Why is politics the fastest job to wealth in Nigeria?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It is no more news that people today in Nigeria go into politics as a profession or job to acquire quick or fast wealth, in a short span of time those people in politics will enrich themselves and their family member and they will live in the best houses and use the latest and exotic cars, and many of the times they spend their vacations in the most fancy hotels in the world and their children attends the best schools in the world and have access to the best health facilities in the world.

Does this simply mean that political jobs are indeed that lucrative or are this political occupant doing something different that makes them stand out?. While in Nigeria you will agree with me that the level of corruption is at it pivots points and nepotism, tribalism, sectionalism, insecurity, and the likes is everywhere in the system. Could that be the reason for the quick money those political holders are enjoying.

I leave this to your opinions.

Icon

Well from my own opinion there are other jobs that you can do in Nigeria to live in a experience house and drive experience cars and even give you and your children a luxury life, like the entertainment industry in Nigeria they are really doing well and making millions of dollars

uforwealth

Verified member
You are right. Politics is the fastest way to make money in Nigeria.
However, Nigerian politicians are not making money in a legal way.
They embessle public funds.
Security votes are not honestly utilized.
Funds that are budgeted for provisions of social amenities are diverted by those
selfish and self centered politicians.
Politics in Nigeria is the fastest way to make money in Nigeria but to make it
as a politician in Nigeria , you will have to take part in corruption.

E

eldavis

Politics might be one of the fastest ways to make money online but definitely not these easist. Most of these politicians you see today spend millions on their campaign, and some do not even win in the end, then not to mention the level of risk involved as well, one could loose their lives all in the name of politics.

uforwealth

Verified member
Well from my own opinion there are other jobs that you can do in Nigeria to live in a experience house and drive experience cars and even give you and your children a luxury life, like the entertainment industry in Nigeria they are really doing well and making millions of dollars
Politics in Nigeria surpasses entertainment industry. Nigerian politicians are
Wealthier than musicians. Who among musician can spend money like Atiku or Tinubu?
They are the ones who spend for musicians. I have never heard of
a musician who spent for them

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Nor just in Nigeria, politics is one of the most well paying jobs in many country. You do not have to necessarily embezzle the country's money to make money from politics, you can make money from politics in completely legal way. For example, the parliamentarians in my country receive more money in salary and incentives than the CEO in huge corporations and companies.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Politicians do not reveal their wealth, they even hide from the tax office (because they have earned the money in illegal ways). If they actually revealed their wealth, they would be probably the richest man in their respective countries. However, it is also true that not all politicians are into corruption.