General insurance Are You a Farmer? Get Agriculture Insurance!

Mika

VIP Contributor
These days, insurance can cover almost anything, including your farm produce, you can insure your crop as well as cattle or any other farm animal. Before I divulge what is agriculture insurance, I will explain why you need agriculture insurance.

You invested $1000 to farm watermelon but there was a massive flood and all of your watermelon plants were destroyed. If you had insured your crop, you could have get converge for your investment.

You have a chicken coup but due to some unknown disease, all of your chickens died. Insurance would help you recover your loss.

Agriculture insurance is an insurance policy that will cover the loss and damages in the agriculture sector. In order to get agriculture insurance first of all the potential value of your crop or cattle is determined and you have to pay the premium for the potential value.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think agricultural insurance is another intiative , most farmers are usual faced with unexpected crop damage and pest attacking their crops , having a agricultural insurance is another optimism that could help cover the risk involved in a very fast way , so that the person would not find it hard in settling things

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is always good to have a support somewhere were you can depend on in case of eventualities. The thing with life is that nothing is certain as such you might not want to run any thing without a sort of coverage. I hope farmers get to know about this and take advantage too

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are a farmer, you will definitely benefit from agriculture insurance as you can use this insurance scheme to insure your crop s well as cattle. Farming comes with great risk as it is heavily dependent on nature (excessive rain, hailstone, etc can destroy your crop). agriculture insurance helps to recover the losses.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Although this is my first time I am hearing about agriculture insurance, but what I want to add is the fact that agriculture insurance has some policy under it and if you don’t go through the policy and understand it totally, you might end up choosing the wrong agriculture insurance policy for your farming business

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Thank you for the explanation given. It is a very good thing to insured farm so that at any incident the insurance will be able to come to the rescue of the insured.
In a country like my country one need to insure its farm because ;some time when cow eat up somebody's farm product then insurance company can help the person.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think this type of insurance policy is mostly needed by Nigerian farmers because of all these terrorists called herdsmen. Generally, I believe this kind of insurance should be bought by every farmer, not because you wishing yourself a bad luck in your farming business but because no one knows who the next loss is approaching

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Agricultural insurance will be very good for most of the farmers in my country as they are having problems with herdsmen. It can be very hard for them to engage in this type of insurance as majority of them are engaging subsistence family. They go into farming just to provide food for their family only.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only bad thing about insurance is that it is not all insurance companies that do allow all these type of insurance. But in a case where it is allowed, it is a sure way of protecting farmers against any risk that may happen on their farm and thus may even allow people to go into farming.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have not heard of the agricultural insurance here. But I guess that is not practical here because of the ingenuity of Filipinos. If the farmer can earn more from the insurance than from the harvest then they can make the harvest devastated by their own means. It is not the weather but it can be a wild animal that foraged the crops or maybe a pestilence by insects. Pardon me for this negative opinion.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am not a farmer, but I believe just like businessmen farmers also need to insure their produce and livestock. Insuring crops and livestock will compensate the financial loss if crops and animals are destroyed by unnatural weather or disease. Agriculture insurance can be done by small farmers as well as industrial farmers.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Agricultural insurance is very important for people who are into agriculture. It can actually go a very long way to cover them in so many aspects ranging from crops to financial help. Sometimes farmers lose their crops to insects and I think in such cases insurance companies can get them covered in order to reduce their losses.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Agriculture insurance is basically two types, one crop insurance, two, farm animal insurance. Crop insurance will provide coverage to your crop and you can claim insurance if your crop is damaged by natural calamities, pests, etc. However, if your harvest is not damaged, you cannot claim and your premium will be gone