Work smart not hard.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In today's world majority of us here have been advised to always work smart rather than working hard . Sometimes it is confusing to spot the difference from working smart and working hard , but the one thing we need to understand is that there is a key difference between them . Working hard simply means you two being hardworking and industrious in your business dealings and doings but working smart involves you using the mental faculties to easily bypass some of the pitfalls that would have exhibit negative repercussions in your business dealings and doings . for example the using of technology in business has enabled many business owners and business employees to work smart . The former ways of business records and documentation involve an individual to record business recordings and accounting figures using long books called journals , this is usually called a manual way of business data processing and the manual of business data processing involves the recording of data with the use of books and pencils or pen , and usually involve a whole lot of hardwork and industriousness , but yet still prone to inaccuracy and ineffectively .

But the use of technology in business have make business dealings and doings more faster and more smarter , business documents and accounting figures could be easily retrievable , recorded , and counted , and tabulated etc without stress .

SANIA

I totally agree with you. Working smart and hard both are important. In my opinion, you have to work hard in a smart way.
Like you can act smart to cut your time short of doing something. For example, previously I used to upload 5 designs on a site in 4 hours, but now I have an awesome tool with which I am able to upload 5 designs in 45 minutes so now I have two options either to enjoy the rest of 3 hours 25 minutes or I can utilize this time to upload even more designs on this site.
So now I stay in middle try to upload 20 designs on that site.
Which can give me more profit and there are now more chances of sales with such designs.
This is working hard in a smart way so you can easily utilize this time and effort in a more profitable way.
The use of technology has made it much easier for us now to done things more quickly in an easy way and it will become more easy with future technologies i hope.
The wise ones are those who keep themselves updated with the new advancements in technology so they can earn more money with less effort and with consuming less time.

E

eldavis

There have been lots of misconception about what it means to work smart and not hard. Most people today believe working smart means not working hard or putting in enough effort into what you do. The truth is that while working smart, you still have to put in your best effort and work hard, the difference is that while others use a method where they can produce 10 things in 5 hours, you should be creative in finding ways where you can produce 20 things within the same 5 hours or even lesser.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well for me I believe that both of them is absolutely necessary because you can't just work smart without applying a little form of hard work , hard work can be in the sense that you have to make sure you have everything you need and you try all possible means to raise money legally to start up the type of business you are interested .and in this case that is when you can start working smart because automatically you have what you need.

But a situation in which you are just sitting down and expecting to work Smart does not work because you have to apply both of them to achieve everything you need .

Someone who is not working or is not ready to take a risk and try all possible means to achieve what he or she needs may not likely achieve anything.

Also working hard alone will not be able to yield any results in making us a better person in the future , but you have to work with strategy in the sense that you have to analyse and know the type of business you are doing or jobs to know if the business will help you progress or it's something that can only help you be in where you are.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I stand for smart working , That can really help us to achieve a lot of thing and all this will involve knowing what is needed in the society we are living in and using it to generate the profit for our self.

A lot of people are working hard believing that they might likely be successful , well in most cases they may be successful , but nowadays because of so many inventions and technology , things are happening differently and is always better to apply a little form of smartness in to our hard-working. This is what will help you to achieve something reasonable .

I personally needs to work smart , it really pays nowadays than hard-working because I've seen so many people in similar situation that their smartness working has really help them to achieve so many things within a short period of time.

Even though everyone's future direction is quite different from one another but with the help of technology , it may be quite possible for us to really achieve something within a certain period and not really something you have to wait for ages.

Smartness really pays in terms of business and general success in life but I adding a little hard work is also necessary.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Sadly, so many of us have worked so hard, including me and not smart, more sadly so many are still guilty of this, the more reason they cannot progress in the nearest future.

Fir instance in business, when you work in a fast-paced business environment, it's important to be able to save time on the little things and time is precious. To help you do that, here are four handy tips for being efficient.

1) Use your calendar. Schedule every single thing that takes up your time, from meetings to coffee breaks. If it's on your calendar, you'll know how much time you have available to take care of the rest of your responsibilities. Also, if someone wants to book something into your calendar, they'll see exactly how busy you are—no one can say you haven't been clear about the fact that your schedule is full!

2) Take advantage of keyboard shortcuts. You don't need to memorize them all right away—just start with a couple and add them as they become second nature to you. Things like "control + z" and "control + c" can save you a lot of time (plus they keep your mouse hand where it needs to be).

3) Make sure all the programs on your computer are updated. Nothing slows productivity down more than having to sit around and wait for an update. As soon as one finishes installing, another one pops up! Keep things running smoothly by making sure everything is updated so nothing stops you.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is really important for sure to work smart rather than working hard. But it is so hard to know the difference between the two. I like your definition that working smart involves using your mental strategies to ensure that the work is easier and done with better quality. But working hard just means being so industrious without strategies that ensure quality work.

Business people should learn to differentiate between the two so that their efforts can be well directed and they can have better results from their efforts. Working hard in business means that they will be spending so many hours in the business and having less time to rest.

But working smart means that they will just set aside hours for business and other hours to rest. People who run their business smartly also have days when they just take an off and relax with family and friends. They can hire people who are competent enough to run the business while on their off.

Running a business smartly also means adopting technology which makes work so much easier. Unlike having to depend on analog and manual methods which are so slow. Companies which have adopted technology and have an online presence are more productive these days.

E

eldavis

It is really important for sure to work smart rather than working hard. But it is so hard to know the difference between the two. I like your definition that working smart involves using your mental strategies to ensure that the work is easier and done with better quality. But working hard just means being so industrious without strategies that ensure quality work.

Business people should learn to differentiate between the two so that their efforts can be well directed and they can have better results from their efforts. Working hard in business means that they will be spending so many hours in the business and having less time to rest.

But working smart means that they will just set aside hours for business and other hours to rest. People who run their business smartly also have days when they just take an off and relax with family and friends. They can hire people who are competent enough to run the business while on their off.

Running a business smartly also means adopting technology which makes work so much easier. Unlike having to depend on analog and manual methods which are so slow. Companies which have adopted technology and have an online presence are more productive these days.
You have a point there, technology has made our jobs alot easier, with just a click of a single button, you can easily share your business to thousands of persons around the world. With technology, production time has increased drastically.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
To be very sincere I totally agree with you in the area where you made mention that it is acceptable for an individual to work smarter rather than working hard but although it is absolutely very thin to differentiate the difference between what it means to work hard and to work Smart . Personally I believe that with the help of technology and modernization into the business sector majority of businesses have always been working smarter rather than working hard . Working hard will always leave an individual to be exhausted in strength but working smarter will make an individual still be strength-retained .

Business equipment and factory machines down to office machines has been what technology and modernization has put in place for our individuals businesses to work smarter rather than wasting time working hard . In ancient times business transactions are usually stored in huge books known as journals and ledgers , but now in modern times in business transactions and figures are stored in computers where they could be easily retrieved , analysed and also interpreted in a way that benefits the business positively . In conclusion technology has really impacted businesses today in the sense that it has helped business personnel's to work smarter rather than working harder .

SuperNerd

Hardwork and working smart are two different things entirely, but some individuals tends to mixed them together. For you to work smart you need to work hard first. Personally, i can not advised a newbie in any business to work smart rather I would encouraged them to work hard and after gaining the recquire knowledge and skills they can now work smart.