Auto Insurance Does Auto Insurance Cover Flood Damage?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Something that seems good for some people might be bad for others. An example of such thing as rainfall.

During the rainy season, majority of the Farmers would be very happy as there will be regular supply of water for the crops they plant on the farm, especially in a region where they don't have access to water and irrigation.

On the other hand, those who are living in erosion-prone area will never pray for a long duration of rainfall. The reason is that most houses will be flooded by erosion.

When this happens, lot of properties will be destroyed by the flood and this include vehicles.

This prompts me to ask you guys that can auto insurance cover for vehicles or cars damaged by the flood?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is always insurance policy for every thing that we can think of and the fact is that each insurance only covers its own jurisdiction. For instance, a fire insurance policy cannot be extended to flood insurance policy. So the answer to your question is that auto insurance doesn't cover flood insurance.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah I think auto insurance could cover for such , it all depends if the agreement and policy you signed up for is to insure against flood , because it's even less likely such could occur ,but auto insurance could be specific depending on what you insure against I definitely think so

Phabbyfundz

Yes, i believe there are insurance companies that cover flood damages for people staying in flood prone areas. Firstly before registering with any insurance company make research try to find out what services they offer how beneficial are there going to be and if they are durable enough, you wouldnt trust any one with something this important without know if they are even as efficient as they say they are.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What happens if someone insures his auto and the auto is washed away by flood? This may not be too dicey as we think. Insurance on auto insurance policy covers any risk or unforseen circumstances that may happen to the car especially that's natural. If the investigation carries out reveal this, the insured may be compensated.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive once and insurance company cover car it has also cover any accident that may occur to that same car.
Insurance company has a lot of policy which covers a lot of different accident. So out of many policy its important for an insurer to choose the best policy that good for them.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
It actually depends on the policy you opted for under auto insurance, I mean this is a contract so you have the right add or minus somethings on insurance you are opting for because that’s why there is policy for every insurance, if flood damage was included in your policy then the insurer will surely cover for it

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mataracy I have heard this in a radio program in which the insurance agent stated that there are some accidents that happens the car which auto insurance cannot cover since it is not part of the agreement. but he was being asked that what's the definition of accident if not something bad that happens to the car. He kept saying that auto insurance doesn't cover all accidents.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
@Mataracy I have heard this in a radio program in which the insurance agent stated that there are some accidents that happens the car which auto insurance cannot cover since it is not part of the agreement. but he was being asked that what's the definition of accident if not something bad that happens to the car. He kept saying that auto insurance doesn't cover all accidents.
The man on the radio was saying the fact. It is not accident that auto insurance will cover. There are two ways to describe accident. There are some accidents that are caused due to the negligence of the drivers. For instance, if the driver is investigated to be drunk when the accident happens, insurance may not cover it.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The terms of agreements is stated in the terms of agreement. The coverage is also stated in the agreement. I have not seen flood coverage in auto insurance because both do not correlate. It's like say your health is covered by auto industry. They are not in line and i haven't seen one. The coverage offered by the insurance company should be a potential risk of what was insured.

uforwealth

Verified member
There are two coverages under auto insurance namely: comprehensive and collision.

Comprehensive auto insurance covers damages or losses that may be caused by natural disasters such as flood to your cars. As a result of this, if the insured opted for comprehensive auto mobile insurance, there is likelihood that the policyholder get compensated.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Like I once read on someone’s thread, he said flood damage are usually classified as a natural disaster and insurance companies does not compensate for it. So in this case, I think the insurer won’t get involved in cases like this. But I will like to know about it when it comes to auto insurance