Auto Insurance Does Auto Insurance Cover Repairs?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Car is a basic necessity if you are a person who constantly hit the road. Car make it pretty much easier for someone to travel from one state or city to another without having to undergo routine of public transport.

I like car though I am yet to acquire one. I am saving part of my salary to ensure that I get a car before the year runs out.

I am yet to get driving licence also. Driver's licence is not a major issue here in my city as you can get it within a week if you pass the driving test.

A car can develop a fault at any time and you are going to repair it definitely. So I want to ask that can auto insurance cover the repair of the car?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Auto insurance naturally covers the loss or damages done to the client’s car, if it is damaged beyond repair I think the role of the insurer is to replace it for the owner. The company is also into making some ends for itself so it can be brought back to shape, I’m sure there won’t be need for replacement

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance covers accidents and some other things that may happen to the car. But we have two auto insurances, the comprehensive insurance policy will cover anything that happens to the car eben if the car hits the pole, it will cover the reparation of the pole and some other things like that.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well this should depend on the type of policy plan chosen under auto insurance. Some may cover the repair aspect while some may not. But generally I think it’s mostly about covering up for the loss or damages related to the insured car either by repair or by replacement, that’s whatever the case might be

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Auto insurance have different options like fire ,accidents , etc , it depends on the one you signed up for and the risk that occured , if your car is affected by a accident and you signed up for it ,the insurance company might actually consider and cover the risk for you

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like two learned commentators above me have said. While insuring car, there are many packages because there are many instances that can happen to car. It may be stolen, it may have accident or even gutted by fire. So there must be specific one to know which one the insurance will cover.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When our car was new we had taken a comprehensive insurance. That is different from the standard TPL - Third Party Liability - which covers death and injuries in accidents. The comprehensive insurance is the one that covers the damages of the car. Even when the car is stolen it is considered total wreck that the insurance would pay the covered amount.

Phabbyfundz

Insurance companies are willing to cover anything from repairs to damages or even loss. But I would like to state that this totally depends on your contract with insurance company, the plan you paid f9r or what the insurance company are willing to cover for. I know of good insurance companies that even cover for retirement benefits and puts you on a salary per month long after your retirement.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
When our car was new we had taken a comprehensive insurance. That is different from the standard TPL - Third Party Liability - which covers death and injuries in accidents. The comprehensive insurance is the one that covers the damages of the car. Even when the car is stolen it is considered total wreck that the insurance would pay the covered amount.
Sorry i need to ask this, what happens of the car that you insured causes accident to the third party. Will the insurance company pay for the damages caused by the insured car. And what if it is not even a car but public utility like electric pole, will the insurance cover all those damages as well.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think it does cover but it will definitely depends on the magnitude of the repairs. Because if your vehicle have an accident maybe the fault is yours that will need you even repairing the other person vehicle then it will need bringing in an insurance company to assist but not just for Minor repays