Why you shouldn't depend on one job

There are so many reasons why you should not just depend on one job. Even though the job is very well paying, you can use the money from it and startup a small side business.

I remember when I was working as a tutor last year being 2020. During that period, I got another online job where I was paid for writing articles with over 800 words daily. So every morning, I do write an article then submit before going for my tutor work.

I really enjoyed doing both work because, the writing job paid me daily, which I so much loved because it was very relieving seeing alerts everyday which is not from your main job. Anytime I come back from work stressed out, once I see the bank alert from my writing job, I immediately bece relieved and happy. I helped to contact ntril my emotions and mental health. So I didn't need to wait monthly to receive money.

Vinkce

Yes, having yours eggs all in one basket is not wise. An individual who is responsible for himself should have at least 2 sources of income, so that when he may not be stranded at one point when one job may not be paying, then you have some where else to look and not be hopeless.

Olajidey

Most people beleive that once you have a good paying job you dont need another source of income, but it wrong. Even a nation need not depend on one source of income.
Using Nigeria as a case study we depend only on Oil and we negelect other source of income that might even fetch us reasonable income like that of oil. Now Nigeria is facing the battle of reccession because oil is Oil is now competitive and we know what happens to competitive market. there will be price reduction reason is because to make rapid sales.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It Depends on the type of work someone is doing there are some work that may not give you an opportunity to have a side work, there are some work that their monthly salary is even enough to satisfy You of any needs you may be interested to have, why you should not depend on some jobs is because the job you should not depend on should be a private job that you are at risk of being fire anytime.