Travel Insurance Why Travel insurance is important.

Nite

Valued Contributor
When you're travelling abroad, what would you do if you get stuck in an unwanted situation? That is what a travel insurance is for. It's basically a short term insurance plan to protect people against medical and financial loss while travelling. Any kind of emergency, whether medical or not is unpredictable, even when we're travelling, and those emergencies can be highly expensive. So, it’s important to purchase the right travel insurance plan, because it'll safeguard your trip against all financial losses.

Travelling abroad without any adequate insurance coverage could prove fatal as unfortunate event can happen anytime. Various travel insurance plans are available as per customer's need, like for individuals, families, students, senior citizens, corporates and more. Travel insurance policy gives you the peace of mind by providing financial safety for your entire journey,

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is need to have this insurance policy as a traveler. Anything can happen in board. It may as a result of poor weather. It is not normal to be a traveler without having insurance policy that will be covering one in case of in casity. One should not even mind the expensiveness.

Nite

Valued Contributor
And trip disruptions can happen anytime, which could result in cancelling your trip. Travel Insurance also provides coverage for cancelled bookings. This is the most widely used coverage in travel Insurance, as trip cancellation charges are a big financial loss, so travel insurance company comes to the rescue in such a scenario.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is why it is good to always find out things and why you need them,not just talking about how high the amount in involve is. Travel insurance is important as it will help to take care of all that will needed for safety in case of any risk or loss

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think travel insurance is important but not actually for everyone. If your life or work requires it then it’s okay to buy it but if you are the type that mostly stays home or you don’t really go on a journey often, getting it will be like you trying to waste your money on the premium because you will surely pay it

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Insurance is very important whether it is travel insurance or any other kind of insurance. Imagine you're traveling to a very far destination and there may be a lot of uncertainties on the way and you do not have an insurance. That will definitely not make you to be confident enough on your journey.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't travel much, therefore, I have never bought a travel insurance policy. Since I have never bought travel insurance, I don't know what kind of coverage does travel insurance policy provides. Does it provide coverage for your travel cost, or does it only provides coverage against accidents, theft, etc. when you are traveling?

Phabbyfundz

The importance of any insurance plan or policy can never be overemphasized and travel insurance too is one of them. I believe anyone who travels a lot and maybe the nature of your job or business requires constant traveling across different boarders or boundaries I would say that you should get your self a travel insurance.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Non-medical emergencies like, losing a passport, international driving license, or even delay of trips due to bad weather, travel insurance provides financial support to cover all such exigencies. It's best to have a travel insurance to tackle situations like these in a better way. Few countries have even made it mandatory to have travel insurance.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
It is very important in a situation whereby you get to be in an unexpected or unpleasant situation on a journey. Nevertheless this is selective because it is certainly not for everyone. Lifestyle or work to determine either or not to choose the travel insurance policy. Individual who are interested should know this

Nite

Valued Contributor
Of course, your lifestyle will determine whether you should opt for a travel insurance or not. If it does, then getting a travel insurance will be very much beneficial for you. Specially, while going to international trips, as they are more costlier than the domestic ones. For any unfortunate incident while travelling, a travel insurance is a must buy.