk works or are not giving proper details. When a deal is fishy, then most probably it is.

Then there are so many scammers and cons who will PM you in forums and social media sites. I once got a PM from a member in beermoney forum. He was borrowing money and promising to pay back. But we just met online, how do I know that he will really pay Me back? Maybe he had even borrowed from a hundred members in the forum.

I think by now people or users working online should know that any bogus earning opportunity with high profit should be disregarded or else you would get scammed. I think criminals are mostly very greedy people because they don't request for little money, maybe they live by the rule that what is worth doing is worth doing well. so if they want to scam they should scam big because I don't just get their stealing desires which can't never be small.

I was lure into the MMM bogus profit making that was trending in my country 2-3 years back but I halted such action when I realize that the idea was just like robbing peter to pay Paul. They will get from A to pay B. I knew instantly that it was going to fail sooner than the investors know. The whole idea isn't sustainable, you only sustain something that has a means of bringing in profit for distribution.

So for me I think also it is only greedy people that falls for some scams. Any venture or investment that the profit model is too good to be true one need to research when once you notice anything funny run from it.

It's really sad that you had to go through all that and thanks for sharing this experience with us because a lot of newbies will be needing this warning. I have been working online for quite some time now and I can say that I haven't been scammed off my money. Yes, I have worked on several sites that didn't worth my time and efforts and some had only the PayPal method of payment as their only payment option but I haven't really been duped of my hard earned money, maybe through making investments.
Personally, when it comes to investing in a site, I always try my best to be careful and observant and if am to be honest here, I would say that I haven't invested in any platform other than cryptocurrency since I started earning money online. So before you invest in a particular site, you should make sure you make the necessary research and read a lot of reviews about it and also be more careful about newly launched sites.