Workspace of manager – room, cubicle or open space

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the olden days it was customary for an office, especially the big companies, to have a private room for the manager while the staff are in the open area including the assistant manager. The manager’s room is a symbol of authority and respect maybe because of the privacy that is accorded to the office manager.

20170822_014931 office table.jpg
But in this digital age I have noticed the changes. The staff have their own cubicles now and even the manager is relegated to a cubicle of his own. There is no more manager’s room in some big offices. Worse for some, there’s no more cubicle but just an open space with the neatly arranged tables including not only the assistant manager but also the manager. Maybe it is the effect of the pandemic era. What is your take on the manager’s work space now, which do you prefer among a room, a cubicle or simply just an open space? Maybe I would still choose the manager’s room because there are communications that should be treated as classified.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like you said, the managerial post is a symbol of authority that needs to be respected but I don't think the place they occupy should be a yardstick to respect them. There may be many factors which may necessitate the place they occupy. And in as much their functions and duties are not directly affected by the space they occupy, I don't see any reason why there should be too much worry on where their managers occupy.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Any thing call managerial is a key post in any company and for his/her office to be in an open space,cubicle etc depend on they type of work is handling.
If it is has to do with secrecy information then such a manager should either choose room or a cubicle in other for the files and other things to be more secured.