Travel Insurance Does Travel Insurance Cover Cancelled Flights?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Travel insurance is good when you always travel to other countries to buy goods to sell at the local market.

Travel insurance is also good for those who are going on pilgrimage. These people are likely to buy lots of goods that will be useful for them when they come back to their home countries.

I was discussing with a friend of mine and he was telling me about his flight experience when he was coming to my city.

He told me about how an airline decided to change the schedule. He said the airline did that by cancel the flight. And this results into an unexpected change of plan.

So I want to ask that can travel insurance cover flight cancellation by the airlines?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
In my little knowledge about it I think cancelled flights can’t be covered by travel insurance because it is mostly about losses that happens during a journey. Well can consider that as a loss but I think that should be another plan entirely under it. Clients should make request for this before opting for it

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Travel insurance covers any inconvenience and risk that may be associated with travel insurance. It may not be surprised to hear that travel insurance can cover the risk that is associated with cancelation of flights because to me, the cancelation can mean a great loss to the insured person at time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
firstly it depends on the agreement between you and the insurance companies because it differs from company to company and in some cases from country to country. There are some people that reach agreements with the particular insurance company and the agreement should include cancelled flight or any inconvenience as the case may be.

Phabbyfundz

Yes, some insurance company do cover for canceled flights,but this totally depends on the terms of the insurance plan you purchased. So before purchasing any insurance plan or policy with any insurance company always try to know what the insurance plan covers for and how quickly are you going to come to your aid in times of any unfortunate happenings.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes it does. I think I have read about this that insurance company for travel policy covers cancelled flight especially if it cost one a whole lot of money.but I think it would be more about the cause of the cancellation to ascertain if it was the fault of the insured or the airline

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah I think they actually cover every risk in you travelling to your destination and cancelled flight is part of it , but just make sure that it's not caused by you purposely , so they would cover for the risk , except they won't bother to cover for such type of risk if it's intentional

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
With the little I know about insurance generally, I do not think it covers a cancelled flight because the event is not on the journey yet and even if it has to provide coverage for it, I think the case would be a special one, I simply mean the unusual scenario

Kim4U

Travel insurance is good when you always travel to other countries to buy goods to sell at the local market.

Travel insurance is also good for those who are going on pilgrimage. These people are likely to buy lots of goods that will be useful for them when they come back to their home countries.

I was discussing with a friend of mine and he was telling me about his flight experience when he was coming to my city.

He told me about how an airline decided to change the schedule. He said the airline did that by cancel the flight. And this results into an unexpected change of plan.

So I want to ask that can travel insurance cover flight cancellation by the airlines?
I believe that the Airlines may be responsible and accommodate the customer for cancellations when it's no fault of the customer. Trip cancellation and interruption coverage is for other types of unexpected trip changes.