Auto Insurance Will Auto Insurance Cover Paint Damage?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance is one of the type of insurance I cherish a lot. I like auto insurance for the fact that it will cover you, and your families.

Another thing about auto insurance is that it protects the people in the car and other drivers using your car.

Theses are some of the reason some states make it mandatory for everyone to obtain auto insurance for their vehicles.

I came from a city where there are lots of traffic hold up on most roads. Whoever have being to Lagos will understand what I am saying.

Majority of commercial bus drivers usually engage in rough riding which causes some accidents at times.

Sometime, they may break the side mirror. The least thing they do is to scratch the body of your car.

When this happens, will Auto insurance cover paint damage of the car?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance can be specific which will only cover the aspect that are listed in the agreement. In this one, if the vehicle hit another vehicle, insurance will only be responsible to the hitted car. And another one will cover the damages that occur to the car eben if it is the paint or the mirror

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance can be specific which will only cover the aspect that are listed in the agreement. In this one, if the vehicle hit another vehicle, insurance will only be responsible to the hitted car. And another one will cover the damages that occur to the car eben if it is the paint or the mirror

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Well paint damage is not something that usually happens and asides that, it is one of the natural disasters because it sometimes wash away from one’s car sometimes. Although it could also happen by accident if the it was used to scratch or brush off the wall or another vehicle. But the policy should be under auto insurance

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It depends on the kind of agreement between you and the auto insurance company and the kind of coverage they offer. One of the most popular agreement I have seen in recent times is the company buying you a new car when it is involved in an accident or any other thing happens to it.

Phabbyfundz

I think this is a matter to be discussed with your insurance company or the company you want to purchase an insurance plan with. But most people often make the common mistake of not coming to proper term with the conditions of the contract or the benefits of the said insurance plan you would want to purchase.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think auto insurance would actually cover such ,but it all depends on what you insure it against , if the paint got damage because of accident , I think they would actually cover for such , and also if it get damage by fire they would insure it against fire like that

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
There is one thing about auto insurance people should know. It has different policies under it and every each of them has what they cover and their limitations. So if you are interested in getting such plan, I think you should think twice and make your research well before you purchase it

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There is one thing about auto insurance people should know. It has different policies under it and every each of them has what they cover and their limitations. So if you are interested in getting such plan, I think you should think twice and make your research well before you purchase it
Exactly make your research properly , most times the policy could be confusing most especially for newbies , because different incident are placed on specific plans ,the only person would only get coverage ,if he or she have insured relating to such type of plan I think , so that's how the case may be