Working as caregiver

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the US there is a short course for caregivers that you have to attend and complete to get a certificate like a license. In our country, it is much the same. However, if you are a nursing graduate then you are exempted from the certification even if you have no license yet as a nurse. Caregiving is a good job because the pay is high and there are benefits like free medical insurance. Instead of doing lowly blue collar jobs try the caregiving as a career and you will not be wrong because caregiving has many categories – for the elders, the sick, persons with disabilities, mentally challenged etc.

Carson20t

I was looking on starting on something like that as am planning to relocate to some tier1 one country but finding contacts is really what has been hindered me to make steady and quick progress in this area of working.I would prefer Canada aS the the country of destination

The other advantage you have with a care giving job is that most hospices are really funded by alot of well wishers and organisations so from time to time some of the remaining hampers are distributed among employees hence making you cut down on toiletries and assorted household items exoences.That will make you save some money.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Looking at this world and the way it's been structured by God we can not survive alone we certainly need each other to survive in this world. That said, been a care giver shows how we must relate to one another. We must learn to help ourselves and been a care giver is very rewarding because it is life changing.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are not academically qualified, if you do not have any vocational skills, you can do menial jobs like working as a caregiver. Caregiver jobs is available in the developed countries especially for the people in the developing countries. If you are from South Asia, East Asia, you can go to the US, Canada to work as a caregiver.