How to start up a business for herbal products

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been using an herb that is very effective against kidney stones. The personal testing was done since 2006 until now that I guarantee the efficacy of the herb. Some leaves are boiled in water and to drink half a glass every other day. The herb is a fast-growing plant that is easy to grow and quick to multiply. If I can make it into a business then I would probably have many clients because kidney stone is prevalent in our country.

The problem now is how to make it a business. First, I need a doctor who can attest to the safety of the product. Most likely to make t=the doctor agree to the certification is to make him a partner. Next is to file an application with the Food and Drug Authority for approval of selling the herb as a supplement. I have studied the procedure already because selling herbal product by online is easy. But with the issues of approval what makes me hesitate is the difficulty of getting the approval. There are negative talks about it and I am afraid that it will give me stress just to submit and re-submit my application.

E

eldavis

You might not even need a doctor in most case, I have seen cases of people who have promote things like this without the help of a doctor, though the doctor would make things alot easier and faster though but you can also promote it by telling people about it. Get the word out there, in most cases you don't even have to tell them the herb is from you, tell someone else refer them to you are they are very effective. Cause sometimes when they know it's from you, they tend to loose seriousness.

D

Deleted member 28127

It is a complete medicine field at university for medication and helps with herbs and then you need to study to know the good and the bad effect for each herb for a long period of time.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
It is very dependent on the region and belief. In Ayurveda, treatment is done only with herbs, and it is not that Ayurveda does not know about them.

If Ayurveda is recognized in your country, then show it to Ayurvedic doctors, they will buy it from you.

You did not put the image of that herb, if you put the image, then I should try to know whether it is already a valid medicine of Ayurveda or not?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Herbs is very effective and good because I have use it before now and its really work well for me too.
Though at times some thing like this doesn't require doctor doctor to support but if its get tested and is good then you can get it selling out. Sometimes if you want doctor to attest to it ; it may take long time because some doctor do not want such a thing to supersede their own profession.
Though some of this doctor do not use foreign drug but they rather preferred using Herbs because sometimes when you use foreign drug it may just subdue it for awhile and not permanently. But jb the case of herbdms it will cure it permanently if it is well use.

Caramelle

There are regulations and licensing requirements to ensure that herbal medicine will not bring harm to people who will take them. You have not stated how you plan to turn it into a business. Do you plan to sell the herb itself? From your story, it appears that anyone can plant it in which case why would they buy it from you? Do you plan to boil it and sell the juice in a bottle? Or do you intend to manufacture its extracts into tablets or capsules? Licensing authorities would usually take steps to ensure that the manufacturing process complies with minimum standards. Your facility should be free from possible contamination and will have to undergo inspection. You have not mentioned the name of the herb. I'm quite familiar with many types of herbs as I am also a believer in natural healing. I grew up in the countryside where people commonly rely on plants for remedies.​

Mellorando

Banned
Personally I believe that to start this type of business, the easiest and cheapest way is to purchase medicinal herbs through a wholesale distributor and then resell these herbs online. This kind of setup would require getting the proper licenses, a website, bulk herbs, and packaging material. A medicinal herbs business may involve the actual growing and selling of herbs used for medicinal use. A herbal product business solely depends on your product's quality, uniqueness, and where you choose to sell. Resellers who handle name-brand products can face stiff competition online which can drive down the prices customers will pay. Business owners with unique products have much more flexibility on setting their own prices.