Are you still investing all your money in one basket?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Are you still investing all your money in one basket? If so, it's time to diversify.
Diversification is a strategy that helps you manage risk by spreading your investments over multiple assets. By doing so, you can decrease the amount of money you lose if the value of one asset goes down. For example, if you invest in stocks and bonds but one of them decreases in value, it won't hurt as much because you have other investments that are doing well.

Diversification can also help protect your portfolio from unexpected events like natural disasters or economic downturns. If all of your money is invested in a single sector, like real estate, and an earthquake hits, then all of your money could be lost at once. But when you diversify across different industries, then even if one sector takes a hit, it will not affect everything else equally. And if something happens that negatively affects an entire industry (such as an economic downturn), then some other sectors might benefit from this change, which means there's still some way for your portfolio to grow.
This doesn't mean that you should put all of your hard-earned dollars into risky investments and hope for the best; instead diversify.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The fact is that majority of the online investment platforms are not that reliable and this leaves us with very limited options when it comes to investing money in online money making platforms. There are so many investment platforms out there that might pay you for sometime and then vanish with your money. This has also happened in the past when I invested my money in different investment platforms and I was left with disappointment in the end when those online investment platforms became scam. Right now, I only know of very few online investment sites that could be labelled as reliable platforms.

However, the risk is always there. It all depends on how faithful the investment platform owners are. So, since the investment opportunities are pretty much limited, it leave us with no other option but to invest our funds in one or a couple of investment programs. This is also a main reason why so many people are investing money in one site. People usually risk losing their funds when they invest money in pyramid schemes and this is what I did. I was new to the online world and I never realised that many online investment schemes are pyramid schemes that can crash anytime.