Earn Money Why People Often Gamble Despite Knowing That It Is Not Good To Do So?

A K Rao

Though I am associated with the racing industry as a stud farm vet, I never have gambled or encouraged anyone to do so.

People they often want to gamble to make money though they have many other options to do so. I think following are the reasons why people want to gamble;

1. To make quick money, As in gambling as one can get the results too fast after putting the bet which is tempting factor for them.

2. The greed factor - the people out of greed they gamble.

3. Many of rich people who don't have dearth of the money gamble for satisfying their ego while they win.

4.There are people who are habitual punters and they gamble under duress.

Do you imagine any other reasons why people gamble?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
You can't really say that gambling is not good , you can only advice people not to engage in it or better put, reduce their gambling activities. Gambling is like an investment for some punters and it's also an investment for the gaming companies. I know a friend that hit a jackpot of 30 million in my currency.

A K Rao

Greed is very strong when it comes to gambling, and then there is often an addictive problem that keeps the behaviour going. Some people gamble purely for the adrenaline and the enjoyment of it, and I think that is a better mindset than gambling to make money.
I agree with all the three points which you have covered it is because of greed people gamble which becomes an addiction and later on having realized that they are not getting any benefit out of that they start enjoying the event of gambling by pushing up their Adrenalin level every time they gamble.

A K Rao

Some people rely a lot on luck for making a quick money and so they fall for gambling. But then over a period of time, they become addicted to it. Coming out of any addiction is tough though we very well know that it's bad for us. Many have been broke and homes and lives been ruined by the gaming addiction. But still people fall for the trap knowing very well that there is a trap.
Yes, believing in superstitions like luck etc tempt the people to enter gambling which eventually turns in an addiction. Once they won a small amount then they will never quit gambling and gamble without any control on a daily basis to lose their last penny. These people have nothing with them at the end. No body has become rich in the gambling.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You are right and I agree that some people they want to gamble just because they can't stop their temptation when they enter the gambling centers. They are real-addicted people and they know that they are not going to make anything out of the betting. Such people simply draw the pleasure out of gambling.
Temptation in gambling is what most gamblers should be watchful for. If You are always tempted to bet some bets, due to big tricky odds that the Booker's are offering or you are just tempted naturally believing that, you will win if your bet, which most times results to losing your money. I think restraining order should be practiced when it comes to gambling.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, I agree with you. Most of the time we get to see many poor people gambling to get rid of their poverty. They are being encouraged by the movies also at times. Because of the false assurance given by the bookies or the people promoting the gambling these people end in losing their hard-earned money
And in turn making them go down poorer, cos they invested with all they had hoping to recoup from the investment but the opposite occurs, making them losing their invested funds. Here in my country gambling have made the youths suffer more financial loss cos of gambling, they don't control their urge gambling.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Temptation in gambling is what most gamblers should be watchful for. If You are always tempted to bet some bets, due to big tricky odds that the Booker's are offering or you are just tempted naturally believing that, you will win if your bet, which most times results to losing your money. I think restraining order should be practiced when it comes to gambling.
There should be discipline while betting. Though we misconstrued each other but we are saying the same thing. No one should engage in something that's derilous but at the same time, it may be difficult to change the believe of some people. Some people believe in betting, we only need to preach discipline to them and not total withdrawal because they won't withdraw.

Richee84

It is true that most people know the implication of gambling and yet they still go out to play the game. Gambling in most countries are legal business to do, which mean they are fully register with government institution. Most people believe that gambling in a legal business and playing it is not an illegal act. They also believe it's an opportunity to make quick money.

Good luck

Verified member
People venture into gambling for so many reasons,Firstly,To try their luck and by so do,they will invest so much money and time which may or may not be profitable at the end,Secondly,people do so for quick money, the society is bad..A lot of things have really gone wrong and people need to survive in the country.quest for money make people to gamble.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
People gamble cos of poor background. When they realized that gambling can enable them to move out of poverty they immediately start predicting outcome of events, trying to see if they'll get enough money to get out of the poverty strain life that have affected its family to enjoy good life. Hearing others success around gambling makes them too to start gambling.
People hear a lot of stories of how other people's life's we are changed because of gambling and that motivate them to venture into gambling thinking that they will change their financial situation through it. I agree with you what background is one of the major causes of people going into gambling. there are some people that it has favoured also.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Some people just like to take risk,they believe in luck especially for people that thinks they have the magical powers to predict games lol. So they gamble away expecting to win and have big money. Maybe the real factor is just greed just the way you have stated.people don't just learn

A K Rao

Gambling people often resort to gambling even when they know it's not paying and it might make them go broke. What I observed is that, some people are just addicted to gambling that they can barely control their urge to bet. Even though they know that t's not rewarding smoothly,they tend to live in past winning history.
You are right and I agree that some people they want to gamble just because they can't stop their temptation when they enter the gambling centers. They are real-addicted people and they know that they are not going to make anything out of the betting. Such people simply draw the pleasure out of gambling.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Some people just like to take risk,they believe in luck especially for people that thinks they have the magical powers to predict games lol. So they gamble away expecting to win and have big money. Maybe the real factor is just greed just the way you have stated.people don't just learn
I have seen someone who is making a whole lot of money from sports betting. There are two kinds of people who are into sports betting; the gamblers and a traders. There are people who have financial management skills and strategies in which they use on daily basis in order to make a whole lot of money from it. The gambler's are the ones who depend on luck all who believe that luck will make them successful.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have seen someone who is making a whole lot of money from sports betting. There are two kinds of people who are into sports betting; the gamblers and a traders. There are people who have financial management skills and strategies in which they use on daily basis in order to make a whole lot of money from it. The gambler's are the ones who depend on luck all who believe that luck will make them successful.
Truth be told the number of people benefitting from betting or gambling can't be up to 5% I believe those things are designed for people to always lose so people are bound to lose. That person that is winning you can't imagine how much he must be losing before winning.it luck though

sincerem

VIP Contributor
People hear a lot of stories of how other people's life's we are changed because of gambling and that motivate them to venture into gambling thinking that they will change their financial situation through it. I agree with you what background is one of the major causes of people going into gambling. there are some people that it has favoured also.
Their are people who grace found, and they became successful through gambling. Their is no doubt, some persons makes millions from gambling, its not about mere exaggeration nor fiction. We all know it happens, but not everyone is entitled to that amount. When the poor hears such amount, they are moved to gamble.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Their are people who grace found, and they became successful through gambling. Their is no doubt, some persons makes millions from gambling, its not about mere exaggeration nor fiction. We all know it happens, but not everyone is entitled to that amount. When the poor hears such amount, they are moved to gamble.
You are on point. I remember vividly you when someone in my vicinity when a huge amount of money from betting and that made a lot of people to start venturing into it thinking they will make the same amount of money. I was very sure that none of them if you made that amount of money. So betting generally is a game of luck. It cannot favor everybody and people need to accept this fact.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You are on point. I remember vividly you when someone in my vicinity when a huge amount of money from betting and that made a lot of people to start venturing into it thinking they will make the same amount of money. I was very sure that none of them if you made that amount of money. So betting generally is a game of luck. It cannot favor everybody and people need to accept this fact.
Already I've accepted that long time ago, that it won't favour everybody. I've tried different aspect of betting, won minimal amount of money, and lost whopping amount of money which could've used to buy more BTCs and abandon in my wallet till time indefinite. But upon my regret at gambling I'm still gambling, but not like before when i was addicted.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Already I've accepted that long time ago, that it won't favour everybody. I've tried different aspect of betting, won minimal amount of money, and lost whopping amount of money which could've used to buy more BTCs and abandon in my wallet till time indefinite. But upon my regret at gambling I'm still gambling, but not like before when i was addicted.
I used to be a gambler too before. What matters is your level of discipline. I am someone who dictates whenever I want to gamble and I am not addicted to it. There are strategies people use to make a lot of money from it and that is what I'm trying to discover. I believe if you have a particular strategy you can be making a whole lot of money from it. Some people take it as trading not gambling.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I used to be a gambler too before. What matters is your level of discipline. I am someone who dictates whenever I want to gamble and I am not addicted to it. There are strategies people use to make a lot of money from it and that is what I'm trying to discover. I believe if you have a particular strategy you can be making a whole lot of money from it. Some people take it as trading not gambling.
You're right dear, when one us disciplined he'll surely curtail the expenses around gambling, and not incurring losses often. That's the attribute I've added to myself currently, not to rush it, but develop strategies to earn from gambling. Gambling its simply like trading, if you gamble well, you can earn more than what some forex, crypto traders are making. Their is lots of money involved in gambling to be won, the lucky and strategic game planners earn such amount through gambling.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think this topic is for a psychologist. I had been betting on horse racing for a long period of time when I was younger. My reason is for the thrill and entertainment that I get from watching the races. It is more interesting if I have a bet on a horse. Some bettors get addicted not exactly for the greed of winning but more for the entertaining habit.