3 Herbal Remedies to Cure Depression

raaman

Valued Contributor
Here are three herbal remedies in Ayurveda that can help cure depression.
1. Brahmi:

Brahmi works to reduce the hormone cortisol that causes stress. It is also well known for taking immediate action on the effects of stress. Brahmi helps in keeping the mind calm and increases concentration.

2. Bhringraj:

Bhringraj works to give continuous energy to the brain. It maintains the blood flow to the brain. It keeps the mind calm, and brings great relief to the whole body as well.

3. Jatamasi:

Jatamasi is very popular as an anti-stress herb in Ayurveda. To remove the tension, the root of the herb is used as a medicine. These roots make our brains and bodies free from toxins and help a lot in keeping the brain function well.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This is a good list but I don't think I can find any of this or plant is in our surrounding area here in Africa. I read it somewhere else that it is good for someone to eat garlic as it can help to cure depression too. I think someone who is experiencing depression will need the service of an expert in overcoming this problem.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is a good list but I don't think I can find any of this or plant is in our surrounding area here in Africa. I read it somewhere else that it is good for someone to eat garlic as it can help to cure depression too. I think someone who is experiencing depression will need the service of an expert in overcoming this problem.
Well some of them can actually be in Africa but just that we have not make the best exploration of African continent to know if they actually exists or not,these plants may actually be available but some of us do not know it, that is why we cannot make use of it over here. I believe that they are there but we do not know.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think Asia is blessed with any kind of leaves for the treatment of any disease. I don't think I have heard of any of the leaves mentioned above. But there are some native remedies for depression in my hike country as well. But most time, depression is a function of the mind.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat you really get what I'm saying the route of the depression often linked to the mind. a person usually experience depression when they are been overwhelmed with the negative experience they are having at the present moment. taking herbs can only buy tickets depression for a while only for it to spring up later.