Avoid risks in investment schemes

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are so many scams around. Last night in the news is the woman who duped an investor. The investor got hooked with the promise of 30% interest to be paid every month. After receiving the first payment the investor got greedy so she borrowed money that her investment amounted to a total of $80,000. Fortunately for the investor, the scammer was apprehended and is now in jail.

When you get interested in an investment offer be sure to verify the person or the company. Take note that online investments cannot be verified and the only link you have is the website. That is very risky to me. With offline investments you can verify with the government agency if the company is legitimate. Never release your money if you do not have a guarantee that the investment company is for real. Just remember that when the promised earnings is too good to be true then expect the scheme to be a scam.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The last time I fell for trap of Ponzi schemes and other related online scam was in 2017. I Invested money and never withdraw a dime and also wasted a lot of time doing what I consider as rubbish. Since then, I have been very careful and can easily identify Ponzi schemes.

IamDozzy

My heart goes out to the woman that duped. Every investment is a risk and the onus is on us to do our due diligence before investing in an investment scheme. A lot of us are usually driven by our greed during investments and this greed prevents us from seeing the red flags before investing. Once we are able to contain our greed, then getting scammed would be a thing of the past. Any investment that is too profitable to be true should he be avoided.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't even have time to invest in any other thing about from cryptocurrency and that is the only investment I know but any investment that is controlled by any human being that promise to return hundred percent of what I invested within one month is something I will never consider doing

Briangsam

In any business or investment scheme, it is important to reduce risks in order to make profits and stay in business. You can reduce your investment risk by weeding out stocks with high Pricing/Earning ratios, unstable management and inconsistent earnings and sales growth. Diversify your investment portfolio across investment product types and economic sectors. Diversification reduces your overall risk by spreading it over a variety of products.