Travel Insurance Is Travel Insurance Worth Buying?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Travel insurance is a type of insurance which covers unexpected losses that may happened when you travel to another place. Travel insurance covers both international and local travels depending on the company someone is using.

People travel for so many reasons. Some people travel to the other countries just to attend conferences and seminars.

There are some people who will travel to another countries just to spend some time on vacation.

We have some people who travel to another country on pilgrimage. This is common among those who are devoted Christians and Muslims.

I think travel insurance is good for someone that usually travel across the boarder either through road or flight to import and export goods.

So I want to ask that is travel insurance worth buying for someone who just want to go and attend seminar or conferences in another country for few days?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Before one to purchase any insurance policy, there is need to examine the likelihood of such a risk. For instance, if the occurrence of the risk is not that high, then there is no need of venturing into such a risk or else it will be wasting of money. Trsbje insurance should only be purchased by people that travel a lot.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah it's okay to go for the insurance policy , I think atleast the person would be more confident since there is coverage on the risk or losses that might likely happen when the person is travelling to different places around the world ,it's really worth it I think for travellers

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yeah it's okay to go for the insurance policy , I think atleast the person would be more confident since there is coverage on the risk or losses that might likely happen when the person is travelling to different places around the world ,it's really worth it I think for travellers
That's it. It is practically useful for travelers. In fact to me it is not all travelers that need this insurance policy. It is all those old people that need this more. Any incident that happens while traveling will be covered under this insurance policy. Besides, if the ticket is canceled for some reasons, it won't affect the insured person.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
That's it. It is practically useful for travelers. In fact to me it is not all travelers that need this insurance policy. It is all those old people that need this more. Any incident that happens while traveling will be covered under this insurance policy. Besides, if the ticket is canceled for some reasons, it won't affect the insured person.
Although I think the young ones too might need it , because unforseen circumstances could happen during travelling and the person could be robbed on the way and others ,so that's the big issue and all age difference does not really matter more when choosing the insurance company that he or she would make use of

Phabbyfundz

Yes, in my opinion I believe insurance is worth buying for anything that is importance to you, be it health, car , house, or even life insurance, travel insurance is not an exception. Mind you I am not saying that bad things will happen to you when you travel but even if it doesn't it is still ways to always be ready for anything.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
If you ask me, I will say it depends on the mode of your lifestyle, I mean if your day to day living demands it, then it’s surely worth buying, if you are the type that your work is involved in traveling usually, I’ll advise you to buy one, but if not or you don’t travel often, it’s just like not hoping for a safe journey in your travels

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat I think it makes more sense to do travel insurance for the senior citizens I mean old people. This set of people are liable to forget some of the belongings they have in another place while they are traveling. My uncle told me that most people lost their belongings when they went on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Although I think the young ones too might need it , because unforseen circumstances could happen during travelling and the person could be robbed on the way and others ,so that's the big issue and all age difference does not really matter more when choosing the insurance company that he or she would make use of
Do you know insurance company may not be responsible for robbery during a journey because it may not be proven. Most people that always go for travel insurance policy always do it for air transportation because it has uncertainty more than other mode of transportation. And robbery is not that prevalent when it comes to air transportation.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course, travel insurance is worth buying if your activities demands it. But for someone who doesn’t really travel, I don’t think you should try to buy it because it’s almost sounds like you are wishing yourself a bad luck in every journey you embark on. I mean you can’t be paying premiums on what you don’t really do

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Of course, travel insurance is worth buying if your activities demands it. But for someone who doesn’t really travel, I don’t think you should try to buy it because it’s almost sounds like you are wishing yourself a bad luck in every journey you embark on. I mean you can’t be paying premiums on what you don’t really do
That's just it. Most people even insure on almost everything even when they know that they are not exposed to any risk associated with such a policy. Maybe some do it to flaunt their wealth. But the truth of the matter is that we don't need to insure on any policy that we don't really expose to.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be honest, we haven't considered travel insurance not because we are saving from the expense. The only benefit for travel insurance is an accident or death. For the lost baggage the airline would cover it although it depends on where the baggage was lost. But personally I guess the travel insurance is just an added expense.