Why Salary Packages Are Unfairly Fixed In The Job Market?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The main aim and objective of applying for work is to improve our work experience in the field and make ourselves able to get a better job in the future. A person with a good job experience is more likely to get a better job in the future and this is why many people seek jobs. However, improving our work experience or resume is not the only goal of seeking a job. Salary packages is also one of the main reasons why we seek jobs because we all need to make money. Unfortunately, this is where things can go wrong for many people. I remember working in the customer care field and I was seeking jobs online on facebook page which was exclusively for people in the field.

I was quite surprised to know that the rates of salary packages was fixed and almost all the employers were offering same salary packages to candidates, despite the nature of work being slightly different! I have been to various places seeking for jobs and this is something that I noticed at other places, too! I believe that there is some sort of monopoly in the job market and employers have some sort of connections with each other. Having a fixed rate in the job market is totally unfair! I think this is a common practice in many Tier 3 countries where there are no laws in regards to rights of workers or employees. What are your thoughts?

Caramelle

It's difficult to generalize when it comes to salary packages because they are usually confidential in many places and on some levels. However, there are positions that usually fall under the minimum wage brackets which could result in different companies offering similar compensation packages. These laws are meant to protect them and ensure that they are receiving the mandated wages instead of being forced to take whatever the company offers. Also, not all Tier 3 countries have the same experiences and policies. We have labor laws in place. Employers offering the same salaries are not necessarily violating labor laws. They are likely offering industry standards salaries for some entry-level or mid-level positions. Prospective employees can take or reject the offer. While companies may offer the same basic salaries, employee benefits will usually vary based on the company's performance and financial condition.​

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
There are somany factors that are responsible for the variation in the salary that is been paid to workers doing the same kind of job but in different settings. The fisrt area i will pin point is the issue of location, location determines how people are been paid in many cases, if one is residing in a rural environment or a less developed country and doing the same kind of job another in a very developed country or urban cparea is doing their salaries will never be the same because the organization will definitely consider those living in urban areas as spending more on expenses because of the standard of living in the cities as compared to those living in smaller cities or rural environments.

Then another factor will definitely be in the area of one's level of education or qualifications, infact that plays a major role indeed. Those who are more educated wil always earn more and most times head the organization. Because the believebisnthat they have acquired more insight and they have good command of the field of study and will definitely display more professionalism on the job. Lastly skills equally plays a very crucial role aswel in fixing salaries.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the Philippines the salary package would depend on the HR group of the company. Take for example banks, they have a different salary range from each other even if the position is the same. The size of the bank is not a factor for the salary range because the biggest bank has a lower salary range than most in the top 5 banks. However, the salary is not the only element that you should consider because there are also the benefits. Banks work only 5 days a week while an industrial company has 6 days of work in a week. The salary of the same position in the bank and in the industrial company differs much but again it depends on the HR group. I say HR group because that is the committee that designs the salary package not only of the new hires but also the existing positions in the table of organizations.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
A lot of salary packages are screwed because people are desperate and they're in need of a job at any cost.

Because of this reason HR price employees the way you price crabs at the market, in my country Nigeria, we are over 200 million and we have very limited job opportunities so what do you think will happen?

Presently, our security guard earns $20 a month and this is a person with a wife and 5 kids, just imagine this kind of life, this kind of person will be willing to apply at any shitty job with any salary because of desperation.

This is also in favor of employers because they get to select the best from the pool of candidates and obviously select the best of them and pay them meagre salary, talking out eating your cake and having it at the same time.

This is the reason we have cheap labor in Nigeria, but I think it's going to be an advantage in the long run because large industries will open up and they'll outsource their work here t free rent raising the minimum wage.

Also, if you want to escape this low salary problem then you have to learn a high income skill that will set you apart and make you exceptional.