Earn Money Why People Often Gamble Despite Knowing That It Is Not Good To Do So?

A K Rao

Though I am associated with the racing industry as a stud farm vet, I never have gambled or encouraged anyone to do so.

People they often want to gamble to make money though they have many other options to do so. I think following are the reasons why people want to gamble;

1. To make quick money, As in gambling as one can get the results too fast after putting the bet which is tempting factor for them.

2. The greed factor - the people out of greed they gamble.

3. Many of rich people who don't have dearth of the money gamble for satisfying their ego while they win.

4.There are people who are habitual punters and they gamble under duress.

Do you imagine any other reasons why people gamble?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Lol I used to buy but many of them are not real....I lost more than I have won those 2 sure odds. I think fixed matches are real but it's just that, they are not easy to come by. When I was in the University, me and my roommate used to have one Israel guy. This guy sold correct scores(Ht/Ft) to us like 2 times and it came....We won big the second time. The first time we doubted it, but second time was big enough for us, even though, we still doubted. The guy blocked us the third time, because we didn't pay him for both because it was testing testing lol! Though, I know the trick behind the way the Nigerian betting tricksters distribute their correct score lol
Hmm, you could've been rich by now with your room mate had it been you never tricked the Israeli guy that was given you guys the two sure odds. I believe match fixing still exist but it is not like before when it used to be rampant. This days it is well adrift, few teams do it anonymously without trace. If i get the chance to capture correct score odds, surely I'll pay for it, like that one the Israeli was offering.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The main reason a lot of people who venture into gambling is because they need some quick money. I will also never advise anyone to venture into gambling because it is risky and if you are not disciplined enough you will be ruined financially. Gambling has made a lot of people to commit suicide because they lost all the money they had and their life savings gone.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
People gamble cos of poor background. When they realized that gambling can enable them to move out of poverty they immediately start predicting outcome of events, trying to see if they'll get enough money to get out of the poverty strain life that have affected its family to enjoy good life. Hearing others success around gambling makes them too to start gambling.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Gambling people often resort to gambling even when they know it's not paying and it might make them go broke. What I observed is that, some people are just addicted to gambling that they can barely control their urge to bet. Even though they know that t's not rewarding smoothly,they tend to live in past winning history.

Dora Wi

Greed is very strong when it comes to gambling, and then there is often an addictive problem that keeps the behaviour going. Some people gamble purely for the adrenaline and the enjoyment of it, and I think that is a better mindset than gambling to make money.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The main reason a lot of people who venture into gambling is because they need some quick money. I will also never advise anyone to venture into gambling because it is risky and if you are not disciplined enough you will be ruined financially. Gambling has made a lot of people to commit suicide because they lost all the money they had and their life savings gone.
If anyone looks gambling as a quick way to make money, they are probably not knowing what they are doing. I would say if anyone is looking for a quick way to lose money,then he/she should turn to gambling. You are right with the suicide scenarios....I have heard several cases of people commiting suicide because Arsenal, Chelsea etc lost their games. All because they betted on them to win, and they failed.

arunima25

Verified member
Some people rely a lot on luck for making a quick money and so they fall for gambling. But then over a period of time, they become addicted to it. Coming out of any addiction is tough though we very well know that it's bad for us. Many have been broke and homes and lives been ruined by the gaming addiction. But still people fall for the trap knowing very well that there is a trap.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
People gamble cos of poor background. When they realized that gambling can enable them to move out of poverty they immediately start predicting outcome of events, trying to see if they'll get enough money to get out of the poverty strain life that have affected its family to enjoy good life. Hearing others success around gambling makes them too to start gambling.
I was in that shoes before bro....I always look for 2.00 sure odds lol. I was on most telegram betting channels, looking for some sure odds that are not real. You will see different fake winning slips of people that said to have won their betting, which are huge amounts to trick people into buying their unreal sure odds....lol

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I was in that shoes before bro....I always look for 2.00 sure odds lol. I was on most telegram betting channels, looking for some sure odds that are not real. You will see different fake winning slips of people that said to have won their betting, which are huge amounts to trick people into buying their unreal sure odds....lol
Laughs, did you buy from them?? I gamble even up to this day, i can't hide from what i do. But i don't listen to those who claim to have sure odds, especially fixed match odds. Those things aren't real, cos the football we know isn't manipulated that way, match fixing scandal have been on the steady revamp. If football association discover any team that fixed match, they'll be demoted, or banned for long period if time.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Laughs, did you buy from them?? I gamble even up to this day, i can't hide from what i do. But i don't listen to those who claim to have sure odds, especially fixed match odds. Those things aren't real, cos the football we know isn't manipulated that way, match fixing scandal have been on the steady revamp. If football association discover any team that fixed match, they'll be demoted, or banned for long period if time.
Lol I used to buy but many of them are not real....I lost more than I have won those 2 sure odds. I think fixed matches are real but it's just that, they are not easy to come by. When I was in the University, me and my roommate used to have one Israel guy. This guy sold correct scores(Ht/Ft) to us like 2 times and it came....We won big the second time. The first time we doubted it, but second time was big enough for us, even though, we still doubted. The guy blocked us the third time, because we didn't pay him for both because it was testing testing lol! Though, I know the trick behind the way the Nigerian betting tricksters distribute their correct score lol

uforwealth

Verified member
Despite the fact that gambling is condemned by both religions-Islam and Christianity, people engage in gambling.

People usually gamble because of good lucks that at times come with gambling but the agony that comes with gambling sometimes may not be coped with by gamblers when they lose a lot of money to gambling.

The major factor responsible for gambling is:
Hunger for becoming overnight millionaires as you have mentioned in your write up.

arunima25

Verified member
Many people go for gambling out of fun. And they know their limitations. They just want to spend a bit of their extra money to try their luck and play some gambling games. They are not addicted and they would keep just a small bit at risk to gamble. And loosing that amount doesn't hurt or dent their financial needs. I guess that is okay. And maybe one day luck might click and they win huge.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Hmm, you could've been rich by now with your room mate had it been you never tricked the Israeli guy that was given you guys the two sure odds. I believe match fixing still exist but it is not like before when it used to be rampant. This days it is well adrift, few teams do it anonymously without trace. If i get the chance to capture correct score odds, surely I'll pay for it, like that one the Israeli was offering.
Seriously, we could have made it but we were plunged by fear of losing, because we were managing as students, we didn't have much. Then there were many scammers from all those places too, claiming to have correct scores and they will eventually scam you, so we were very careful.

If you are looking for correct scores sellers or giver, try Quora, and search about "correct scores", you may get a lead from there.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is something called utility. At times, you see yourself doing something not because it is useful but because you derive satisfaction from it. There is nothing bad or good in life. You only attach value to whatever you like. It will even amaze you that all the points that you raise are not even the reasons why some people gamble. It is until you fall in love with an act before you get my point.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There is something called utility. At times, you see yourself doing something not because it is useful but because you derive satisfaction from it. There is nothing bad or good in life. You only attach value to whatever you like. It will even amaze you that all the points that you raise are not even the reasons why some people gamble. It is until you fall in love with an act before you get my point.
Your opinion though! But falling in love with gambling is a very wrong thing to do. Being in that position, is a road to being broke eventually. I think if anyone wants to fall in love with anything it shouldn't be gambling. I have seen a person with such love for gambling, he has no savings, he goes from one virtual house to the other, he begs most times.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Your opinion though! But falling in love with gambling is a very wrong thing to do. Being in that position, is a road to being broke eventually. I think if anyone wants to fall in love with anything it shouldn't be gambling. I have seen a person with such love for gambling, he has no savings, he goes from one virtual house to the other, he begs most times.
You speak because you have seen someone that failed to make fortune out of it. Does that mean we don't have people that have made fortune out of gambling? To be honest with you, I don't gamble but I have never for once condemned those that do it, though I have written posts and comments against gambling. You can check my previous threads on it. But I don't normally talk about problems, I talk about the cause. What made some people fall for gambling may be satisfaction deriving from it. Peole know alcohol is bad, they still drink. Analyze that, you will get my point.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You speak because you have seen someone that failed to make fortune out of it. Does that mean we don't have people that have made fortune out of gambling? To be honest with you, I don't gamble but I have never for once condemned those that do it, though I have written posts and comments against gambling. You can check my previous threads on it. But I don't normally talk about problems, I talk about the cause. What made some people fall for gambling may be satisfaction deriving from it. Peole know alcohol is bad, they still drink. Analyze that, you will get my point.
That's why I said "your opinion"at the inception of my comments! I was never being toxic about your opinion/comments. We are both sharing our candid opinions.

If you hold the opinion that people are making it with gambling, that we now have to neglect the amount of people that gambling is ruining their lives,...... No problem having that notion or opine.

If you also believe that the pleasure derives from an alcohol by an alcoholic person or a drunk, is the same as being a an addicted gambler....Your opine too.

You have a solid point!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Seriously, we could have made it but we were plunged by fear of losing, because we were managing as students, we didn't have much. Then there were many scammers from all those places too, claiming to have correct scores and they will eventually scam you, so we were very careful.

If you are looking for correct scores sellers or giver, try Quora, and search about "correct scores", you may get a lead from there.
I understand your reasons back then not to go fully paying the Israeli event predictor. As a student, you guys needed to manage your funds well to enable you guys cope with the things that comes from academics that requires money to solve. Gambling is not 100% trusted, that's why you never believed that the Israeli man can help you win big.

I'll go over at Quora check for the correct score options, and try something if i can win or not, using their predicted option.

A K Rao

In an attempt to make some quick money I have seen many people they gamble and lose the money. They don't use their discretion and play the gambling till they lose their last penny and they go bankrupt. Out of desperation and frustration such people can take the drastic step of ending their lives by committing suicide. I really feel bad for them.