Will You Prefer To Save You Money At Home or In the Bank ?

uforwealth

Verified member
Money is not only the means of exchange but also the gap between the rich and the poor. That is, it is what differentiate poor people from rich people.
One thing is to find ways or methods of earning this money another is how to save this money to satisfy future needs. Then where can we save this money ?
Is it at home or in the bank ?

If you prefer bank to home when it comes to saving your money, what about the unreasonable charges from your account balance by the bank staff, what about the unauthorized withdrawal of fund from your account.

Some people may prefer saving their money at home instead of taking it to the bank. Well, if that is their choice, nobody is authorized to punish them for saving their fund at home. But what would happen to them or how would they feel ? If they wake up one day to find that all their hard-earned money has been stolen ? That money has gone forever.

Where do you prefer to save your money? In the bank or at home ?

E

eldavis

Gone are the days where one would say saving at the bank would help prevent easy access. These days with our bank apps and bank cards, its pretty much easy to spend our savings as when we save it at home. For me though i would save it at the bank and as well at home. I spend from the one i keep at home in cases of unexpected expenses. While the one at the bank would be a last option.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
This is a very good question and thank you for sharing. As far as I am concerned, this is not a very big problem because I do not have so much money so as to worry where to save it. I think that it is wise to save some money in the bank and some money at home. In this way, you can be safe. :)

Mika

VIP Contributor
You need some hard cash at home, especially to buy essentials or use for immediate uses but saving cash at home is not something you should be doing. Only kids should save money at home, especially in their piggy banks. All adults should save money in banks. Even kids are recommended to save money in banks. While the value of money might go down due to inflation, therefore, it is recommended that you invest the money instead of saving cash, however, saving money in banks at least allows you to collect interest. When you save money, try to save in high-yield bank accounts so that you can earn better interest. Banks are trusted financial institutions, and there will never be unauthorized withdrawals, if there are you can immediately inform your banks and actions will be taken. As far as charges are concerned, you can avoid taking paid services such as text messages, check book issuances, etc.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
We are living in the modern world and technology has taken over almost all the things around, we are not living in the olden days in which our forefathers will be burying their savings in the ground and are disciplined enough not to touch it even to a point that some of them will die with those money buried inside the ground.

Personally I have reasons why I will not want to save my money in the house and one of the reason is that I may not be disciplined enough to let the savings be, I will always be tempted to use it . That is why my money must always be in the bank as it will be much more easier for me to save it in the bank than saving it in a place where I can easily access it anywhere and anytime. That's just my reasons.

Rubz

It's surprising to hear that a lot of people still save money in their homes. That's a no no for me. It's too risky. I save my money and would always prefer to save my money in a bank. I know banks can be annoying with their charges when carrying out transactions, but at least one would be at peace because one's money is save. Saving at home especially if it is a large sum is very risky. One's hard earned savings can be stolen. I would only sace at home if i'm not saving a large amount of money. Banks sometimes adds interest to one's money. It isn't much but at least it's something. It's free and one didn't work for it.

Johnson2468

Valued Contributor
Saving your money is till the safest means of saving money. Like you said, leaving your money at home can make it to be stolen, so it is better to bear the charges of bank than losing the whole money

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you want to save more than the average person, then saving at home is the way to go. For example, if you want to save $1,000 per month for 12 months out of your earnings from work, then saving that amount in your bank accounts is not going to be possible. However, if you want to save $600 per month for twelve months out of your earnings from work and have an extra $500 set aside in a savings account every month then that would be possible!

So it all depends on what kind of savings goals you have and what type of bank account makes sense for those goals!

moonchild

VIP Contributor
well, the primary benefit of keeping your money at home is that you have immediate access to it whenever you need it. and you don't have to worry about bank hours or fees for withdrawals. you can also keep an eye on your money and have a sense of control over it.

But that is not it, there are some downsides to keeping your money at home. your money is not protected if your home is burglarized and you should also know that money kept at home doesn't earn any interest, so it won't grow over time at all.

But the main advantage of saving money in a bank is that it is a safe and secure place to store your money. banks are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to a certain amount per depositor, so even if the bank fails, your money is safe, so I will choose the bank anytime.