Can a student can also be a Farmer?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Personally I believe that as a student that I am and some people on this forum should be also, life shouldn't be about living porsch, doing your 4 or 5 years course to be waiting for a white collar job that you might never get... I believe in the power of exploration in business and investment and that is the reason I'm creating this thread and also a poll about your opinion about farming as a student. With just 2 million Nigeria money you can establish yourself as a Farmer and this money will pay for land, capital and labor for a starter. Though there are other investment that pays but farming is one of the few that can never run down. Most public universities here in Nigeria are located at developing part of their host state in quest that the University will urbanised the area,hence, this make land very cheap as most of the locals of the town are majorly farmers. And getting labor can be very cheap all thank to the exploitation of the locals that will be willing to help you with the exchange of little amount. This will give you time to study and still be a Farmer. So do you think that irrespective of your course you can be a Farmer and a student at the same time. Kindly tell us your reasons after your vote.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yes of course. There are university courses on agriculture and even branches of agriculture. The only thing that's stopping students from investing fully into agriculture is the fact that it is not recieving enough attention from the government. Government doesn't even encourage the youth to go into framing. Assuming government gives out machines at subsided rate, youth will go into mechanized farming which reduce the dirtness. And if government buys these produce from the students, it will help in a long way to reduce the lzck of interest of youth in agriculture.

D

Deleted member 27583

Yes it is possible
Personally I believe that as a student that I am and some people on this forum should be also, life shouldn't be about living porsch, doing your 4 or 5 years course to be waiting for a white collar job that you might never get... I believe in the power of exploration in business and investment and that is the reason I'm creating this thread and also a poll about your opinion about farming as a student. With just 2 million Nigeria money you can establish yourself as a Farmer and this money will pay for land, capital and labor for a starter. Though there are other investment that pays but farming is one of the few that can never run down. Most public universities here in Nigeria are located at developing part of their host state in quest that the University will urbanised the area,hence, this make land very cheap as most of the locals of the town are majorly farmers. And getting labor can be very cheap all thank to the exploitation of the locals that will be willing to help you with the exchange of little amount. This will give you time to study and still be a Farmer. So do you think that irrespective of your course you can be a Farmer and a student at the same time. Kindly tell us your reasons after your vote.
Yes it is possible,because we have heard about some student who do farming to go to school,when they come back from school they go into there farm to also work on...

And at the end they cultivate their farm and harvest there crops and get it sold,so it is possible to do the two,if that's what you have been doing for a very long time..

But if you are not into it before,it won't be as easy as it s for a person that have been into farming since he or she was born into farming... Although if you are so much interested in doing the two but you are not well familiar with farming before .
I think you should go out there and meet famers to teach you how to do farming as well,so with that you can do the two together without no problem..

Hina

Yes its true. Students who study agriculture in the pakistan will have a distinct advantage over students who study agriculture elsewhere. The pakistan is a world leader in agricultural science and serves as an important role model for countries around the world seeking to address global food challenges. The pakistan utilizes some of the most advanced agricultural technology in the world, and students who study here have the opportunity to work with and learn from this technology. This is particularly valuable for students whose home countries suffer from hunger issues, as these students can bring what they learn in the pakistan back to their home town and use it to teach alternative ways to grow crops and teach children about food consumption. as there is a shortage of well-trained professionals in the agricultural field.

IamDozzy

It is very much possible, in my school, agricultural students are assigned farms in which there are to use to practicalise modern farming techniques they are taught in class. As a student you can engage in whatever business or activities you want to engage in and that includes farming. The basic soft skill you need is Time management. You need to prioritize your activities and know when to engage in one activity or the other. There should be a designated time on which you are to go for lectures and read and there should be a time to go to your farm and inspect either your crops or your farm animals. Farming can be fun as a student if you really love what you are doing.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
As a student, I do not think it would be easy to combine my studies with farming, that is going to be a very hectic thing and also demanding. Another issue that would make it really difficult for me is the fact that my school is located in an insecure part of the country where even residents do not have the courage to farm, since they are afraid of getting attacked by terrorists in their farmlands. So it's impossible for me.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
As a student, I do not think it would be easy to combine my studies with farming, that is going to be a very hectic thing and also demanding. Another issue that would make it really difficult for me is the fact that my school is located in an insecure part of the country where even residents do not have the courage to farm, since they are afraid of getting attacked by terrorists in their farmlands. So it's impossible for me.
Time management is the key.... Normally it's no joke to know that it's not gonna be easy to combine both school and farming together but if you perhaps get to hit a big money like that 2million you won't need to be bothered about doing the work yourself as the starting capital with cover the labor expenses... But unfortunately now farming is literally meaning insecurity for us.... People getting attacked at their farmland and being kill, farm land set on fire or destroyed by herdsmen, government not giving enough farmers loans and when they give interest are too much.... All this make one uninterested in farming but if you ever have the opportunity to invest... Farming will be good.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes of cause, in fact when I was in school I made use of the money gotten from selling my farm produced to sponsored my self.
And it really helped me when I wanted to write my project in school. Its help you to be independent,that is you will not be asking your parent for money all the time.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Time management is the key.... Normally it's no joke to know that it's not gonna be easy to combine both school and farming together but if you perhaps get to hit a big money like that 2million you won't need to be bothered about doing the work yourself as the starting capital with cover the labor expenses... But unfortunately now farming is literally meaning insecurity for us.... People getting attacked at their farmland and being kill, farm land set on fire or destroyed by herdsmen, government not giving enough farmers loans and when they give interest are too much.... All this make one uninterested in farming but if you ever have the opportunity to invest... Farming will be good.
Sure, I now understand you. When the student in question already has money, it would be very easy to combine farming and his studies since he has people on ground to pay that would do the work for him. Someone I know is a law student but he still has people rearing his cows, that is much money and it does not involve him directly since he pays others to do the work.

Georgeadawara

You can be a student and also be a farmer I myself am a student but the only source of income that is have is farming. Am in my final year now and is by the help of farming that I can be enable to pay my school fees and buy some studying materials to myself. At anytime I have a break in quickly go back to farm and do as small as I can and today am proudly saying that it by the help of farming that very soon I will be done with my degree program.